I have been to Boothbay Harbor for over 20 years. For the past four years my wife and I have stayed at the Atlantic Arc Inn, the Footbridge Inn, the Greenleaf Inn, and the Harborage Inn, which was this year, June 2002. Staying at the Harborage was the worst B&B experience we have ever had - anywhere. Although the Inn itself is nice and has views from the end of the harbor, the service and atmoshere was below average. Noise is a major issue, especially for rooms near the street. We were woken up one day at 5:50am by the sounds of people cleaning up the streets with portable leaf blowers. We went to talk to the Innkeeper at 6:30am to see what they could do and were told that WE could call the town if we wanted. Later that day, we were told by the Innkeeper that she "did us a favor and called the town" and there was nothing that could be done. She followed by telling us that we woke her up and she was pretty rude about it. Last I checked, when you stay at a B&B or Inn, you are PAYING for a service and don't expect to get woken up before 6am. Next day, same thing in the am. Also, if you like to be cool when you sleep, expect to be very hot at the Harborage. There is no A/C in any of the rooms and very little breeze makes it into any of them. The wrap around porch is nice, but allows anyone to walk by and look in so it's hard to keep the windows open w/out also having the shades drawn. If you want ICE, good luck getting more than a few cubes from a tray that you need to ask for each day. And when I had asked if I could put a bag of ice that I bought in the Inn's freezer, I was told "there isn't any room." As for breakfast, there is supposed to be a continental one which is serve yourself. Well, 2 of the 3 days we were there, there was nothing when we went down a little before 8am and if there was something after it was totally gone by 9:15am when we looked again. With all the places to stay in Boothbay,
I can't see why anyone would throw away their money on the Harborage. Of the places we have stayed in the last four years, ranked best to worst, they are: (1) Greenleaf Inn; (2) Footbridge Inn; (3) Atlantic Arc Inn; (4) Harborage. The first 3 are all in a category far above the Harborage, it isn't even close.
HARBORAGE HIGH POINTS:
(1) Inn was clean
(2) 1 innkeeper was nice (Troy). The Inn has been in his family for 30 yrs.
(3) Good parking, can accomodate larger SUV-type vehicles
(4) Walking distance to town center/shops/Piers
HARBORAGE LOW POINTS:
(1) Noisy location
(2) No A/C (rooms hot)
(3) 1 Innkeeper (Emery) was unaccomadating & had a very poor attitude
(4) No Icemaker
(5) Housekeeping maid service keeps bothering you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harborage Inn, completely rebuilt with new construction in 2011, where luxury first class accommodations meet the tranquil peace of the Maine coast. We offer all the modern amenities of a boutique inn with the comfort & charm of a relaxing oceanfront Bed & Breakfast. Our spacious Deluxe Rooms & Oceanfront Suites with panoramic water views of the harbor, oversized bathrooms, and sumptuous gourmet breakfasts are the reason we have welcomed decades of returning guests year after year! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Booking.com so you can book your Harborage Inn on the Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborage Inn On The Oceanfront Boothbay Harbor, Maine