The first thing you see when you approach the hotel is a gigantic fisherman in his yellow slicker raincoat and yellow hat welcoming you to his Inn. When we went to check in, we were greeted by Carol at reception. She was very nice and friendly, as were all the staff.
We were celebrating our birthday so we treated ourselves to one of their corner rooms with a view of the bay. We were on the second floor. All I can say is that it was absolutely spectacular! We went out on the wrap-around balcony to see the whole bay. It was one of the most beautiful views we ever had in a hotel room. Incredible and amazing are just a few words to describe it. There are chairs on the balcony but as it was already Fall, it was too chilly and breezy to sit out. We had a nice large nautical-themed room with 2 beds. It was very comfortable. The bathroom, although on the small side, served its purpose. When we rested in the afternoon, before dinner, we had all the curtains opened wide just to drink in the magnificent view.
Because we were at Brown’s two days before the restaurant was closing for the season, instead of being able to order off a menu and have wait service, a nice buffet breakfast was included with our room. They offered pastries, bagels, muffins, coffee cake, fruit, a waffle machine, juices, cold cereal, and scrambled eggs. I would have loved to have tasted their blueberry pancakes as I heard they were delicious but that was a menu item. We did eat dinner in their restaurant but I will post another review on that separately (it was great).
The location of Brown’s is terrific, just around the bend from the center of town, close to shops and restaurants. There is a huge parking lot in front of the hotel so there was always a place to park. They have an elevator so that makes it ideal for those not on the first floor. Just across from reception is a nice size sitting area with tv, books, a stove-type fireplace and computer. There is also coffee available there.
We can’t say enough good things about Brown’s. We just absolutely loved, loved, loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brown's Wharf Inn Hotel, Marina and Restaurant is located directly over the ocean on beautiful Boothbay Harbor. All rooms have balconies and a commanding view of the harbor, the ocean and boating activities. Cable TV, telephone, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons, in-room safes, Wi-Fi, use of computer, park and lock parking. Restaurant has been owned and operated by the Brown Family for the past 74 years, offering a full menu but specializing in local fresh seafood. Inside-outside dining with beautiful sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Brown's Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brown`s Wharf Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Browns Wharf Hotel
- Browns Wharf Motel
- Browns Wharf Inn
- Brown's Wharf Inn Boothbay Harbor, Maine