“filet mignon ravioli”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Come and explore the cuisine of the Ports of Italy from our cozy restaurant on the waterfront in Boothbay Harbor.
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I agree with another reviewer, the filet mignon ravioli was disappointing.

(A local recommended Ports of Italy, and Boathouse Bistro. I chose Ports of Italy because I stumbled upon their back parking lot.)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We ate here on 2 successive evenings. The first meal of Seabass [for my wife] and Italian sausage tagliatelle [myself] were excellent. The service was attentive and our only gripe was that the bread for the dip was stale.
For our second meal, the lobster ravioli was OK but at $26 my wife expected more than 4 pieces. My mignon ravioli was also OK, but I expected more than 5 pieces. Although the bread was fresh this time, the service was not so attentive. If you visit this restaurant, you may or may not be lucky with your choice on the menu.

1  Thank Teljoy
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The menu sounded outstanding, so my husband and I decided to give it a try. The first sign, should have been when what I wanted to eat was no longer on the menu and the bottle of Perrier water was 7.00. The appetizer of bruschetta was outsanding so we started to get excited. I ordered the scallops fettucine and my husband ordered the Taglolini al frutti di mare and we ordered a bottle of wine. Our dinners arrived promptly and the service was very good, however we were both disappointed as neither of our meals had ANY flavor. We both could not believe how tasteless the meals were. We couldn't leave fast enough. To top it off, they didn't accept our American Express card and we had to put the 100.00 tab on our bank card. I don't think I would return to see if this was just an "off" night.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Owned by Italian with great passion for food and drink.
Imported whole fish was excellent.
Went during restaurant week for $25 salad, porchetta, and tiramisu which were all very good. Owner helps choose wine and meal if you like. Great alternative for when you're ready to eat something besides lobster.
Recommend reservation - they are on Open Table.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Very disappointing all round. Crab cake starter tasted only of salt and pepper. Porchetta had FAR too much salt, the garlic rub was overpowering and the "crispy" pork fat was soft and soggy.
Nice waiter. Brought small bruschetta and a bag of foccaia bread with an olive oil dip as appetisers, but the bread was cold and stale.
Overall, an expensive mistake. There are lots more places to eat in Boothbay Harbor.