“Lobster trip”

Lobster Boat Tour w/ Captain Clive Farrin
Ranked #8 of 15 Tours in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This was my wife and my first trip to Maine. We wanted to go out on a real live Lobster boat. I asked around and Clive was recommended to us. Well I can tell you that it was a blast! The best thing we have done so far. Clive and his deck hand, Cage were just awesome. They explained the ins and outs of the Lobster industry to us and we got to see them checking their Lobster traps and reset them. I would recommend this trip to anyone making a trip to the Boothbay Harbor area!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Clive and his assistant Cage were incredible! The tour and experience were the highlight of our vacation to New England. Take the time, spend time with Clive and learn about the lobster industry in Maine. He is so knowledgable on the biology and works with the local aquarium that you will learn so very much. Thank you both for such a great experience for my birthday!! See you next time and will send all our friends.

1  Thank AmysGreatAdventure
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our little family went out with Capt. Clive and his helper, Cage, Memorial Day Weekend. What an adventure! We got the full experience and education of what it takes to be a lobsterman in Maine! We learned so much about the lobster itself, the laws and regulations regarding the size of the catch, and even a little history of the trade. They were willing to answer all of our questions. My son, who's 9, even got to band the lobster's claws! We all learned so much from this tour and had a wonderful time out on the harbor. I would recommend this for families with school aged children or any adult who wants an Maine Lobster experience!

1  Thank E C
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Capt. Clive couldn't take me out on a lobster boat tour on April 26th, too early for tours to begin. But I was able to ride with him while he participated in the Lobster Trap Race during the Boothbay Harbor Fisherman's Festival. Capt Clive went out of his way to please a stranger from Wisconsin. He made me feel like family. Thanks Captain Clive. Must do activity while in Boothbay Harbor.

2  Thank Scuba-Steve100
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were on vacation in Maine and saw a few advertisements for lobster boat excursions. We are glad we went with Captain clive because it was not only a fun and exciting trip, it was educational and informative as well. There are no bells and whistles, what you see is what you get. A true glimpse into the life of a lobsterman. Highly recommended if you want an authentic experience.

2  Thank Christopher W