“A great place for breakfast!”

Mama D's Cafe Mercantile
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A great place for breakfast!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We like Mamma D's for breakfast or brunch. The breakfast food is really good. Lunch is okay. The baked goods are excellent as is the coffee which you get yourself up front. The service is okay, our waitress today was a little scattered and was conserving her words for another occasion, I think. That's pretty typical. No one greets when you enter which makes for an awkward, "Gee, what's the routine here anyway?" first few moments. If all that does not bother you and you really like good breakfast food, overlook it and go to Mamma's. Your second visit will be better because you will know the drill. Also, not credit cards, no biggie if you know in advance and it surely does not seem to have hurt their business any, even in this terribly snowy winter.

• Visited February 2014

Boothbay Harbor, Maine
“just OK”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had a veggie omelet, Vegetables taste like they frozen and throw in the microwave. A good omelet should have sauté veggie and spice up mildly. Prices way to high for something that was not made with care. atmosphere is nice. Would not go there again or suggest my friends to go there.

• Visited December 2013
Lorri D, Owner at Mama D's Cafe Mercantile, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear just ok,
Just read your mama D's review. And honestly was very surprised and sad to see how unhappy you were with my Cafè and our veggie omelett. Yes the veggies are sautéed and are never frozen, never! I would like to invite you back and I'll pick up the check for you and a guest to see if we can make you happy and write a more glowing review. Thank you for the opportunity to correct a wrong.
Lorie, owner.
Augusta, Maine
“Perfect Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Walking into Mama D's is like stepping into your favorite Aunt and Uncle's house. This was the best place we've stumbled upon in a very long time. My husband and I just moved to Maine from the south. We had no idea places in Booth Bay closed for the winter (silly of us, I know). I'm so thankful for the closures, because Noel and Lorie had us feeling like locals. Great recommendations! Our food was AMAZING and the coffee--excellent! I think local musicians play Thursday and Friday nights and Sundays they serve breakfast only--which is so perfect. Do not miss this hidden gem.

• Visited November 2013
Sidney, ME
“It was great until...”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It was a great little bar with a live band until a group of Hells Angels showed up....biker "clubs" are not my scene -- not sure if this is their normal hang out?

Visited October 2013
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Love their breakfast”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This cafe always seems to be busy on weekends, which is when we are usually visiting Boothbay Harbor. Their menu is fun and the coffee is delicious. We got take-out coffee and muffins this visit and found it up to their usual high standard.

Visited September 2013