“Loved the visit!”
Review of Atlantic Ark Inn

Atlantic Ark Inn
Reviewed 1 July 2008

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!! Room was very nice, clean and a great view of the harbor. Donna was a great host and tried very hard to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. There are lots of places to relax and read. I loved the simple elegant decor. My 13 year daughter and I enjoyed our visit tremendously and I would recommend a day trip to Squirrel Island as well. You can take a ferry from the harbor.

• Stayed: June 2008

Reviewed 30 June 2008

My wife and I have been staying at inns for over thirty years. Some of the inns were elegant, some served dinner, a few were very expensive, others more affordable. They were all unique in their own way - which is why we usually choose an inn over a motel - but none equalled the hospitality and genuine concern for guests of Donna Piggott - the innkeeper of the Atlantic Ark Inn. We have visited the Inn three times, and stayed in three different rooms. Each room was tastfully decorated, well appointed, quiet, and immaculate. Some of the rooms offered spectacular views of the harbor. The Inn's daily rate includes a full breakfast and afternoon snacks. We enjoyed both very much. Upon leaving, Donna made a point of coming outside to take our picture, give each of us a hug, and wish us farewell. Donna treated my wife and I like family members. The Atlantic Ark Inn is clearly a very special place. As we drove away, we felt like we were leaving not just a place to stay - but home. If you are looking for more than just a place to rest your head for the night, treat yourself to Donna's hospitality at the Atlantic Ark Inn overlooking Boothbay Harbor.

Reviewed 27 June 2008

We stayed at the Atlantic Ark Inn on our honeymoon, we even stayed in the honeymoon suite. This place is FANTASTIC !!
I had never stayed in a B & B before, and I am so glad that my wife had chosen this one. Donna the inn-keeper is just wonderful. She really makes you feel very comfortable during your stay, she makes you feel like you are a part of the family.
The breakfast that she makes each day is truly a wonderful surprise, and tastes as good as it looks. The room that we stayed in had a beautiful view of the harbor from the bed and the deck. It also has a large private bath with a very nice jacuzzi tub, and everything else you might need. All the shops in boothbay are just a short walk away, and a beautiful walk as well.
This is a place that my wife and I will make as the place to celebrate our anniversary each year from here on out. I would give it 5 stars out of five!!

Chris M. Knack
Elizabeth, Colorado

Reviewed 20 June 2008

This year was our 4th consecutive year staying at the Atlantic Ark Inn - so obviously we are very happy there. The setting is perfect, just out of the busy downtown but the short and scenic walk over the footbridge is easy and fun. Donna is a wonderful hostess, warm and welcoming and concerned about her guests' comfort and needs. The breakfasts are creative, healthy and delicious. We've stayed in 3 of the rooms and find something special about each. Bliss is a truly unique and romantic room for a special occasion.

Reviewed 15 June 2008

My wife and I wanted to find a B&B to get away for a week as we celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. We are so pleased that we stayed at the Atlantic Ark Inn. The Inn itself is beautiful and we stayed in the Bliss room for an entire week. The accommodations were very well kept and the Bliss room was comfortable and spaceous. To us what really made the Inn special was its Innkeeper - Donna. She was a woderful hostess and a kind and gentle spirit. We enjoyed both the food and the conversations. We will definitely look to stay there again for a getaway weekend.

Reviewed 26 May 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights, just at the beginning of the tourist season. Among other things, we were very happy with the location. The B&B is a short walk (about a block) to the footbridge that leads you into the main part of town, so it is far enough away from the crowds, but close enough to walk. Donna, the innkeeper, made us feel very at home, welcoming us to come to the kitchen for coffee first thing in the morning, sit on the porch with our wine in the afternoon and even packing us muffins to take with us for the drive (we checked out before breakfast).
We stayed in the Lightness room. Our room was very clean and very comfortable. It is impossible NOT to relax while staying here. Just what we needed!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2008

The Atlantic Ark offered a unique night that leaves us anxious to come back and spend more time here. As soon as we arrived, we had found a genuine Bed and Breakfast experience that we can't wait to share with others.

Donna, the Innkeeper, offered a tour of the quaint Inn that featured a large common space, dinning room, beautiful porch, and (best of all) our room. We spent the night in the 'Beauty' room and want a few more nights there even as we leave. The ammenities, sheets, clean walls, and fresh flowers were a welcome sight to our eyes.

We are in the midst of a week long road trip tour of New England comming out of Pennsylvania. Seeing the Atlantic Ark, talking to Donna, and climbing into that bed made our stay in Boothbay a night to remember for a long time to come.

The bed...the bed. So comfortable and so welcome to our bodies after 'roughing' it in Conn, Mass, and Maine (in Acadia -- beautiful as well if you havn't been). The room was quite and so much apprieciated and enjoyed.

Waking up offered an another amazing view of the bay. I grabbed a cup of apple juice (offered up on the previous days tour by Donna) and sat on the porch. I enjoyed the view from there and took in the sights, smells and sound of an early morning (and off season) fishermens town. As I sit and type this on the Inns wireless internet, I look forward to coming back, talking with Donna, and enjoying Boothbay in the years to come.

I can't praise Donna, the Innkeeper, enough. She made every attempt to make our stay in Boothbay that much more special. Talking with her about her life, her goals, our goals, and dreams...I will certianly cherish our morning conversation here at the Atlantic Ark Inn in beautiful Boothbay Harbor.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple