“Excellent Location, Great Value”

Fisherman's Wharf Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Lincoln, Maine
“Excellent Location, Great Value”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Valet service was an excellent perk especially where parking is a premium downtown. Check-in was very smooth and the clerk very pleasant and informative. I was unaware that not only was breakfast included but a cruise on their huge tour boat! Did not have time for the cruise but did enjoy breakfast the next morning. Omlet station with a carving station of ham. Also had a selection of many other breakfast staples like eggs, bacon, frenchtoast , pancakes and fruit and more. At 730am I was the only one up that early for breakfast and had the whole dining area to myself. It is all windows looking out on the harbor so you had a great view no matter where you sit.
Style and functionality of my room harkened back to when I used to travel with my parents around the country back in the 60-70's .Floors seemed kind of thin as I could here the tenants upstairs stomping around late night and early morning. Impeded somewhat on my sleep on both ends of the scale. Clean and the view was looking right out on the harbor. There was a small balcony to further enjoy the view and get that great salt air.
The location is right on the dock on the harbor so just stepping out the front door of the hotel you can walk in either direction and get to a restaurant or stores or some great liquid refreshments.
I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I would choose something on the top floor if you can get it. Not sure if the customers upstairs were...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 123lemon
FrontDeskManager_FWI, Front Office Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
On behalf of the whole staff at the Fisherman’s Wharf Inn, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The breakfast this year has been a really great addition; there really isn’t anywhere else in the harbor to enjoy your breakfast with such a magnificent view. I do hope that you get to take advantage of the harbor tour on your next visit; it has been a great addition for our guests, and I truly believe that everyone that comes to Maine should get out on the water. I am glad you were able to enjoy our prime location- the convenience to the harbor’s plethora of dining, shopping and excursion options is a great benefit for our guests. I am sorry that your sleep was interrupted by noise during your stay, and would love to be able to work with you to arrange your next reservation in a quieter area of the hotel. I am really happy to hear that you would choose to stay with us again, and I and the whole staff are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This motel is in the best location in Boothbay and you can walk to so many places from here. Also the rooms have balconies overlooking the harbor. However, the rooms are very dated, yet clean. The bed was comfortable and we received a free 1 1/2 hour boat tour of Boothbay Harbor and outlying islands where we saw seals, lighthouses and beautiful views. The breakfast buffet was also excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Fisherman’s Wharf Inn. I am overjoyed that you were able to enjoy the complimentary harbor tour with the Boothbay Whale Watch; it really is a great benefit to staying at the Wharf, and no one should visit Maine without getting out on the water. The whole staff has been very happy with the breakfast this season- a delicious breakfast is certainly the way to start the day. We are working hard to update the hotel while still maintaining our traditions, so I do hope that you will visit us again to enjoy all the exciting updates and changes that are coming over the horizon. Thank you again.
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I came up with my family to go to Cabbage Island - we thoroughly enjoyed our hotel rooms facing the ocean and the tall ships that docked right in front of our rooms. It was so peaceful and serene at Booth Bay Harbor. Cabbage Island was a pure delight for my kids - eating lobsters was the highlight of the afternoon. The hotel is ideally located to downtown and the ships all leave from the side of the hotel. The dining room had such delicious food and the morning breakfast was superb - my Granddaughter loved the tasty omelette - made to order - for her. We will definitely be back again next year.

Jo Anne McMahon
Tewksbury, MA.

