We travel from Boston, up to Boothbay Harbor a few times a year, and usually stay at the Tugboat. Its nothing oppulent, but we always have a clean and comfortable stay. This last visit, August 2011, we had room 136, which is at the very end on the upper floor, with the best view of the entire Harbor. Sitting on the deck, with a glass of wine, just watching the boat traffic in this great little "busy" harbor town, is so relaxing. Room 136 is a small corner room with queen bed, and large walk in shower only, no tub. But that works for us. The included continental breakfast is simple, just good hot coffee, juices, granola and other cereals, muffins and such. If you want to eat a big blueberry pancake or egg omlett breakfast, just walk 50 yards up the road to the Ebb Tide, or Blue Moon restaurants, both have really good "full" breakfasts. There are some other really nice hotels / motels in Boothbay Harbor, some are certainly nicer (and some more expensive) but the Tugboat has a great location for intown walking, and its just a good value in my oppinion. The dinner in the Tugboat restaurant is a good value as well. Always has good Maine lobster, seafood dishes and steaks, priced well.
We''ll be back, the Tugboat Inn is OK with me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown waterfront location directly on the harbor. Modern comfortable guestrooms with balconies, air conditioning, cable tv with free movie channel, telephone with voice mail, hair dryer, Keurig coffee maker, refrigerator and personal amenities. Rates include continental breakfast, free parking and free local phone calls. Complimentary computer with DSL in hotel lobby. Complimentary wi-fi in most locations. Full service restaurant, seasonal cocktail lounge with patio deck, and marina with slip and mooring rentals all on site. Waterfront hot tub available for guests. Music at the piano bar in season. Special vacation packages available. Open mid April to late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Priceline, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Tugboat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tugboat Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Tugboat Inn Boothbay Harbor, Maine