“Awesome Inn !”
Review of Brown's Wharf Inn

Brown's Wharf Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here on a three day weekend in late July . Our room was great , water view . So relaxing to watch the boats in the harbor .Everyone so friendly , and a big help with travel plans .Will be returning again soon .

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 8 August 2014

More than basic, great location overlooking the bay with friendly, helpful staff and every amenity you could want at a reasonable price. The view is beautiful, short walk to town for food as well as lobster almost next door unless you opt to eat at the place's own restaurant.

Room Tip: As for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I love the Topside Inn in Boothbay Harbor; however, as our daughter is only five, we were required to find another location which allowed younger children. I picked Brown's Wharf Inn based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, but I did not expect it to be as great as it was.

The property is beautifully maintained with flowers. The rooms are immaculate. Not just clean to look at, but they smelled clean. Very rarely have I walked into a hotel room which smelled as clean as our room did. Bathroom was very small, but adequate. Living space was quite large with a huge private deck overlooking the inner harbor. There was a fridge in the room and the free wi-fi was the fastest (I am not kidding) I have ever experienced at any hotel I have ever stayed at.

Also, as it was humid, we used the air conditioner. It was a modern, whisper-quiet device and a departure from the loud, rumbly device you encounter in most hotels. My only small criticism would be that the beds were a little too soft; my wife and I rolled to the center of the bed each night. It was fine for two nights, but a firmer mattress would be ideal.

The hotel is on the quiet side of the harbor. It's a 10-minute scenic walk on a sidewalk to the footbridge. You pass two great restaurants en route (Lobster Dock and Lobster Wharf).

There was a small issue with the room rate when we checked in, but it was resolved immediately and without question by the helpful woman at the front desk. Bonus points for that.

We will return.

Room Tip: The Inner Harbor rooms are the more economical option and the view of the harbor was excellent, quie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jonmatt4nr
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Browns Wharf after my parents raving about it for years...and they were spot on! It is such a great place! We stayed in a 3rd floor harbor side room, and you can't beat this location! Beautiful view the the harbor right in front of you. We didn't want to leave the deck to go to dinner it was nice! You can tell the owners care about this hotel which is wonderful. The room was extremely clean & had everything we needed. Staff was friendly as well. We cannot wait to go back!!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

It's not luxury. There is no spa or fancy room service. No fitness center or Olympic size swimming pool. But that doesnt matter.

Service is great and rooms are decent and clean. Free wifi, as well. But even then (aside from clean rooms) who cares?

I write this sitting on my outside deck patio overlooking one of the coolest harbors ever. Want picture perfect costal new england? Well, this is it. It smells like the Ocean because your on it. And thats what its all about. I have nothing bad to say (pending nothing wakes me up during the evening haha).

Seriously, great service, great town and wonderful quaint marina inn right on the bay. Enjoy life. If you want to be pampered go somewhere else. I will enjoy the seagulls landing beside me while a sip a few smuttynose bouncyhouse IPAs.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at Brown's Wharf in mid July 2014, we knew it was an older property, but upon arrival were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and the the excellent manner in which the whole property was maintained. We had one of the corner rooms (312), which is larger than the other rooms and also a bit more expensive, but worth every cent as it has a large, wrap-around balcony that gives one a super view of the whole harbor. The room itself was quite large with two beds a desk and a sitting area. The bathroom was smallish by modern standards, but certainly was sufficient. The room and bath were spotless and were kept that way during our visit by the superb housekeeping staff. We did have some questions about the area and they were readily answered by the cheerful front desk staff. All of the hotel staff seemed to be happy to be working at Brown's Wharf and were very friendly and polite in there dealings with guests. One sign of a well managed property. We ate all three of our breakfasts and dinners in the restaurant attached to the Inn and the food was excellent, with enough selection to please most tastes. Service overall was superb, again a very friendly and willing staff, from the hosts that seated the guests to the wait staff. I would certainly recommend dinner reservations for guest staying at the Inn. We had a cocktail every evening in the bar and both the male and female bartenders were excellent, with the female remembering our exact order the second night she served us, in spite of the fact that the first night the bar was jammed with a very demanding crowd. My hat's off to the lady. In sum, Brown's Wharf is a very relaxing place to stay in spite of the fact that Boothbay Harbor is a very busy and crowded place in the summer months; and you more than get your dollar's worth during your stay at this well run property. We plan on returning in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: The large corner rooms are worth the little extra charged and make for a great stay
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in a king room at Browns Wharf Motel for one night . The staff is very friendly and helpful, room was immaculate and roomy. Our room was on the second floor with a balcony and view of the harbor. We didn't take advantage of the restaurant but it is right on site but closes at 8:30. If you want a traditional Maine Hotel with friendly people in a nice location this place is a winner.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and I am not sure there is an elevator so if you have mobility issu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Southport
Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa
Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa
#1 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor

Been to Brown's Wharf Inn? Share your experiences!