“best haddock sandwich!”

Fisherman's Wharf Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We all got the fresh haddock sanwich and they were delicious! Crave worthy! Yummy! And you can't beat the view, we sat outside and watched the bay! Our server was very good and our food came out quickly!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Fisherman's Wharf Inn

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed in the N/S Two Queen Suite Harbor View room # 349. The room was very large and comfortable, and included a separate room with a sofa bed. Both rooms had large windows and the balcony outside was large as well. The view cannot be beat. There is a Keurig coffee maker in the room. The bathroom was large as well and plenty of towels and cups were provided.

Some parts of the room showed their age but everything worked and our stay couldn't have been better. The desk employees and valet/parking attendants were always friendly and helpful as well, willing to help with whatever was asked.

The location of this motel is great. It is right in the heart of the town. You have to check out the ice cream factory just a short walk away.

The only imperfect thing was the breakfast buffet that was included. The selection was adequate but limited. The few servers were having a hard time keeping the food and dishware stocked.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn on a Friday and Saturday night for a wedding. It's right in downtown Boothbay Harbor which is very quintessential Maine, and there isn't a room without a view! The Inn is right on the ocean so all of the rooms have a view of the ocean. The rooms were clean (a little dated but that didn't make a difference to us) and each has a balcony. The restaurant where the reception was has an excellent view of the harbor and the food was very good. The only downside of our stay was our room was facing Herringbones bar which blares music until 1am, so if you're not having a night out that can get rather annoying. You could always ask for a room that faces the other side. Overall it was a great stay and we will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face Herringbones bar are quieter
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Every room has a view of the Harbor. My room was in the "annex" which is creative use of a former boat house, I think. The room wasn't overly clean and smelled faintly of former pet occupants. The annex is near bars and was noisy until 1 a.m. on weekend nights. others in my party had a few noise issues too. HOWEVER, the staff is friendly and accommodating. The Breakfast buffet of eggs potatoes, sausage or ham, breads, cereal, fruits, pancakes & waffles, comes with the room. The valet parking staff is kept busy shuffling cars, but they do so quickly and happily.

Room Tip: Ask for the main lodge and the west side. Busiest bars are to the east. All quiets down after 1 a.m...
Reviewed 1 August 2014

In 5 consecutive nights during July 2014, I spent time in a Scotland hotel, England hotel, my Orlando home, my parents Maine home and at my favorite new spot, the Fisherman's Wharf. My view of the harbor in room 223 was to die for. So pretty that I set up a time lapse with my camera. The front desk staff, valet personnel and restaurant staff were friendly and went above and beyond.

Room Tip: The best rooms are 221 - 223 - 225 - 227. They overlook the entire harbor! And 221 and 227 I believ...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn on a Saturday evening after attending a summer wedding that was held in the Inn. Our room was clean, though very dated (wood panelling, robin's egg blue bathroom, 19" tube tv). We really enjoyed the balcony off our room and the absolutely spectacular views. The bed had probably the firmest mattress I've ever slept on and two of the lights in our room didn't work. It was also rather impossible to find an open outlet to charge our phones - we ended up having to unplug the hairdryer in the bathroom. Also, the doors are still lock-and-key with a deadbolt on the inside. My husband had to lift the door up about a half inch and lean into it to get the deadbolt to work. The front desk staff seemed confused with two sets of wedding guests staying at the Inn, but they were very friendly and tried their best to make our visit pleasant. The valet parking was much appreciated as there is very little room for cars at the Inn. However, the valet staff seemed very confused - one valet tried to escort us to our room while we carried our own luggage and another tried three times before he found the right car keys when it was time to go. The reception for the wedding was catered by restaurant, and the food was EXCELLENT. We would definitely go back to the Inn just to eat there again. In terms of location, the Inn is perfectly situated. The views are stunning and there's tons of shops, restaurants, and attractions just outside the front door. The Red Cup coffeehouse just across the street is not to be missed. If you're not looking for nightlife noises, make sure you ask for a room NOT facing the Herringbone bar - we were out enjoying the evening so the bar didn't bother us, but it could get very loud. Overall, we had a pretty good stay - considering the location (downtown Boothbay) we happily lived with some of the minor inconveniences and could understand the price of the room.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Herringbone bar could be quite loud at night.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here after falling in love with Booth Bay Harbor and wanted to stay longer. This was a great place to stay with lovely views if the harbor from the room and the dining area. The breakfast buffet was one of the best. But we decided to get lunch here and the service was slow... Very slow. It took about two hours for the meal and even though the food was delicious. I would rather not be wasting my time waiting on getting the check. If you have plenary of time to sit down and eat food, this is the spot. I got the Fisherman's Berry Salad and it was spectacular. Every aspect was balanced and I would order it again. It is a wonderful spot and great for those who love the relaxed vibe.

Stayed: July 2014
#1 of 3 in Southport
Boothbay Harbor Inn
Boothbay Harbor Inn
#8 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor

Been to Fisherman's Wharf Inn? Share your experiences!