“farther day out”
Review of McSeagull's

McSeagull's
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winthrop
“farther day out”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

decided to head for the coast for lunch. restaurant was recommended by friends. We were seated immediately and given menus and drink orders taken. dining room was clean with band playing and staff was pleasant. The food from the kitchen was excellent but took a while. Waiter kept our drinks full and met all our needs.

Navarre, Florida
“Ocean cove view & scrumptious food served promptly equals perfection!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Promptly seated, a friendly staff served us a delicious meal way too soon as we were enjoying the view from the outdoor seating watching boats pass by! My 2 crab cakes off the appetizer menu accompanied by a petite Caesar salad were great! Capers in the crab cakes, yummy! Clams steamed in wine, red peppers, onions & butter, creatively served covered & delicious.

Aurora, Colorado
“Terrible food - Terrible Service - Over-priced”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

After carefully explaining my food allergies (gluten and onions), to our server who assured me that it would be no problem for the kitchen staff to accommodate, I still received food I could not eat, and I had to send back. So I sat there waiting and waiting, while my dinner companion's food arrived. High prices for a poorly executed lobster roll ($25). When my entrée finally arrived (again), it was burnt so badly that it was almost unsalvageable. The sides that we were told would accompany our entrée were completely different. Our server zoomed by and asked about our meals, and when I responded I was disappointed, disappeared, not to return until other servers took pity on us and cleared the table for us. When she finally returned she said I should have told her about the problems we encountered, but she never gave me the opportunity to do so. Avoid this place, and you will avoid over-priced poorly prepared food, and an indifferent staff.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Ellen_pclt
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Enjoyed our dinner!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

McSeagulls is on the harbor, so there was a nice view when seated outside. Enjoyed the scallops and garlic over pasta of the day, plus delicious drinks (watch out, they use plenty of alcohol!).

Visited June 2014
Newport Beach, California
“Always great”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'll start by saying I have a new policy. It's going to take a LOT to get 5 stars, so don't be put off by the fact that my last review for McSeagulls was a 5 star review. Nothing has changed except the menu. Seriously, the menus are brand spankin' new this season. Mostly the same things as before, some new, and some changes to the old standards. For instance....tuna tartare, always my go to appetizer, is now served on a fried avocado. I was disappointed when I read that, why mess with perfection, I wondered. But this presentation is every bit as good. I sort of miss the little endive leaves that you could use as scoops for the tartare with the wasabi mayo, but the avocado is very, very good, not greasy, but creamy and delish. Calamari still one of the best appetizers in the harbor. Ditto on the clam chowder.

I can't speak to a lot of things on the menu because I haven't ventured away from my favorites this early in the season. I'm anxious to try the nachos...some of the combos sound heavenly. My daughter loves their pulled pork BBQ sandwich. Salads are always fresh and crisp. You can't go wrong here. There's something for everyone, and then some.