“Interesting, and worthwhile”
Review of Crust

Crust
Reviewed 2 August 2016

So, this place is definitely an acquired taste, that being said, don't listen to the bad reviews. It focuses on good quality, local, and organic ingredients, which is important to me, if it's not to you, then this place might not be for you, but still worth the try. It was very easy to find, literally right off the main drag on your way down to the harbor, and very recognizable. The two people running it were very polite and helpful, the service was quick and easy, and they even take credit cards, which was awesome. I tried two pizzas, one was the blueberry, goat cheese, chicken sausage (to which I added bacon as an additional topping), and the other was plain old pepperoni. The blueberry one was AMAZING, I loved it. The blueberries were not too strong, just the right amount of flavor, with just a little sweetness, the goat cheese was like a creamy sharp ricotta, the chicken sausage was perfectly seasoned with just a little fennel, and the bacon, well, it it was bacon. Bacon is awesome. Perfect balance of sweet and savory, I gobbled it down. The pepperoni was actually a little disappointing, a bit over seasoned, very oregano-y, but perfectly edible. The prices are not cheap, I've paid more at places like Franny's in NYC though for the same size and quality (10"). Overall it was a great experience and I recommend it highly and will be going back.

Reviewed 4 March 2016

During the course of Summer 2015 we had their pizza several and were never disappointed. It's a little expensive but all ingredients are fresh and the toppings are a bit different than you would normally expect. Try it. You'll like it.

Reviewed 30 August 2015

Absolutely the best! Five star all around.. We had the blueberry, goat cheese and chicken sausage pizza & a plain old cheese with chicken sausage. Everything was the freshest ingredients, made by the nicest people. You could tell that they truly love what they do! An awesome set-up with a mobile wood fired oven and everything else they could possibly need to make an amazing pizza. Do NOT pass this place by when you come to Boothbay!!!

1  Thank J W
Reviewed 10 August 2015

We had heard about Crust from some travel guides but were unable to find specifics about the hours and on our first try to drive to their temp location we found that they were not there on that day. A few days later we saw them in place and decided to try it out that evening. Pizzas are made for you on the spot from the selections offered on that day. Everything is done by hand and crafted with care. There are a few picnic tables that you can eat at or a number of customers we saw ordered to go. Pizzas was perfectly done and very tasty. Owners were very friendly.

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Only open Thursday - Monday, this roadside pizza stand is worth the stop if it's open when you drive by. With fresh, organic ingredients oven fired, it was some of the best pizza I've had. I had the bacon and broccoli - it was fantastic!