“No room anywhere else”

Brewer and Village Green Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived here late after coming back from Halifax Nova Scotia and had used bangor as a central base for a week. Unwittingly arrived in middle of a chesney Kenny concert.
Oh my my holy god. I got one of the basement smoking rooms. It was not suitable for my dog. Terrible. The guy in the night in the desk recognised that I was horrified and apologised stating that the local down and outs tend to use the basement as it was closer to hell for them. The smell of alcohol and despair hung in the air. Dirty Stained sheets. Not changed. Smell of sweat appalling. Bed bugs. Slept in my clothes it was that bad. I stank as the smell of emotional poverty and pain permeated my pores. The desperation oozed from the basement. Flickering light on the corridor like some bad movie. Shocking. So bad that I considered sleeping in my rental on the car park. Truly awful. The worse place I have ever stayed and if I was not so tired I would have driven on to portland. I an not emphasise enough that if you are caught out don't accept the basement. Upstairs rooms looked more presentable but not available. Apparently they have people who use the basement rooms on a long let. Abandon all hope all that after here. The woman on reception resembled the gatekeeper to the afterlife in her attitude. Friendly upon trying hard. Truly truly appalling. Do not stay here and avoid the redneck bar attached where the local alcoholics hang out. I was hungry and what was produced only resembled greasy fries with no healthiness. They should shut this god forsaken hole down. Am a seasoned traveller and so bad was my experience I took photos of the roaches. In all likelihood a different experience if you stayed above ground level. This place would be closed down in the uk and not granted any kind if license

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Demmen

Reviewed 4 December 2013

i spent one night in room 121 and came out of it with bed bug bites all up my right wrist and when i tried to talk to these people about it to let them know about the problem and only to make them aware of the issue so some other poor person didnt have to go through the agony of dealing with these bites cause they are horrible. they were so rude the woman on the phone refused to tel me her name and refused to allow me to speak with a manager and hung up on me twice so i think a health inspector visit is in order and maybe my attorney should introduce himself

Room Tip: DONT stay here
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have been coming here for years, since our kids were small, now we stop here at least twice a year. The rooms are clean and large, and have all the basics including a comfortable bed. There is always something being improved, by painting or replacing. If you want fancy better go to one of the more expensive hotels in Bangor. We enjoy being in walking distance to Hannefords and Dunkin Donuts, not to mention Mardens is a few minutes down the road! This hotel is usually full of shoppers coming and going throughout the day. The bar attached is called Brewsters with two huge "chickens" on the patio, can't tell you how many pictures are taken with them, us included. This bar has amazing food,especially the wings and nachos. The servers are so friendly, we have gotten to know a few over the years, Stephanie is a sweetie! Also a great place to watch a Pats game. This is a regular motorcycle stop too, we have met many nice people travelling on bikes as well as lots of local bikers who are usually willing to show off their rides! You certainly can stay fancier, but as for us we'll take this place!

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay across the street at the village green. The bar gets noisy at night so try to st...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sherbear07
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We checked in to room 102. It was in the basement by the storage area...the bath mat was just thrown over the shower rod, the room was disgusting. Cobwebs in the window, major holes in the blankets and stains. Fridge wasnt plugged in MN or even cold. Toothpaste residue all over the faucet and mirror. As a maid this was disgusting and unacceptable :( never again will I stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

when i stayed here i loved it it was very home feeling, clean, relaxing, and i definaly would reccommend this hotel and the price is wonderfull, and i had a smoking room becuase i smoke but i wouls know if i smelt it on anything and i never smelt any intese smoke smell, it was an exellent stay.....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This is by far the worse hotel i have ever been to we got there with a friend and two beautiful women they walked outside in there outfits that they were going to the club and they called horrible names and were completely disrespected and ruin the night we were harrassed so bad that we could not stand another moment in that hotel on top of the my womens kid was in the hospital and we were not even there for 2 hours and they wouldnt give us eveb a partial refund one of the worse hotels i ever been to and i would rather sleep on a park bench then ever go to this hotel again

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank willcyrus
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We were given a smoking room because we had a pet but the smoke smell was intense. Usually when we are given a smoking room the sheets still smell freshly washed but these reeked of smoke. I suspect the staff are using this room for their smoke break. The carpet appeared fairly new but the box spring and mattress looked like it was found on the curb. Furniture was worn. Bath was better but ceiling tiles were stained and broken.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Blunos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Vacationland Inn
The Charles Inn
#20 of 26 in Bangor
Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor
Quality Inn Bangor Airport

Been to Brewer and Village Green Motor Inn? Share your experiences!