“Been many times & never disappointed”
Review of Parkers Arms

Parkers Arms
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A contemporary country inn with its fair share of history, The Parkers Arms is located just outside of Clitheroe in the prettily sleepy village of Newton in Bowland where, so we���re told ���you can hear the grass grow���. The beautifully traditional whitewashed inn, hung with colourful baskets of flowers and lined with parasol shaded outdoor tables, invites guests in with the promise of glorious regional food and a relaxed but sophisticated atmosphere ��� both of which it delivers in spades. The cuisine is rightfully British, with a few global treats of course, based on local and seasonal ingredients cooked using creativity and imagination as well as a little tradition too (and speaking of tradition we absolutely insist you try the fantastic Sunday roast here at The Parkers Arms). Pints of good local ales are joined by delicious wines from all over the globe, so whether you���re resting after a bracing dog walk or celebrating a special occasion, The Parkers Arms has not only the food but the drink to suit too. Indeed, balancing modern and classic style, informal and efficient service and relaxed and special food, The Parkers Arms appears to have created what could quite easily be the perfect local inn.
burnley
“Been many times & never disappointed”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

It's been a while but after a walk locally decided to pop in for a drink mid afternoon & ended up trying CJ's "tapas"
Not wanting the usual 3 courses we opted for king prawn salad & a mix of starters all served together with a side order of chunky chips & only empty crockery went back to the kitchen
The monkfish goujon's ! ! i'm sure i could eat my own weight of !!!
With a fantastic backdrop its just a perfect way of spending a couple of hours any Saturday afternoon totally away from everyday life .
Have reviewed before but reading some of the more unkind drivel on here prompted my 2nd post
Looking for fast food ? Don't visit
Looking for 2 for 1 deals? Avoid
Looking for bland predictable pub food menus? Stay away
Looking for background music & kids play areas ? Maybe not for you

But if you want some character , a break from the normal routine food on offer elsewhere plus you actually have some time to relax & enjoy your social time then give it a go .

Thanks all , will return soon

• Visited August 2014
9 Thank andy w

Brighton
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This pub is in a lovely location in the picturesque village of Newton. We got a very friendly welcome, as did our dog. The food is absolutely wonderful, far superior to that at the nearby and much lauded Inn at Whitewell. The Parkers Arms has recently had a very good review from Jay Rayner in the Guardian and I can see why. We shared a starter of mushroom parfait and had a raised pie of grouse for our main course. No room for desserts sadly! My only negative comment would be about a slight lack of ambience. It was a very wet night when we visited so that may have accounted for how quiet it was. A bit of background music might have made it seem a bit livelier. However given the standard of the cooking I can't imagine this pub is often short of customers. Would highly recommend it.

Visited August 2014
7 Thank Carol16
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Quality at affortable prices”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had another wonderful meal at this lovely country village pub, not a gastro pub, but a plain simple country pub that has local product cooked in simple ways but outstanding in quality and presentation at very affordable prices.
Lovely atmosphere with efficient friendly staff and the in season grouse meal was delicious. We also stayed in the room for bed and breakfast at an astounding low price.

• Visited August 2014
6 Thank hclements2016
“Sadly miss led.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have been waiting for an occasion to visit this much acclaimed venue for quite some time now, and I decided that my birthday was just such an event. My wife and I suggested to two of our friends that they should join us on that evening, which, incidentally, was a week night. The first impression, on entering the pub, is that of a Fred Karno's. The barman, who I later learned, is I believe, a family member, was rushing round like a mad thing, appearing to be totally out of his depth. Seemingly this is his way of providing entertainment to the clients. We were not impressed. We has booked the table for 7.30, but arrived at 7.00, quite happy to pass the half hour enjoying a pre dinner drink. However, said barman told us that we were not expected until 7.30 and that we would have to wait before the likelihood of any service. There were, if I recall correctly, just three other tables in use at the time. This number of tables did not change during the night. One of the reasons we went is that we had read an excellent critique by food critic Jay Rayner who had raved about the mushroom parfait so I chose that followed by some fairly tough ox heart. I have given 3 stars as an overall rating as I am not prepared to say that the place was poor, just disappointing in view of its reputation.

• Visited July 2014
10 Thank Oystereater A
Preston, United Kingdom
“A lovely Sunday lunch ”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

A really nice Sunday lunch enjoyed at the Parker Arms. A really friendly atmosphere. The food was very tasty and very good quality

Would have loved a Yorkshire pudding with the roast lamb dinner! But well worth a visit if you are in the area!

5 Thank Jonny S