“Actually, 2.5 IMO. Read why...”
Review of Flagship Inn

Flagship Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family insisted this motel deserved a 3. They said the rooms were clean and roomy enough, and even though not right in town, it was walking distance. There is a free trolley too, going into town. All those points are true. However, I am not sure it merits three. We had two rooms. The beds were really springy. Every time me or my husband turned in bed, the other practically rolled around. The pillows were dreadful. Even the kids complained about them. they were either mountains or pancakes. The breakfast is a joke, and features "service" from the worlds worst attendant. At three breakfasts, she seemed to be dawdling or talking to people rather than refilling milk, waffle mix, etc... while people waited. No juice was available for two out of three days. The motel is literally next to a grocery store, yet only once could management be bothered to go there and get 1, yes 1, gallon of juice for dozens of patrons. There wasn't even an apology for the lack of a nutritious breakfast drink. We asked her to clean the table on two mornings. Becasue it is on the main road, we could hear locals blasting their bass beats as they cruised around. I think it would be well worth spending a little extra to stay right in town at one of the several motels there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lindagaf
Aaron B, Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that your experience wasn't as good as it should have been. It looks like you were here during a two day time period that our juice machine was broken. However, we did have juice available, as I am the one that got it. I purchased 4 gallons each morning. I am not aware of ever having run out, but had we, I would have gladly gone to the store for more.

If there is ever anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Flagship Inn

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We selected this place because it is pet friendly and looked good. There is plenty of outdoor space for your dog. The rooms are adequate, but need a face lift. Our room had a very strong pet odor which remained throughout our five day stay. Beds and towels were clean. There are no coffee makers in the room and one must wait until 7:00 AM when the breakfast is available. There are many choices for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phillip_Phyllis

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The decision to accept pets is always a difficult one for a hotel. We have made a decision to accept them in certain pet friendly rooms, and we do our very best to make sure that the rooms are free of any smell. I apologize if that was not the case in this instance.

If there is ever anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. The price is reasonable and it is very clean. The pool area is clean and inviting. The breakfast is adequate. It is close to downtown and you do not have to worry about parking.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon. If there is ever anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

stayed for three nights last week, july 18-20. staff was excellent, and helpful. great breakfast, clean friendly, and reasonable. short distance to harbor, and truly pet friendly .highly recommended. thank you

1  Thank bluto7912

Reviewed 23 July 2014

clean, quiet, great staff, nice pool and Jacuzzi, very clean, good parking, trolley to all attractions which is helpful since parking downtown is crazy and prices, reasonably priced, nice breakfast and movie nights for all

Room Tip: all room were nice and easily reached

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I wanted to write a comment really quickly about this hotel. We were scheduled to stay here from July 23-25. Sadly, we had a death in the family and had to come home. I called the front desk to cancel our reservation and even with the short notice, they did not charge my a cancellation fee. I am so thankful that there are still some businesses run by kind and compassionate human beings. We will definitely use this hotel on our next yearly visit.

1  Thank Newrog1
Matthew B, Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We wish the best to you and your family, and look forward to seeing you next summer.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Arriving in Boothbay late afternoon we came upon the Flagship Inn stopping to see if there were any vacancies for that night. There was a room available with just what we require. Very clean room with a very comfortable bed. Good continental breakfast included with stay. Would definitely return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon. If there is ever anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boothbay Harbor
#1 of 3 in Southport
Brown's Wharf Inn
Brown's Wharf Inn
#3 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor

Been to Flagship Inn? Share your experiences!