Harborage Inn on the Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fisherman's Wharf Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Seagate Motel(Boothbay Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
Boothbay Harbor Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Mid-Town Motel(Boothbay Harbor)
Topside Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Tugboat Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Flagship Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
View Hotel
Brown's Wharf Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
View Hotel
All reviewshoneymoon suiteb btea sethigh tidekeurig coffee makerwithin walking distancethird floorhelpful with suggestionstop floorevery morningbreakfasts were greatstayed nightsbed and breakfastrooms are comfortablein townperfect staycorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We reserved room 8, the one you see in the photo, corner room, top floor, blue comforter, for a week in mid- June. The location is very nice, breakfast was very good, served on the porch and it was cool sitting on the porch. Yes, we could have walked down the stairs, picked up breakfast, taken it to our room to eat and there was the dilemma..no where to eat in our room. The room, at that time advertised as 500 sq. ft., (it is just under 294 sq. ft. including the closet and restroom...I measured) was small and not condusive to enjoying meals there. The round table in the room was the only place to put things. We had no bed side tables as there was no room for them. We felt very cramped and at a premium price.

The breakfasts were good, the staff was gracious and willing to help in any way. The inn and grounds were spotless. They shared recipes, told us local places to eat and Troy was very helpful with local suggestions and information.

All suitcases had to lay on the floor. There was a closet to hang clothes. The bathroom was large enough but there was not enough room for my hairdryer, makeup, toiletries, etc. I removed their stuff from the small table, placed my things there and on the floor. SO, our suitcases were all over the bedroom floor and the bathroom floor had our toiletries in that floor.

Would I stay again...yes..would I get room 8..no. The view was nice, but comfort was missing. Other rooms might have been more comfortable had we had a place to put things. There were not enough drawers to unpack. We flew, so there was not a lot of luggage and clothes.

When I mentioned the small quarters, Troy's wife said she would move us immediately to room 5. I was told indeed room 8 WAS 500 sq ft...all of this in front of other guests on the porch breakfast seating...(my bedroom at home is 400 sq. ft. so I knew what 500sq ft should look like and selected room 8 due to the THEN advertised size.. Also, she informed me that her husband had the plans and the room was indeed 500 sq ft..) The owners wife told me perhaps we were hotel, not B&B prople. I think she was upset that I had mentioned the size of the room. We did not move to another room. We had paid for the more costly room, 8. While we were there, the website was changed and the misinformation on room 8 and others was changed.

Maine was beautiful during our trip. Check in and check out was easy. I just wish the info on the website at the time we made reservations had been correct. We travel 6-8 weeks a year and stay in B&B, condos, cabins and hotels. Compared to other B&Bs, breakfast, location of inn, views and staff were very good. Room size and convenience therein was a bit of a disappointment.

Room Tip: Be sure you know what you need in room size. It was difficult for me to get in the floor to get things from my suitcase. The corners have good views. You are far up the bay and tides come and go. No problem to us, but you will have a view of mud half of the time, depending on your stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Deb F
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I travel to Boothbay Harbor every fall. We have stayed at almost every inn over the past 25 years but not one of them tops the Harborage Inn! The owners are friendly and knowledgable about the area. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable. All ammenities you would need are included. The outside seating on the deck offers beautiful views of the harbor and grounds. I cannot say enough about the breakfast! Each morning offered a different, freshly handmade entree with a variety of juice, coffee, tea,fruit, breads, yougart and granla to complement.The location is perfect, just walking distance up the street from the shops, restaurants, and docks. We are already looking forward to our return!

Room Tip: Go online and look at the rooms. There isn't a bad room in the Inn. They are exactly what you will get! Also call the Inn. Troy was very helpful when we couldnt get in to the room we usaually stay in. He made a suggestion for a room that he said was very similar and he was right!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MAVinMaine
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had a great time. Beautiful spot and very convenient to down town. We stayed in 2 different rooms but both were decorated tastefully in Laura Ashley design. Beds were awesome and I loved the bathrobes that were supplied with the room. Breakfast was outstanding, all made from scratch with local, fresh ingredients. It was our first visit to Booth Bay Harbor but not our last. We will stay here again, loved it!

Room Tip: Honeymoon sweet had a great view...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kimberly O
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Harborage Inn from Oct 11-14, 2013 with 2 other couples to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary! I am going to be doing my review in sections as I think it will be easier for people to read.

Check In

We arrived at the Harborage around 1.30PM after a 7 hour trip up from NYC. There is a parking lot right on site in the back of the house with ample parking for everyone. We went into the office and were greeted by Troy Chapman, one of the owners of the Inn, who is a pleasure to deal with. When making my reservations he was extremely helpful and very efficient. Check in went quite smoothly. Troy then proceeded to show us a map of Boothbay Harbor with all the different sites and restaurants in the town. Harborage is very conveniently located to the center of everything. The Inn is located just a few blocks from the piers and all the restaurants and shops. If you are going into the center of town, you do not need to take your car.

