“Disrespected, endangered, and grossed out”
Review of Gray's Wharf - CLOSED

Gray's Wharf
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I brought my family to this restaurant for the nice view for lunch.
Regarding the food: The lobster roll had about 1/4 of a lobster on a greasy bun, the summer salad was also lacking in lobster quantity and the lobster on the salad was slimy and perhaps bad. The pecans were not actually candied as the menu stated and it was completely flavorless.
Regarding the cost: We paid $16 for the lobster roll and the salad with lobster (each) and, when put together, they still contained less meat than one whole lobster. Very over-priced for the unflavorful food.
Regarding the service: The waitress never checked on us or asked how our food was, we waited a long time for the things we needed. She was young and horribly under-trained.
Regarding the management: While sitting outside and dining, the umbrella to our table flew out and almost hit my baby nephew in the face, had my sister not caught it in time. The manager then sat inside (while drinking at the bar) watching me struggle to grab the umbrella while it was blowing in the wind. We spoke politely to him about our food and our scare with the umbrella and the baby's face. He responded by saying "I have a problem with people who are trying to get free things." My sister excused herself after he was completely rude and patronizing stating "Well congratulations" when she told him that she caught his umbrella and stopped it from hitting her baby. He then got red in the face and raised his voice at me in the middle of the restaurant, stated that I was lying about the umbrella and speaking very rudely to me. He had been drinking and smelled of booze.
Overall experience, I was demeaned in front of the other customers after being fed a horribly lacking and flavorless meal and watching my nephew nearly take an umbrella to the face. In the end, they scrapped the salad and we still had to pay for the rest of the awful food including the gross lobster roll. We left hungry and left with a scare after being treated horribly. DO NOT EAT HERE!

2  Thank meghan m

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stopped by for steamers and beer. Great spot to relax, enjoy the harbor view, and soak up the sun and ambience. Excellent wait staff. I recommend it for mid-day break.

2  Thank Lyn T
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

It's a shame that a restaurant with a great setting (harbour views) appears to be run by surly teenagers. The food was over cooked (burnt) and when I pointed this out the waitress used her fingers to snap my daughters chicken in two and explain how perfectly cooked it was. The broken pieces were then placed back on my daughters plate (very appetising!). So not only did we not get replacement food for the burnt stuff,but were expected to eat it after it was manhandled. My children ended up eating my pasta as it was the only dish that was edible and they were hungry. NEVER AGAIN!!

2  Thank Daphnelovesniles
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is a very laid back bar with a great view of the harbor & pool tables for a little extra fun. They have live music on a regular basis & serve a basic menu.

2  Thank JimBoothbayCC
Reviewed 20 August 2012

What an excellent view we enjoyed from our outdoor deck table! We watched people coming & going in their boats: some yachts, some small sailboats, even a group of kayakers passed along side the deck. Not only could we see clear across the harbor, from the restaurant's deck dining, but we spotted a wedding in process at a church! The waitress was very polite & prompt amid the busy tables, she always checked back with us. I enjoyed freshly made crab cakes while others at the table enjoyed lobsters and clams. Atmosphere, food & service far above expectations!

3  Thank seniortraveler8383