“Very Impressed”

Harborage Inn on the Oceanfront
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband and I have stayed in many Bed and Breakfast Inns and we were thoroughly impressed by our stay at the Harborage Inn. The attention to detail and the comfortable, homey environment made us feel very welcome. From the refrigerator to keep cold drinks (and wine!) to the beautiful tea service, sitting areas, friendliness and attention from the staff made our stay there a top rate experience, one which we will definitely repeat. Doug made us feel very welcome when we checked in and guided us to the best places to visit and the best resturants. Dawn made sure we had everything we needed and the breakfasts were delicious every day we were there. I would highly recommend a stay there and the Boothbay area is just beautiful and very relaxing.

1  Thank Abbe D

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We were so very pleased with all of the 'extras' that keep this B&B a very pleasant memory of our trip to Boothbay Harbor. Our desire to stay an extra night required a transition to another room which was made in a very seamless way. Each room was comfortable; the first was one of the highest rates, and the second was a typical B&B room, the only comparison was the noticeable size of the bathroom. Adequate, but having stayed in the first one, quite a difference. We would surely stay there again if our travels took us there. The innkeeper, Dawn, is someone I feel is a person that is someone that I am honored to have met. She will make you feel like family! And let us not forget to mention the breakfast that is served on the porch.....wonderful!

1  Thank NONNIENy
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was an excellent place to stay in Booth Bay. The place was beautiful. The staff were very friendly and helpful, made us feel at home. They had great suggestions for things to do while we were there. Very comfortable rooms, great location, views. And, the breakfasts were amazing! Fresh fruit, blueberry turnovers, pecan sticky buns. Would definitely stay here again! Dawn was very helpful and because of her we got very special treatment at a restaurant in town.

1  Thank lindyg79
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have been to many Bed and Breakfasts but never have I been so pleasantly surprised!!! From pulling into the private driveway, the amazing flowers and cleanliness of the Inn, the initial greeting from the Innkeeper, the spectacular gourmet homemade breakfasts, the beautiful rooms (all with private entrances, bathrooms, refrigerators, keurig coffee maker, tea kettles, crystal glasses, wine buckets... they have thought of everything) with so many great little touches that were just perfect. And so super CLEAN, it was just simply perfect! The Innkeeper, Dawn was warm and friendly from the moment she met us, she went above and beyond to make our stay even more perfect, what a great asset to the Harborage Inn.. The owners, Emery & Troy are wonderful, made a point to introduce themselves and make sure we were happy! I have and will continue to recommend the Harborage Inn to all my friends and family! Thank you Dawn, Emery and Troy for an unforgettable vacation!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

This was my first time visiting a Bed and Breakfast and I was blown away. My room was cozy, very clean and the Bed was so comfortable. They even left chocolates on the pillows at night! I felt right at home and really enjoyed having my own private entrance, so I could socialize when I wanted to but wasn't forced into it. Having the hot tub right on the water was a perfect way to end the day looking over the beautiful sunset view. But the views and accommodations weren't the only great part of my stay. The breakfast I was served was beyond delicious i couldn't believe everything was homemade, I felt spoiled in every sense of the word. The innkeeper and owners were so friendly and professional they really made my stay memorable. I highly recommend the Harborage Inn as a great destination to sit back, relax and take a step back from the hustle and bustle of every day life.

Room Tip: I had stayed in one of the smaller rooms for my first visit, which was very clean and comfortable bu...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2012

From the moment my wife and I arrived we knew we made the right choice. We did extensive research on B&B's and Inns prior to choosing the Harborage. As we all know when reading the reviews of many people there will always be those who cannot be pleased. We always take those factors into account while performing our reviews. The Harborage had so many excellent reviews we felt it was the right choice, and we were not disappointed. What amazed us was that they vacuumed our room every day while performing the housekeeping duties.
Now lets talk about the breakfast, included with the cost. They were simply amazing! They had wonderful healthy fresh choices of fruit, yogurt, and granola as well as fantastic home made foods. Our mouths watered every morning as we smelled the incredible foods cooking in the kitchen. My wife and I made it a point to check out the breakfast menu anticipating the feast the next morning.
Aside from the grounds, which were meticulously maintained, Emery and Dawn provided us so many great recommendations of thing to do while at Booth Bay. They even got us discounts on some of the excursions.
In summary the Harborage Inn was fabulous!!!!! I would and already have recommended it to family and friends, something I typically don't do. My wife and I highly recommend the Harborage.

Room Tip: Room 5 on the third floor is the one we chose. It is a long large room nicely laid out and beautiful...
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My Sweetheart and I stayed at your Inn for a summer getaway en route to Mt. Katahdin area.
We loved the breakfasts, the knowledgeable and friendly greeting from staff, and the proximity to the shops and restaurants of Boothbay. Aside from a noisy AC unit which was promptly attended to by staff, we truly enjoyed our room and the deck as well as the outdoor hottub. The deck was a shared one, so privacy was somewhat limited. The view is on the edge of the bay, so when tide runs out you have a view of the muck rather than the water but if one chooses to walk and shop and await the tide's return, this is not an issue. :)

Room Tip: Number 8 would be the one to grab if it is available!
1  Thank gypsy090