The Room

Troy then proceeded to show us all to our rooms. My husband and I had Room #8 and our friends had rooms #7 and #6 which are all next to each other, located on the 3rd floor. We had a corner room with a most amazing view!! I felt like I was looking at a postcard as you can see from my pictures. The room looks exactly like it does on the website and in the brochure. The furnishings were really lovely. There was a king size bed, flat screen TV with DirectTV and HBO. Located in the room are two dressers, a table with 2 chairs that has lovely vase and a tea set on it with different teas for your drinking pleasure. There is also an ice bucket and 2 wine glasses. You will also find a 2 door fridge/freezer with ice cube trays and ample room to store any food and/or drinks that you may bring with you. The room is equipped with a Keurig Coffee Maker with little individual coffee pods. My husband would have a cup of coffee every morning and I would have tea. A window air conditioner unit, ceiling fan with light and central heating are also in the room.

If you are a clean freak, then this Inn is for you, as you will not find one speck of dust at The Harborage! The room is spotless and so are the grounds and common areas.

The bathroom is well appointed and quite large. You will find a large sink and vanity with a big mirror, a small table where you can keep your toiletries on and a shower/tub combination. There are also Gilchrist and Soames shampoo, conditioner and body lotion for your convenience. What I thought was an excellent touch was the addition of a black makeup face towel so the ladies can take off our mascara without making a white towel black!! I'm sure this was Emery's idea! Thanks!! :) They also give you a makeup remover towelette as well.

The housekeeping staff will make up your room every day with fresh towels and tidy up the room, so when you return in the afternoon it will look like you are arriving for the first time. They do a fabulous job!

There are no inside hallways at this property or elevators so if you have trouble walking up steps, you should choose a first floor room as there are only about 3 steps from the front of the Inn. There are also about 2500 square feet of covered porches with little tables and chairs. Our room had a reserved space in front just for our usage but we took over 4 more chairs so the 6 of us could sit out there together. We would have drinks on the deck in the evening and it was just lovely looking out at Boothbay Harbor.

The Property

The property around the Inn is kept very well and in the back down by the harbor there is a large hot tub. You just have to let Troy know in advance so he can heat it up for you as it takes a few hours to get fully hot. I didn’t go in the tub, but my husband and 2 of our friends did and they said it was great. There are also tables and chairs on the lawn for you to sit out and enjoy the view of the harbor as well as a dock with a float.

Breakfast

If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day, then you are in for a real treat!! Breakfast is a big deal at the Inn and is made by Emery Chapman, Troy’s lovely wife! You will have the choice of having breakfast out on the porch, in the breakfast room or you can take a tray back up to your room, if you would want a private breakfast. Served buffet style are the coffee, juices (orange and grapefruit), oatmeal, granola, different flavor yogurts and homemade bread or croissants made fresh by Emery. Every day Emery alternates between a sweet or savory dish which will be served to you. The three main dishes that we had are French Puffed Pastry with Black Forest Ham and Swiss, Quiche with Caramelized Onions and Asiago Cheese and Blueberry Crème Brulee French Toast with Vanilla Infused Whipped Cream. All amazingly delicious!

If you are hungry after a long afternoon of sightseeing or shopping, outside of the breakfast room there are fresh apples and delicious local apple cider to enjoy!

We all had a wonderful stay at Harborage Inn! Emery and Troy thank you so much for making our time there so enjoyable!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, but if you want an amazing view of the harbor, take room #8 on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandi149
Reviewed 17 October 2013

What can I say....I had researched Boothbay Harbor for months before calling the Harborage and talking to Troy. He gave me honest, accurate details of the rooms I was considering for a mother/daughter vacation and he was right on target for our needs. Room #12 was spotless and beautiful. We had our private balcony overlooking the harbor, a windowed sitting area looking out to the harbor with love seat, TV, electric fireplace and all other amenities you could want. My daughter took the private bedroom while I took the double bed tucked neatly in the other room. We could walk a few steps in the morning and breakfast was ready for us. A couple of days Emory, the best cook and Innkeeper's wife in Boothbay, brought breakfast to our room. The food was delicious, the coffee and juices fresh. The best apple cider was ready for us in the afternoon. Troy and Emory are a delightful young couple who truly know how to take care of their guests. Do not miss out on this Inn while you are visiting Boothbay.

Room Tip: Call Troy and he will help you decide the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family