“Outstanding Cleanliness and Hospitality!”
Review of Colony Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brewer
Colony Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Cleanliness and Hospitality!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

One of the highlights of my three week vacation was finding this motel. My favorite picture, out of the 1,884 I took on vacation, is the one of the office with the slogan "Sleepy People Wanted." Everything about the motel is beautiful. The rooms are tastefully decorated. Each room has a doll and a theme. There are 14 rooms in the motel. I am looking forward to experiencing a time of rest here again. Three restaurants were recommended by the woman owner. I tried two out of three of them, and they were excellent. I cannot stress enough how clean this place is. You will be very fortunate to get a room here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Great motel. We had a very comfortable overnight stay.
Spacious, clean, quiet, and nicely decorated.
The owners are super and bend over backwards to make you feel at home.
They take you into your unit and give you a little orientation tour.
Nice personal touch I think.
There are some other nice little touches that one normally doesn't find anywhere, for example cocoa packets.

The only minor disappointment for me was the lack of shampoo which I just take for granted will be made available.

The wifi was a little spotty in our room depending on which device we were using.

One of the most pleasant stays I have ever experienced anywhere.

For those who love books you may want to check out Pro Libris, specializing in used books, across the river in Bangor.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SteveB15
Chestertown, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My sister and I stayed here for six nights in July. The owners Lynn and Steve were most kind and attentive. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Lovely touches of country décor gave a warm, caring touch. The two beds were comfortable, and we enjoyed the separate dining area with table, chairs, full size fridge and microwave. Excellent accommodations!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna W
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stopped here overnight on my way to Canada. An older property, but my room was quiet,clean and very comfortable. The owners were friendly, informative, and accommodating. There is a great little local restaurant about a mile away that have excellent lobster rolls.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Granville IL
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were traveling by motorcycle in the rain and got the next to the last room available. Lynn gave us $10 off the reg. room rate of $139 for the room with three double beds. The next morning it was still raining, the forecast said rain all day and through the night so we asked if we could stay another day. We found a few other cheaper motels on our excursion to do laundry and get some food, but I couldn't say if they were as nice as the Colony. Lynn and Steve go out of their way to make sure you have a good stay. They know the local good places to eat and sites to see (if you are not on a motorcycle in the rain!). Take the advice on the lobster roll at the Eagles Nest, it was awesome!

Room Tip: Lynn will let you see any room, and give a very good tour.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed one night here. It was clean, top to bottom. The owners, as everyone else said, were very kind and hospitable. It was quiet and there was a nice stream view out of our window. There was a refrigerator and microwave in our room. There was no coffee maker, but the owner left us tea, hot chocolate and mini hershey bars at night. The decor is updated yet homey. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ontario
Reviewed 17 July 2013

If you are ever staying in the Bangor/Brewer area look no further than the Colony Motel! Exceptionally clean, modern, spacious rooms and the most gracious hosts my wife and I have ever met while travelling. We stayed in the "Honeymoon Suite" with a separate kichen area and from the moment we arrived Lynn and Steve made our vacation memorable. This was our 20th anniversary and Lynn surprised us with a special treat when we arrived and made sure that all our needs and questions were looked after. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again! Also do not miss eating at the Eagles Nest Restaurant just down the road for the best Lobster Rolls!

Room Tip: I checked out many of their different rooms/layouts and all were fabulous and meticulously clean and...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BilboBaggins48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Vacationland Inn
Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road
The Charles Inn
The Charles Inn
#20 of 26 in Bangor

Been to Colony Motel? Share your experiences!