“Fantastic Location!!”

Fisherman's Wharf Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here two nights for a brief vacation. It's an absolutely wonderful place to stay!! There is valet (free) parking, they took our luggage to our room for us. We stayed on the second floor overlooking the harbor and there is an elevator there. The view was breathtaking! It's well worth the extra money to get the room with the full view of the harbor. The Inn is in the middle of everything! No need to move your car. You can walk to everywhere, short distances. My husband wanted to stay longer. Our first night there, we sat on our balcony that evening and just watched the ocean, the boats and the people. So relaxing! Room was spotless! Service was exceptional! The following day, we walked a very short distance to the Whale Watch and Sail Boat ride! Again, no need to move your car. Everything right there. We also visited the quaint shops in the area, along with the restaurants. We also at the restaurant on the premises. We had the breakfast buffet (which they give you $10.00 coupons for breakfast every night you stay there to use the next morning). Delicious! We also had supper there. Excellent food and what a view of the harbor! Breathtaking. When we were ready to leave, they drive your car right up to the doorstep for you. What a treat! All I can say is "Thank You" to the owners and staff at the Inn for such a wonderful place to stay! You cater to everyone's needs. Will definitely return for another visit!

Room Tip: Spend the little bit of extra money and get a room with full view of the harbor. It's well wort...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank birdluver79

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We travel to BoothBay every year for our anniversary. This is our 3rd year staying here and we just love it. The location and ability to walk everywhere in town is a plus. The help has always been nothing but nice and accomodating. The complimentary upgrade and free breakfast was a nice treat as well.

Room Tip: While we've never had a "bad" room, overlooking the harbor towards Kaler's is goin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy V
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for our 27th anniversary and were very pleased with the hotel. There is complimentary parking and the location is perfect, right on the wharf and in the center of everything! We only stayed one night but I wish we had stayed longer. Our room looked right over the town dock and it was great to sit out on the deck and watch the comings and goings of the boats. The breakfast in the morning was great, and a voucher was included for the breakfast so the stay was very reasonable and the breakfast very good, again looking out over the docks. What really impressed me was that I mistakenly left a canvas bag with a bunch of miscellaneous items in it, and when I realized a week later that I might have left it, I called and they had it, and the manager Ron graciously mailed it to me!! Thanks Ron! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pks2000
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have stayed here on several occasions prior to this visit. This time we got a room on the inner harbor. It is the second worst room I have EVER stayed in. The balcony opened onto the water. However- our balcony was next to the kitchen exhaust and right across the pier from a bar. The bar had a band that started at 9:00 and ended at 1:00. Even with the door closed, the AC and TV on, we could not drown out the noise. If you didn't shut the bathroom door, you couldn't see the TV. There were no other rooms- I asked. The food at the complimentary breakfast was adequate. The parking lot/valet guys were great and extremely accommodating. If I can't get a room on the outer harbor, I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor or outer harbor views. Avoid inner harbor rooms at all coast.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
FrontDeskManager_FWI, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn and Restaurant. We appreciate your kind words about the valets-- they do a great job as the primary greeters at the hotel. I am truly sorry that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. Should you desire a return visit, I would recommend booking early so that we can make sure that we have plenty of options for you to choose from. Till that day, please travel safely and often.
Fisherman’s Wharf Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed 11 August 2013

The service was excellent. We had a room on the other side of the restaurant which needs some updating. Great location on the pier centrally located. The front desk staff was very helpful. The parking is limited parking staff great at retrieving your car when needed

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the front wing above the garage. Had a chance to see those rooms and the one I saw...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn and Restaurant. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to the next time you are in the area so that you may join us again. I am happy that you had such a positive experience with the staff- we pride ourselves on our friendliness, and it is great to know when we succeed. I am sorry that your accommodations did not meet your expectations, but we are working hard at improving the guest experience . We hope you visit again soon, till then please travel safely and often.

Fisherman’s Wharf Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We returned for 4 nights this year and were assigned room 218. The rooms are basically unchanged from last year with the only improvements noted were in the lobby. There is now free Wi-Fi. The free afternoon cruise has been eliminated as the Boothbay Whale Watch is no longer operating. Another change was there is no longer a breakfast buffet, but each guest now receives a $10 coupon good for breakfast in the restaurant. The is sufficient as the breakfast menu is reasonable priced.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank westie2

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn and Restaurant. We are working hard to balance a the needs of the modern traveler while remaining true to our rustic, New England roots. I truly hope that you will continue to join us and experience the improvements we make over the next several season. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon. Till then, please travel safely and often.

FWI

Reviewed 5 August 2013

On our way to the Fisherman's Wharf Inn I read the reviews here on TA and some of them got me worried. However, there was nothing to worry about. The hotel is right on the water with a beautiful view. Our room was a side view (I was trying to save $) but the view was still awesome. We had a little balcony with chairs. The room itself was spotless and quite large. We even had a little sitting room next to the bedroom but didn't use it because I wanted to be on the balcony. They give each person a $10 voucher for breakfast. The restaurant has a nice view also and we enjoyed having breakfast there. The breakfast was good. We just had usual stuff - eggs, bacon, etc. I really enjoyed our stay here and loved Boothbay Harbor.

Room Tip: If you can afford the more expensive rooms that are bayfront go for it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petsitter

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn and Restaurant. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to the next time you are in the area so that you may join us again. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the fantastic views and that your breakfast was good- always a nice way to start the day. Please visit again soon, till then please travel safely and often.

FWI

#1 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor
Boothbay Harbor Inn
Boothbay Harbor Inn
#8 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor

Been to Fisherman's Wharf Inn? Share your experiences!