We went to check in after 7:30 pm and front desk clerk had already left for the night. Someone else waited on me and she gave me vouchers for breakfast but wasn't sure we'd be able to have breakfast due to the bus tour people who were also staying at the hotel. Bus tours evidentally take more precidence over other travelers. She demanded our keys even though we were parked out of everyone's way (we even showed her where the car was parked as the valets had also gone home.) The restaurant was already closed and she said someone should have told me that when I made reservations. The hallway leading to rooms 343 & 344 was something out of The God Father movies... a definite mildew smell throughout the halls and rooms. The furniture was totally outdated, the bathroom toilet seats were up and used prior to our arrival. There was dirt in the shower, the bed in room 344 was on a slant... need I say more. The best thing about this hotel was them refunding my 2 nights stay without any hassel. We stayed at the Tugboat Inn... the rooms there were fantastic. For $167.00 a night, I was totally disappointed and will never recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Boothbay Harbor, the Fisherman's Wharf Inn has been a Maine summer tradition since 1946. We offer 54 guest rooms with harbor views, exquisite waterfront dining, and a central location convenient to all the harbor's shopping, dining and excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fisherman's Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Fisherman's Wharf Inn Boothbay Harbor, Maine