“Incomparable”
Review of Topside Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boothbay Harbor
Topside Inn
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Our second visit in as many years and we hope to return again and again. The owners are friendly and responsive, the staff are great, and there are no better views in Boothbay Harbor.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PandLNewYorkCity

Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband and I went to Boothbay Harbor this past June for the first time and stayed at Topside Inn. We couldn't be happier about Topside. The B&B sits on the top of a hill looking over the harbor. We enjoyed the peaceful and beautiful view especially early in the morning. The room where we stayed was on the second floor in a separate building from the main house. It was clean and pleasantly decorated. The breakfast was deliciously prepared and attentively served. We also liked the small and quaint town of Boothbay Harbor. On our next trip to Boothbay Harbor we won't need to search for a place to stay. I highly recommend Topside!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We had not stayed at Topside in a while and I am pleased to report it is as good as ever. The innkeepers, Brian and Ed ,go out of their way to insure a great stay. We stayed in the main house with a beautiful harbor view. The breeze off the water is incredible.The breakfast is different each morning ,served in the dining room or on the porch if you prefer. I cannot think of a more relaxing way to spend an afternoon than in a porch rocker overlooking Boothbay Harbor with a glass of wine, an inn baked cookie or two, and a good book.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Definitely the best view in town Brian and Ed are gracious hosts. The walk downtown is convient and the room comes with parking which is at a premium in town. We will certainly be back.
If visiting boothbay harbor make sure you go to the clambake on Cabbage Island which includes a harbor cruise.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I recently returned to Boothbay Harbor after a 22 year absence and I’m not sure why I had stayed away. This charming village in the great state of Maine is a perfect relaxing get-away and the Topside Inn cannot be matched. I travel all over the country (staying in B&Bs) and the quality at this end is perfect. The Inn Keepers (Brian & Ed) are wonderful with the information they assist with (never steering us wrong from places to eat, sight-seeing as well as massages) and the breakfast (including a hot breakfast) was wonderful every morning. Sitting on their hill overlooking the harbor with a cup of coffee and a fresh baked cookie in the afternoon is the way to spend a relaxing vacation. (Okay, I actually had a cocktail in my hand, but that is just as pleasant.) I cannot recommend this place enough (although I’m afraid if I do, it might be completely booked when I try and return).

Room Tip: Room #8 has a great private deck
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The Topside Inn isn't just beautiful and immaculately maintained, but the Inn Keepers are masters at what they do.

I've stayed at other B&B's where the person checking me in, never made eye contact with me. Well not the case at Topside. I was greeted with a HUGE smile, checked in and given a tour around the main house. I wasn't visiting a facility, I really felt that I was welcomed into a good friend's home!

The breakfasts were incredible, the room was cleaner than clean, the bed was sooooo comfortable and they have the most scenic views in all of Boothbay!!! I just adored sitting in their chairs at the top of the hill overlooking the harbor. It was breathtaking!!!!

Here's how I knew I had a good time. I totally forgot what day it was and wished I had reserved another 3 days there. But the good news is, I WILL GO back.

Don't hesitate folks, you cannot go wrong with Topside Inn at Boothbay Harbor!!!

Regards,
Richard Colonna
Garwood, N.J.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The Topside Inn was the perfect summer retreat from the record hot temperatures in the midwest. We appreciated the great directions to the destination and the warm reception upon arrival. The inn is situated on a hill away from the busy Booth Bay Harbor tourist area but an easy walk. The room was very comfortable and spacious with a covered porch area on two sides. It was nice sitting on the big front porch of the main house or lounging in the Adironack chairs overlooking Booth Bay. The Topside had one of the best breakfast we have ever encountered at a B and B. Four out of four stars

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple