“A find! Don't tell anyone please.”
Review of Colony Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brewer
Colony Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is one of those places I almost don't want to tell anyone else about, because I don't want it to fill up before I make my next reservation. I stay there frequently, and it is a very good value: under $100 and very professional, clean, even decorated with care and complimentary Hershey Bars, attentive staff. Family business in at least second generation.

I stop on my way between US and Canada. This permits me to go via Route 9 through Calais/St. Stephen rather than Houlton: a smaller road, quite quiet, but not 95. Depends on your preference; and you can still pop over to 95 if you like. There is not much between Brewer and the Canadian border on Route 9, and cell service drops out.

For me being off the main road is a plus, so i can just drive in and bring my equipment etc. into the hotel with me. Even so there is plenty nearby: Lynn told me about an Italian (Greek?) restaurant about a mile or two away, which I really liked. And the usual Tim Horton's, Dunkin Donuts, etc. So nice to find someplace that is not a chain, with proprietors invested in the business, and at an economical price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Colony Motel

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Motel is very clean, the owners are staying right on the property. We were upgraded due to a scheduling problem and the room was very large and airy. The Beds clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and shiney!. The decor is folk art and well done. The owners were very helpful in finding local restaurants, a very trusting atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

VERY clean, very nice proprieter, and reasonable rates. microwave, mini fridge, and mini hershey bars. out of the way, but close enough to amenities and shopping to be convenient. the only reason i didn't give it five stars is that the only coffee option is instant folger's that you microwave. my hubby ended up dumping his down the sink...i would suggest they get starbucks instant or have a keurig in the office. they only have 15 rooms, so i think it would not cost too much more. would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My elderly mother and I have stayed here twice (April 2012 and December 2013) when we were visiting Bangor for shopping, errands, and/or medical care. The owner is very welcoming; the rooms are clean (this really means something when I say it, because I'm very particular with regard to cleanliness) and comfortable. The décor is a cut above what you find at the typical motel, and there are nice little touches in the rooms like a basket with chocolate bars and coffee/tea/cocoa (even the little plastic containers of cream are arranged artistically!). The hotel is in a nice setting by the Penobscot River and there's a great breakfast place (the Eagle's Nest) nearby. It's well worth crossing the river from Bangor to stay in this lovely motel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We've stayed at the Colony Motel a while back and I must say it was a wonderful experience. They made you feel welcome from the start and the place was nice and comfortable. Great service. Clean rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I decided to split the near 5 hour ride to Coobscook Bay in half.The Colony was right on RT 9 and we had read good things about the place.The reviews where right the onwers steve and lynn where friendly and helpful.They take you to your room show you around.Ask if you have any special needs.The rooms are fresh and clean.the bed was comfortable.It had a frig and microwave.Cable tv and Wifi.Another neat thing is a area out back where you can sit by a streamYou can't wrong staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank METRAVELER55
Reviewed 14 September 2013

One of the highlights of my three week vacation was finding this motel. My favorite picture, out of the 1,884 I took on vacation, is the one of the office with the slogan "Sleepy People Wanted." Everything about the motel is beautiful. The rooms are tastefully decorated. Each room has a doll and a theme. There are 14 rooms in the motel. I am looking forward to experiencing a time of rest here again. Three restaurants were recommended by the woman owner. I tried two out of three of them, and they were excellent. I cannot stress enough how clean this place is. You will be very fortunate to get a room here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Vacationland Inn
Vacationland Inn
#1 of 5 in Brewer
Quality Inn Bangor Airport
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Bangor
Howard Johnson Inn Bangor
Hilton Garden Inn Bangor
Hollywood Casino Bangor Hotel

Been to Colony Motel? