“Great views”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Augusta, Maine, United States
“Great views”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights here during the Windjammer week. The room is nothing special a bit old but you're paying for the view. We had the perfect room to watch the activities going on below and boats coming and going. The buffet breakfast is amazing. Valet parking is great. They were wonderful and fast about getting our van for use each time we left. I only wished I would have been prepared and had cash on me for a tip. Felt really bad because I'm usually a very generous tipper. We did not eat here except for the breakfast so I can't speak to the lunches or dinners. They do have a new place open in front of the Inn for lobster at $16 each. We went across the bay to Boothbay Lobster Wharf to get lobster and wish we had not. Their prices where almost doubled to Fisherman's Wharf but we opted to go there so we could eat on the water so you pay for that. We didn't really want to eat our lobster looking at people and cars going in front of use. But with poor services at Boothbay Lobster Wharf we probably will eat our lobster at Fisherman's next time. (see my review on Boothbay Lobster Wharf for more details) We will stay at Fisherman's wharf again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great place. Been to Booth Bay 3 times. Ocean (bay) view in any room. People very nice also restaurant reasonable. If they have it get the 2 lobster dinner for $22. Do go ASAP. The people that won't let you cut down a tree in your yard are killing thousands of forest to build there $700,000 homes. The town is being invaded by the same people that tore down 30% of the historic sites in Boston to put up condos. The even have driveway signs like 'world peace' 'love all' yet underneath that they say 'keep out' 'no trespassing'. Unfortunately I won't go back because of the 'people' moving in. They put a sports bar in town and in stead of the ocean you hear 'people' screaming in the streets till 4am. Mainers you let the cancer in and it is destroying your great state.

Room Tip: Just go as soon as you can. Before it is destroyed.
1 Thank Duane H
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just love this Inn, We stayed here on our honeymoon! We keep coming back every 5 years. This June, we were finally able to get the best room in the house! It is all about the view. They still have great staff. Now the breakfast that comes with your room is hot. New meat every day! Its such a great location. We never drive anywhere. You can walk to shop or eat. Very relaxing. We love watching the boats in the water. Highly recommend Fisherman's Wharf Inn. And we will be returning again!!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a great view of the water, then write that number down and confirm...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Unknown
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room smells like a nursing home! Even the fresh air from the harbor can't compensate for this smell!! Bring febreeze or a plug in! The bathroom and towels are clean but it just plain stinks. To make it better we had to spray hairspray. The hallway is pretty gross too.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank 617BB
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I had a fantastic time at Fisherman's Wharf during Windjammer Days! The location is perfect with panoramic views of the harbor, the rooms very comfortable and well-appointed, and the staff goes out of their way to be friendly, helpful and efficient. Loved it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank hhsun05
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Where do I start? To say it needs updating would be a gross understatement. Speaking of gross, bugs in the tub, last guests dirty towels left in stairway and smelled like urine 3 stairs up. I can tell you that it has a direct view to the east as there was no curtain on the sliding door, just a set of vertical blinds that were missing several slats and let the sun shine in at @5am. The beds had less give than the squeaky floor and the furniture would not even get an offer at a yard sale. I could go on but I think you get the idea. I will say that it is in a convenient spot with valet parking but Boothbay is small enough that pretty much anywhere is close to the waterfront. The view at breakfast was great but the food was, as our daughters put it, a little better than the stuff at college. It was a huge disappointment.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 257
3 Thank Jeff C
FrontDeskManager_FWI, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn. Your comments will help us a create a more positive guest experience. I am truly sorry that your experience failed to meet your expectations. The lack of cleanliness is unacceptable, and steps have been taken to ensure that it will not happen again. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the central location and spectacular view, and truly wish that your stay would have more pleasant. My apologies, and I wish the best to you and your family. Please travel safely and often.

Warmest Regards
Alan P Baldwin
Gorham, Maine
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were very disappointed in the front desk staff and over all quality of the hotel. We paid for a full harbor view room during the Wind Jammer days. That is not what we received, when we asked why we were told that the employee that booked our reservation (3 months in advance) was no longer employed there. No refund or reduced rate was offered. We were basically laughed at by front desk staff. My family and I are very disappointed, it was a very sentimental vacation for us.
Overall quality of the rooms is fair. yes they were clean but in serious need of updating. Hallways were sketchy.
Location is wonderful, I will give them that but we will not be returning. many other places to stay.

1 Thank dmallory04270
Please accept my apologies for the confusion with your reservation that resulted in a less than satisfactory experience with us. Though the room that you stay in is considered a full harbor view, its location should have been described more sufficiently by the staff during the booking process. A majority of our rooms are booked over a year in advance by people who have stayed with us many years in a row, so unfortunately, even when you booked, the room that you expected would not have been available; this should have been explained completely to you as well. I am glad to hear that your room was clean.Again, my apologies that your stay failed to meet your expectations, and I truly wish you safe and fruitful travels in the future.

Warmest Regards