“Wonderful Place”
Review of Colony Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brewer
Colony Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We've stayed at the Colony Motel a while back and I must say it was a wonderful experience. They made you feel welcome from the start and the place was nice and comfortable. Great service. Clean rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Colony Motel

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I decided to split the near 5 hour ride to Coobscook Bay in half.The Colony was right on RT 9 and we had read good things about the place.The reviews where right the onwers steve and lynn where friendly and helpful.They take you to your room show you around.Ask if you have any special needs.The rooms are fresh and clean.the bed was comfortable.It had a frig and microwave.Cable tv and Wifi.Another neat thing is a area out back where you can sit by a streamYou can't wrong staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank METRAVELER55
Reviewed 14 September 2013

One of the highlights of my three week vacation was finding this motel. My favorite picture, out of the 1,884 I took on vacation, is the one of the office with the slogan "Sleepy People Wanted." Everything about the motel is beautiful. The rooms are tastefully decorated. Each room has a doll and a theme. There are 14 rooms in the motel. I am looking forward to experiencing a time of rest here again. Three restaurants were recommended by the woman owner. I tried two out of three of them, and they were excellent. I cannot stress enough how clean this place is. You will be very fortunate to get a room here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Great motel. We had a very comfortable overnight stay.
Spacious, clean, quiet, and nicely decorated.
The owners are super and bend over backwards to make you feel at home.
They take you into your unit and give you a little orientation tour.
Nice personal touch I think.
There are some other nice little touches that one normally doesn't find anywhere, for example cocoa packets.

The only minor disappointment for me was the lack of shampoo which I just take for granted will be made available.

The wifi was a little spotty in our room depending on which device we were using.

One of the most pleasant stays I have ever experienced anywhere.

For those who love books you may want to check out Pro Libris, specializing in used books, across the river in Bangor.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SteveB15
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My sister and I stayed here for six nights in July. The owners Lynn and Steve were most kind and attentive. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Lovely touches of country décor gave a warm, caring touch. The two beds were comfortable, and we enjoyed the separate dining area with table, chairs, full size fridge and microwave. Excellent accommodations!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stopped here overnight on my way to Canada. An older property, but my room was quiet,clean and very comfortable. The owners were friendly, informative, and accommodating. There is a great little local restaurant about a mile away that have excellent lobster rolls.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were traveling by motorcycle in the rain and got the next to the last room available. Lynn gave us $10 off the reg. room rate of $139 for the room with three double beds. The next morning it was still raining, the forecast said rain all day and through the night so we asked if we could stay another day. We found a few other cheaper motels on our excursion to do laundry and get some food, but I couldn't say if they were as nice as the Colony. Lynn and Steve go out of their way to make sure you have a good stay. They know the local good places to eat and sites to see (if you are not on a motorcycle in the rain!). Take the advice on the lobster roll at the Eagles Nest, it was awesome!

Room Tip: Lynn will let you see any room, and give a very good tour.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Vacationland Inn
Vacationland Inn
#1 of 5 in Brewer
Quality Inn Bangor Airport
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Bangor
Howard Johnson Inn Bangor
Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor
Hilton Garden Inn Bangor

Been to Colony Motel? Share your experiences!