Boothbay Harbor Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Flagship Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$124
Tugboat Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$142
Topside Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Brown's Wharf Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Beach Cove Waterfront Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Fisherman's Wharf Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Mid-Town Motel(Boothbay Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Linekin Bay Resort(Boothbay Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfoot bridgebus triplobstergreat viewend of the seasonthe general managerfire pitbit datedshort walkclean roomswater viewlocation was perfectbreakfast roomcomfortable chairsdowntown areashops and restaurantsa great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2007

We came back last week from a three-day stay at the Boothbay Harbor Inn. I am still upset.
The room comes with continental breakfast. The first day, we ate in the dark little "lounge" and bussed our own table that we had to wait for. There are only about five or so tables for guests. They had bagels, muffins, etc. and plastic utensils. No management is in attendance.
I noticed that there were busboys setting tables in the dining room with a view of the harbor that was off limits to us. I asked the front desk about eating our breakfast in the dining room, the sales manager said " of course you can eat in there" I asked why no one was in there, she said it was their choice.
The next day, we carried our bagels and paper plates into the dining room to find we could only sit at the little bar tables. I thought well, at least we can see the view we are paying for.
The last morning as we were getting our bagels, the bus boy saw me and locked the door to the dining room! I called over to him and said that that we were told we could eat in there. He said that the day before we left a mess on the table and we were not to eat there! My husband finally told him to open the door. He stormed off to the front desk.
The sales manager said she would pass on my complaint after I told her about the rude and inappropriate behavior we received.
I did get a call from the Inn. After making excuses like, "she had never seen him behave like that before, and the dining room is for our bus trip guests", she said she would speak with him.
I was so upset at the nerve of this man to look right at me, lock the door to the dining room, and then argue with me about it! I also felt as if the management didn't believe me.
I called the Inn again to follow up on what the outcome or consequences to the busboy were. No response. I guess "speaking" is all that they felt was necessary.
It was a very upsetting episode.
Stay at the RockTide Inn next door, they have a full buffet breakfast in the dining room, view of the bay, real silverware, busboys that work hard and a pleasant staff.

Stayed: June 2007
8  Thank OceanMusic
Reviewed 10 October 2006

This Hotel is not a Luxury Hotel but good value.Get a room overlooking the harbour sit on your balcony and take in the fantastic view.The best is at sunset with a cold beer from the excellent bar in the hotel.The staff are really nice and helpful.Useful free internet in the lounge.The restaurant is excellent and relaxing with a pianist playing.Try the fish dishes they are really excellent.There is entertainment some evenings in the lounge.Free newspaper is left at your door each morning.There is a footbridge next to the Hotel which takes you into Boothbay,a nice little place with good restaurants should you not want to eat at the Hotel.Many boat trips can be taken from the harbour.We were really sad to leave this place and would certainly like to go back

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
9  Thank davehitchin
Reviewed 20 September 2006

We just got back from a week on the coast of maine. What a beautiful place. We had a wonderful time except for the Boothday Harbor Inn in Boothday. I had spent hours on the computer trying to find the best places to stay. I called the hotel and requested a harbor view king room. When I received the confirmation in the mail, the price was almost exactly what I had been quoted. When we arrived at the hotel, we were given a "deluxe" double room by the parking lot looking at the footbridge. Hardly what I would call a harbor view. I was very upset but the reception people could care less!!! Too bad, so sad..... They did nothing to help out the situation. The room was sloppy, screen door bent. I was so glad to leave there the next day!
Good news: the Upper Deck Cafe is a wonderful place for breakfast. We ate there several mornings. Kalers is a great place for happy hour 3-5. Dollar drafts and very friendly service!
Several days later we were back in Boothday Harbor and stayed at Brown's Wharf Hotel. Now that is a great place!! We had a room on the 3rd floor facing the harbor. It was beautiful and the service and staff were terrific. Loved the balcony and view. Anxious to go back there anytime!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Libbo
Reviewed 5 September 2006

The rooms are small. No closet. Over priced for what is being offered. Very good restaurant in the hotel. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank sirmeone
Reviewed 28 June 2006

This is a midsized lodge-type hotel/motel with two floors. There is an annex which is also two floors but smaller. The two buildings face a mid-sized court which is right on the water. Most rooms either face the harbor or have water views via a shared balcony/perimeter walkway which is roomy and well-kept. The second floor room I stayed in had a view of the footbridge and most of "downtown". Other rooms have a view of the outer harbor. The location is very convenient to restaurants and stores in the harbor. The court area is plainly landscaped but pleasant with good placement of outdoor seating to view the harbor activity. Rooms are soundproofed well against outside noise from across the harbor. Walls are not thin but you can hear thumping of adjoining rooms if the occupant is noisy - not terrible though. Parking is awkward because its necessary to walk a distance around a separating fence but manageable because there is not much need to use the car. Annex second floor is accessed by a steep outer stairway which may be difficult for older adults. Air conditioning is powerful. Room size is medium-small but well furnished. Bathroom is medium sized, standard. Good toiletries provided. Housekeeping appeared very very good and the room was very well cleaned and kept up. Basic cable with a few movie channels. Front desk help is competent and somewhat distracted. Great harbor views. A comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2006