“Nice location”

Fisherman's Wharf Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This motel is in the best location in Boothbay and you can walk to so many places from here. Also the rooms have balconies overlooking the harbor. However, the rooms are very dated, yet clean. The bed was comfortable and we received a free 1 1/2 hour boat tour of Boothbay Harbor and outlying islands where we saw seals, lighthouses and beautiful views. The breakfast buffet was also excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
FrontDeskManager_FWI, Front Office Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Fisherman’s Wharf Inn. I am overjoyed that you were able to enjoy the complimentary harbor tour with the Boothbay Whale Watch; it really is a great benefit to staying at the Wharf, and no one should visit Maine without getting out on the water. The whole staff has been very happy with the breakfast this season- a delicious breakfast is certainly the way to start the day. We are working hard to update the hotel while still maintaining our traditions, so I do hope that you will visit us again to enjoy all the exciting updates and changes that are coming over the horizon. Thank you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I came up with my family to go to Cabbage Island - we thoroughly enjoyed our hotel rooms facing the ocean and the tall ships that docked right in front of our rooms. It was so peaceful and serene at Booth Bay Harbor. Cabbage Island was a pure delight for my kids - eating lobsters was the highlight of the afternoon. The hotel is ideally located to downtown and the ships all leave from the side of the hotel. The dining room had such delicious food and the morning breakfast was superb - my Granddaughter loved the tasty omelette - made to order - for her. We will definitely be back again next year.

Jo Anne McMahon
Tewksbury, MA.

Room Tip: Second floor Rooms facing the ocean are fantastic with the terrace outside.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

On behalf of the whole staff at the Fisherman’s Wharf Inn, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The breakfast this year has been a really great addition; the custom omelets have had a lot of people smiling in the morning. I am very happy you had such a pleasant experience with us, and do so love to hear that you will be coming to visit again. It is always nice to see our “old” friends come visit us year after year, and we look forward to continuing to provide a top-notch vacation experience for you and your family, year after year.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was our first visit to Boothbay Harbor. We had a wonderful stay, everyone was very accomodating. Located right on the water, next to shops and restaurants. We arrived a little late and missed the complimentary harbor tour, we will definitely arrive earlier next time we visit. The complimentary buffet breakfast in the dining room was wonderful with delicious food and a view overlooking the harbor. The rooms are a little dated but very clean. Ours had a balcony which overlooked the water. We will definitely return to Fisherman's Wharf Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman’s Wharf Inn. I am happy that you had a wonderful stay- it is the goal of the whole staff to ensure that our guests have a great stay. It is nice to be able to show them proof that their hard work is paying off. The breakfast has a lot of people very happy this season, and it has been a wonderful addition to the benefits of staying at the Fisherman’s Wharf Inn. It makes every one’s day a bit brighter to relax and enjoy a great breakfast surrounded by such beauty as our little harbor provides. I do hope that you will get a chance to enjoy the complimentary harbor during your next stay- the Boothbay Whale Watch does a great job hosting our guests for this great afternoon excursion, and I encourage everyone to take advantage. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is our 3rd stay here and they are just doing everything right. They provided a quiet relaxing top floor room with an outer harbor view as I requested. From the valets, the front desk personnel, dining room staff and housekeeping staff you are doing it right here!!! Thank you for the well done complimentary breakfasts (your omelet station chef was outstanding) and the free cruise on the Harbor Princess was really special. The only negative to me was the cigarette smoke that wafted up from guests out of their 2nd floor decks. I know that this is a non-smoking hotel, but my wife convinced me not to complain.

Room Tip: Opt for the 3rd floor with an outer harbor view away from the elevator or stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

On behalf of the staff at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. We all work hard to provide our guests with a relaxing, enjoyable vacation, it is always motivating to hear about our successes. The complimentary harbor tour on the Harbor Princess has been a real great benefit to offer our guests. The folks at the Boothbay Whale Watch do a great job hosting our guests, and no one should come to Maine without getting out on the water. Boothbay Harbor has a lot to offer, and our central location is a another great benefit of staying with us, one I glad that you were able to enjoy. We all look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is our 3rd year staying at Fisherman's Wharf. They know how to take care of their guests, and go out of their way to do the little things right. They specialize in making their guests feel at home.

Room Tip: Use their website to check out rooms with a harbor view. Excellent for the fireworks!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn. The whole staff takes great pride in making the Inn feel like a home away from home for our guests, and it is a great motivator to know that we succeeded. I do hope that your three year tradition will continue, and you will come back and enjoy all the exciting updates and changes to the Fisherman's Wharf Inn that are sure to come!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

OK, I've written about the Fisherman's Wharf Inn before, but just have to write again! It was like coming home again! It was hubby and my 4th time back together for Windjammer Days. Since that time the Fisherman's Wharf Inn has been acquired by the Lafayette Hotels....wan't sure what to expect, but was not disappointed! There are a lot of changes going on and each change brings a wonderful new experience! The menu was great....I am not a fish eater (I know, I'm a bad New England gal), but their crispy cheesie haddock was to die for!! Hubby got his lobstah (not fancy...just buttah and lemon!) just the way he wanted it! John and Dylan at the bar were friendly and ready to make our stay (at the bar) all we could dream of! Alan is wonderful and makes sure everyone is happy! John the GM is right in the heart of things and we saw him being a jack of all trades! If you get the chance to visit the Fisherman's Wharf Inn, you MUST ask John at the bar to make his "John of Troy" (he will know what you mean) or his "Strawberry Shortcake" drink (he will definitely know I sent you!) :) I only can wish hubby and I lived closer so we could make more trips to visit the Fisherman's Wharf Inn!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

On behalf of all of us at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time(again!) to share your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn. I am overjoyed that you have made the Fisherman's Wharf Inn part of your own special Maine tradition; seeing our friends come back year after year has always been one of the greatest facets of my position at the Wharf. Thank you for sharing the great photos, and we will look forward to your next stay with us. In the meantime, I will have to talk to John in the bar about this "John of Troy" concoction- it sounds interesting!

Reviewed 3 July 2012

This was our second visit to Boothbay Harbor and Fisherman's Wharf Inn. We enjoyed this hotel so much on our first visit that we were looking forward to staying there again. We were not disappointed. We arrived just in time to take advantage of the complimentary harbor cruise that is offered by the Hotel. It was a very enjoyable, scenic cruise that toured the harbor and also took us out to view the seals that were enjoying the water and rocks nearby. Also included is an excellent full breakfast that is served in the dining room overlooking the picturesque harbor. The hotel is conveniently located near charming shops, restaurants and tour boats. Our room was a bit dated but clean and well appointed. It had a balcony which overlooked the water and some of the shops in town, very relaxing. Valet parking is free and convenient. Picture perfect hotel and location, we truly enjoyed our stay, thank you to the staff of Fisherman's Wharf Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SunyFLx4
FrontDeskManager_FWI, Front Office Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for you kind words and your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. It is a great feeling for everyone to know that they are helping to create such a great stay for our guests, and a real motivation as well. We are really proud of all the great perks of staying at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn- the guided afternoon harbor tour, the fantastic breakfast, the central location- and I am overjoyed that you got to enjoy them all. We hope to see you again real soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boothbay Harbor
#1 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor
Boothbay Harbor Inn
Boothbay Harbor Inn
#8 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor

Been to Fisherman's Wharf Inn? Share your experiences!