As per the title!
Actually it was the best room too - reception offered a room with a great view or a cheaper room with a more restricted view. We took the cheap one, then were delighted to find it had it's own balcony overlooking the bay. It was room 18, I think, in the little annexe built over the water on stilts - just fantastic watching the tide come in & out under the room.
The restaurant was a bit over-priced, and eating in the bar meant you weren't "Bay watching".
If they don't offer, and you want it, ask for a complimentary trip round the bay - we walked around and asked about rates at 3 places, and they all offered this. The trip took an hour & a half, and would have cost $25 I think, and it, too, was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Boothbay Harbor, the Fisherman's Wharf Inn has been a Maine summer tradition since 1946. We offer 54 guest rooms with harbor views, exquisite waterfront dining, and a central location convenient to all the harbor's shopping, dining and excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Fisherman's Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Fisherman's Wharf Inn Boothbay Harbor, Maine