“Great Food and Awesome Innkeeper”
Review of The Thistle Inn

The Thistle Inn
Ranked #13 of 15 Boothbay Harbor B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs
“Great Food and Awesome Innkeeper”
Reviewed 31 October 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 2 days. The innkeeper/bartender/cook Anya was absolutely awesome and might be one of the hardest working people I have met. The restaurant was fantastic, there was a nice (and crowded) happy hour daily in the pub, and the breakfast each morning was superb. I was even surprised to at the vast content from DirectTV in my room.

If I had any small knock, it is that the bathrooms are not all the same size and the American Eagle bathroom is exceptionally small. I would stay in the Sherman Zwicker room instead.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rocky_Mntn_High

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Great bed and breakfast in boothbay. My fiancee and I were in town scouting locations for our friends and family to stay when we marry next labor day. Thistle Inn was not only a quality inn with up to date amenities, it was conveniently located in the heart of town. Now, you do NOT get a view of the harbor from here, but it's well worth it. The inn keeper was great. She was very attentive, but gave us our space at the same time. The room was nice, clean and classy. I've stayed at a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels and this place adds the same kind of quality in furnishing and comfort. Of course, its not the Four Seasons, but it is a nice place and I can only speak for the room in which we stayed. We stayed in the American Eagle room. Great sleigh bed, very nice leather club chair and a small desk. They could update the tv to a flat screen and I would've liked a nightstand, other than that, it was great.

The breakfast was wonderful. Afterwards, the inn keeper showed us around the restaurant which had a very cool feel and a nice, upscale wine list (i love wine).

One downside...there was no real common area where you could unwind in front of a fire with a glass of wine or coffee.

All in all, a great stay, highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fjsuarez
Como
Reviewed 6 October 2009

we spent 3 days in this wonderful hotel, the room large, clean, bright, one of the best that I have stayed. Perfect location for trips in the area, the town center is within walking distance. There is no elevator and stairs are a bit tight if you have mobility problems I suggest you ask for rooms on the ground floor.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ciuffy
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 September 2009

We happened by this place on our way back to NJ from UMaine drop off, and stopped in to eat. We stayed overnight in the Inn. Fantastic food for dinner and breakfast. Anya the innkeeper is delightful and very accommodating. The room had the charm of a 1800's Sea Captain's home, but with all the current-day comforts. We'll definitely be back!

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mamabirdNewJersey
Missouri
Reviewed 1 August 2009

We had a great time at The Thistle Inn. Our room was big and so comfortable. We loved the pub and the restaurant. It was a great experience.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Maine, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Thistle Inn in Boothbay Harbor for two nights during our annual fall getaway. We have stayed at many inns and the price of the Thistle Inn was well below other prices we had paid, so we were unsure of the quality of the inn. Needless to say, it exceeded our expectations. My boyfriend thought the room, The Sherman Zwicker, was one of the nicest he has ever been in. The room was large, comfortable and airy. The bathroom appeared brand new and was very large and comfortable. The inn is also within walking distance of everything downtown. The reviews of this inn are lower than others because the breakfast is served more continental syle, but the host accomodated us and served an earlier meal than usual as we were taking the early ferry to Monhegan Island. And the breakfast more than satisfied us, with plenty of fruit, cereal and bakery items to choose from. We didn't have dinner at the inn, but we did stop in the pub which was very warm and welcoming. We thought this inn was great and Boothbay Harbor is a must see if you are spending any extended time in Maine.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mjbeckett
oregon
Reviewed 16 August 2008

We did not stay at the Inn, but we did have the chance to dine there for dinner.
We both ordered from the dining room menu.
My girlfriend had a surf and turf special. She wanted to have the saffron rice instead of potatoes, and fresh beans instead of the asparagus. She also asked for her sauces on the side.
The server was great and the kitchen prepared her meal just as she had asked. The presentation was great and she loved everything about it.
I had a steak that was cooked perfectly and the sides that came with it were outstanding.
I also had the individual blueberry pie that was baked to order and it was so, so good.
My girlfriends raspberry creme brulee was also flawless.
We just enjoyed our dinner very, very much and we would reccomend it to those who happen to be in the area.

• Liked — Very professional service and the kitchen's flexibility and culinary skills.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple