“Fight back, part 3.”

Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A contemporary country inn with its fair share of history, The Parkers Arms is located just outside of Clitheroe in the prettily sleepy village of Newton in Bowland where, so we���re told ���you can hear the grass grow���. The beautifully traditional whitewashed inn, hung with colourful baskets of flowers and lined with parasol shaded outdoor tables, invites guests in with the promise of glorious regional food and a relaxed but sophisticated atmosphere ��� both of which it delivers in spades. The cuisine is rightfully British, with a few global treats of course, based on local and seasonal ingredients cooked using creativity and imagination as well as a little tradition too (and speaking of tradition we absolutely insist you try the fantastic Sunday roast here at The Parkers Arms). Pints of good local ales are joined by delicious wines from all over the globe, so whether you���re resting after a bracing dog walk or celebrating a special occasion, The Parkers Arms has not only the food but the drink to suit too. Indeed, balancing modern and classic style, informal and efficient service and relaxed and special food, The Parkers Arms appears to have created what could quite easily be the perfect local inn.
Burnley
“Fight back, part 3.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I feel that I've been part of the journey with The Parkers Arms. My wife and I first went in on a cold Saturday in December shortly after it was taken over. We were passing and I knew the place from my childhood. From the minute we met AJ we had a great feeling about the place.

Well, several years on the greeting is still as friendly, and we've seen it grow to what it is today, simply the best place to eat in Lancashire. We probably tried everything on the menu including several exceptional specials and have never been disappointed with anything, although for me, it's difficult to see past the Beef Skirt!

Congratulations on all the awards and tremendous reviews from people who actually know what they are talking about, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Visited May 2014
11 Thank Tom C

Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Consistently high standards”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Reading some of the other reviews of the Parkers Arms makes me wonder if we're all going to the same place. I've been going there for years, for lunches, dinners, special occasions and everyday meals.

I'm always greeted like a long-lost friend; the service is exceptional and any wait time when they are clearly busy is understandable and never too long so as to be problematic.

The locally sourced food means that there is an ever-changing menu, and whilst I do tend to stick to a few tried and tested favourites, I've also experienced some amazing dishes that I wouldn't have tried had I been anywhere else.

The location is stunning, and the atmosphere inside is a beautifully eclectic mix of history and typical British pub.

I might be a little biased having been going there for as long as I have been, but every time I take someone new, they enjoy it just as much as I do. In fact, the last time I introduced some friends to it, they'd booked a second meal before paying for the first. I simply cannot recommend the Parkers Arms highly enough

10 Thank MissCranky
England
“Continuing the fight back”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Trip advisor, it's become a place where the less educated can vent their vitriol about food they don't understand because it's oh so fashionable now isn't it,
Well my wife and I have gone to the parkers for .. Well since the start and beyond, most celebrations are there, we had our wedding reception there. It's better at the parkers than (at the risk of sounding like a ta food expert) many m star places I've visited.
At the parkers the food is superb, the staff kind and genuine and ultimately hard working, talented incredibly special people and if you don't get it, well, your loss

7 Thank ephraimbacup
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Fight back against Tripadvisor”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I'm writing this as a fight back against Tripadvisor misleading reviews from people who either have an axe to grind or are ignorant. This is very high quality homemade imaginative pub food in an informal pub surrounding with friendly pub staff and a talented chef who makes everything beautifully from scratch. We ate here for the second time yesterday and loved it again. This weekend we visited a M* and a M** restaurant and of its class (ie pub food) this is equivalent. Jay Rayner's Observer review sums up why this place is wonderful and people should be coming here in droves. The owners should be rightly proud. The value for money is the best I have experienced and we will return as often as we can.

14 Thank nicky_bramley
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Poor service and off-putting food presentation”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Walked into the pub, but not very easy to get the attention of the proprietor. We ordered pea, ham and mint soup, which finally arrived after quite some time. Whilst the taste was not bad, the floating mass of what looked like grass (mint) and globules of glistening fat on the top was very off-putting, so much so that we left some. Only the proprietor was there to serve and he spent most of the time talking loudly on the phone ordering or talking to some acquaintances. It was difficult to understand how the pub could have just won an award. It would certainly have not been for the service.

Visited June 2014
10 Thank Rosemary B
Parkersarms, Owner at Parkers Arms, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
The barman has to talk to customers at the bar and answer phone calls and take bookings. Two people ordering 2 soups is hardly taxing so I am at a loss as to how many people you expect there to be to serve you. The “grass” is chopped fresh mint and pea shoots and the globules of “fat” are droplets of mint oil. This is how we serve our soup, fresh and seasonal. Why would it be difficult to understand we had won an award? It’s a food award!!! you had 2 bowls of soup served beautifully and you did not even understand shredded mint and mint oil. Yet you will come on a public forum and write a malicious review about us winning an award. Its as if we are being punished for having won an award, sour grapes perhaps???