Room Tip: Second floor Rooms facing the ocean are fantastic with the terrace outside.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
On behalf of the whole staff at the Fisherman’s Wharf Inn, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The breakfast this year has been a really great addition; the custom omelets have had a lot of people smiling in the morning. I am very happy you had such a pleasant experience with us, and do so love to hear that you will be coming to visit again. It is always nice to see our “old” friends come visit us year after year, and we look forward to continuing to provide a top-notch vacation experience for you and your family, year after year.
Maine
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was our first visit to Boothbay Harbor. We had a wonderful stay, everyone was very accomodating. Located right on the water, next to shops and restaurants. We arrived a little late and missed the complimentary harbor tour, we will definitely arrive earlier next time we visit. The complimentary buffet breakfast in the dining room was wonderful with delicious food and a view overlooking the harbor. The rooms are a little dated but very clean. Ours had a balcony which overlooked the water. We will definitely return to Fisherman's Wharf Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman’s Wharf Inn. I am happy that you had a wonderful stay- it is the goal of the whole staff to ensure that our guests have a great stay. It is nice to be able to show them proof that their hard work is paying off. The breakfast has a lot of people very happy this season, and it has been a wonderful addition to the benefits of staying at the Fisherman’s Wharf Inn. It makes every one’s day a bit brighter to relax and enjoy a great breakfast surrounded by such beauty as our little harbor provides. I do hope that you will get a chance to enjoy the complimentary harbor during your next stay- the Boothbay Whale Watch does a great job hosting our guests for this great afternoon excursion, and I encourage everyone to take advantage. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is our 3rd stay here and they are just doing everything right. They provided a quiet relaxing top floor room with an outer harbor view as I requested. From the valets, the front desk personnel, dining room staff and housekeeping staff you are doing it right here!!! Thank you for the well done complimentary breakfasts (your omelet station chef was outstanding) and the free cruise on the Harbor Princess was really special. The only negative to me was the cigarette smoke that wafted up from guests out of their 2nd floor decks. I know that this is a non-smoking hotel, but my wife convinced me not to complain.

Room Tip: Opt for the 3rd floor with an outer harbor view away from the elevator or stairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
On behalf of the staff at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. We all work hard to provide our guests with a relaxing, enjoyable vacation, it is always motivating to hear about our successes. The complimentary harbor tour on the Harbor Princess has been a real great benefit to offer our guests. The folks at the Boothbay Whale Watch do a great job hosting our guests, and no one should come to Maine without getting out on the water. Boothbay Harbor has a lot to offer, and our central location is a another great benefit of staying with us, one I glad that you were able to enjoy. We all look forward to your next visit with us.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is our 3rd year staying at Fisherman's Wharf. They know how to take care of their guests, and go out of their way to do the little things right. They specialize in making their guests feel at home.

Room Tip: Use their website to check out rooms with a harbor view. Excellent for the fireworks!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn. The whole staff takes great pride in making the Inn feel like a home away from home for our guests, and it is a great motivator to know that we succeeded. I do hope that your three year tradition will continue, and you will come back and enjoy all the exciting updates and changes to the Fisherman's Wharf Inn that are sure to come!
Central Valley CA
Reviewed 8 July 2012

OK, I've written about the Fisherman's Wharf Inn before, but just have to write again! It was like coming home again! It was hubby and my 4th time back together for Windjammer Days. Since that time the Fisherman's Wharf Inn has been acquired by the Lafayette Hotels....wan't sure what to expect, but was not disappointed! There are a lot of changes going on and each change brings a wonderful new experience! The menu was great....I am not a fish eater (I know, I'm a bad New England gal), but their crispy cheesie haddock was to die for!! Hubby got his lobstah (not fancy...just buttah and lemon!) just the way he wanted it! John and Dylan at the bar were friendly and ready to make our stay (at the bar) all we could dream of! Alan is wonderful and makes sure everyone is happy! John the GM is right in the heart of things and we saw him being a jack of all trades! If you get the chance to visit the Fisherman's Wharf Inn, you MUST ask John at the bar to make his "John of Troy" (he will know what you mean) or his "Strawberry Shortcake" drink (he will definitely know I sent you!) :) I only can wish hubby and I lived closer so we could make more trips to visit the Fisherman's Wharf Inn!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
On behalf of all of us at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time(again!) to share your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn. I am overjoyed that you have made the Fisherman's Wharf Inn part of your own special Maine tradition; seeing our friends come back year after year has always been one of the greatest facets of my position at the Wharf. Thank you for sharing the great photos, and we will look forward to your next stay with us. In the meantime, I will have to talk to John in the bar about this "John of Troy" concoction- it sounds interesting!