Go to Brown's for the view - it's spectacular and overlooks Boothbay Harbor. As long as you don't mind sharing the long balcony, you'll be glad you opted for this place. The only divider on the balcony, between rooms, is a single 2x4 so you don't have any privacy sitting out there - at all!
The room itself is OK - an average, older, motel room with lots of storage and room to move. My pet peeve is when there's only one comfy chair and a desk chair. Brown's had two comfy chairs and a table, plus a desk and chair. YEA! Fairly quiet A/C.
We opted for the third floor, facing the harbor - an extra charge for being on that side of the building, but worth it.
The bathroom is small with the shower/tub and toilet together in a tiny stall. The tiny sink is outside the bath. No storage for toiletries, etc.
The bed was comfy and the cleaning staff very friendly. They did a great job the four days we were there.
Brown's also offers breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is separate from the price of the room and for two cost us about $30. Go elsewhere. There are lots of good restaurants in the Harbor. At Brown's I had the most tasteless blueberry muffin ever. Definitely not worth the cost.
We did have a very good dinner the first night with melt-in-your-mouth scallops. Yum! But we opted to eat at other restaurants the rest of the time. Nice view from the restaurant, though.
So, all in all, given the expansive view from our room, especially during Windjammer Days, it was a good place to stay, just not fancy or modern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brown's Wharf Inn Hotel, Marina and Restaurant is located directly over the ocean on beautiful Boothbay Harbor. All rooms have balconies and a commanding view of the harbor, the ocean and boating activities. Cable TV, telephone, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons, in-room safes, Wi-Fi, use of computer, park and lock parking. Restaurant has been owned and operated by the Brown Family for the past 74 years, offering a full menu but specializing in local fresh seafood. Inside-outside dining with beautiful sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Brown's Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brown`s Wharf Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Browns Wharf Hotel
- Browns Wharf Motel
- Browns Wharf Inn
- Brown's Wharf Inn Boothbay Harbor, Maine