“Wow! What a great find!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brewer and Village Green Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brewer
Brewer and Village Green Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
Groton Long Point, Connecticut
“Wow! What a great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I didn't want to break the bank for a room for the night in Bangor, and I passed this motel with signs hanging out - rooms 55-60! Just my speed - but what could I expect.

Well - what was deceptive was that the sign was for a strip of motel rooms, and I couldn't find the Office.

As i was pulling out, on the road sign at the bottom in small print it said 'Office at the Brewer Motel on Brewer St'.

Well - being a stranger in town, I had no idea where Brewer St was, but i drove around the block and there it was - a nice, big, Motel. I pulled in and they gave me a nice room on the 1st floor with HDTV, WiFi, and a cozy bed. I had a great night!

I asked at the desk where to go for a nice breakfast, and she said to go to some 'Coach' place 1/4 mile back. I went there and saw that with the prices and the crowd, I'd never get waited on.

So I left! I remembered passing a Tim Horton's - which I've never been to before.

Wow! Great! I had the Maple Breakfast Sandwich for $2.39, and a medium hot chocolate for $1.75

WHAT A DEAL! I was thrilled - and had to share this with you!

Room Tip: The AC cooled the room right down, and a good shower was all I needed to content me!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Sekjr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just got back from Bangor after staying at our usual motel in Brewer. After reading reviews we were a little concerned this time so decided to see for ourselves. Had our usual balcony room, it was nice and clean and actually had a few upgrades. The room now has a small frig, microwave,new lamps, mattresses and handsoap machines in the bathroom, everything new and shiney. So if you have any doubts, forget them, your good to go here. Also food at Brewsters still great, especially the nachos and boneless wing! Its still a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Higher balcony rooms are the best
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sherbear07
Dudley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived here late after coming back from Halifax Nova Scotia and had used bangor as a central base for a week. Unwittingly arrived in middle of a chesney Kenny concert.
Oh my my holy god. I got one of the basement smoking rooms. It was not suitable for my dog. Terrible. The guy in the night in the desk recognised that I was horrified and apologised stating that the local down and outs tend to use the basement as it was closer to hell for them. The smell of alcohol and despair hung in the air. Dirty Stained sheets. Not changed. Smell of sweat appalling. Bed bugs. Slept in my clothes it was that bad. I stank as the smell of emotional poverty and pain permeated my pores. The desperation oozed from the basement. Flickering light on the corridor like some bad movie. Shocking. So bad that I considered sleeping in my rental on the car park. Truly awful. The worse place I have ever stayed and if I was not so tired I would have driven on to portland. I an not emphasise enough that if you are caught out don't accept the basement. Upstairs rooms looked more presentable but not available. Apparently they have people who use the basement rooms on a long let. Abandon all hope all that after here. The woman on reception resembled the gatekeeper to the afterlife in her attitude. Friendly upon trying hard. Truly truly appalling. Do not stay here and avoid the redneck bar attached where the local alcoholics hang out. I was hungry and what was produced only resembled greasy fries with no healthiness. They should shut this god forsaken hole down. Am a seasoned traveller and so bad was my experience I took photos of the roaches. In all likelihood a different experience if you stayed above ground level. This place would be closed down in the uk and not granted any kind if license

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Demmen

Travellers are raving about these Brewer hotels

Rochester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

i spent one night in room 121 and came out of it with bed bug bites all up my right wrist and when i tried to talk to these people about it to let them know about the problem and only to make them aware of the issue so some other poor person didnt have to go through the agony of dealing with these bites cause they are horrible. they were so rude the woman on the phone refused to tel me her name and refused to allow me to speak with a manager and hung up on me twice so i think a health inspector visit is in order and maybe my attorney should introduce himself

Room Tip: DONT stay here
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lynn H
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have been coming here for years, since our kids were small, now we stop here at least twice a year. The rooms are clean and large, and have all the basics including a comfortable bed. There is always something being improved, by painting or replacing. If you want fancy better go to one of the more expensive hotels in Bangor. We enjoy being in walking distance to Hannefords and Dunkin Donuts, not to mention Mardens is a few minutes down the road! This hotel is usually full of shoppers coming and going throughout the day. The bar attached is called Brewsters with two huge "chickens" on the patio, can't tell you how many pictures are taken with them, us included. This bar has amazing food,especially the wings and nachos. The servers are so friendly, we have gotten to know a few over the years, Stephanie is a sweetie! Also a great place to watch a Pats game. This is a regular motorcycle stop too, we have met many nice people travelling on bikes as well as lots of local bikers who are usually willing to show off their rides! You certainly can stay fancier, but as for us we'll take this place!

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay across the street at the village green. The bar gets noisy at night so try to st...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sherbear07
Machias, ME
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We checked in to room 102. It was in the basement by the storage area...the bath mat was just thrown over the shower rod, the room was disgusting. Cobwebs in the window, major holes in the blankets and stains. Fridge wasnt plugged in MN or even cold. Toothpaste residue all over the faucet and mirror. As a maid this was disgusting and unacceptable :( never again will I stay here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Deer Isle, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

when i stayed here i loved it it was very home feeling, clean, relaxing, and i definaly would reccommend this hotel and the price is wonderfull, and i had a smoking room becuase i smoke but i wouls know if i smelt it on anything and i never smelt any intese smoke smell, it was an exellent stay.....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Vacationland Inn
#7 of 26 in Bangor
Hampton Inn Bangor
Hampton Inn Bangor
#1 of 26 in Bangor

Been to Brewer and Village Green Motor Inn? Share your experiences!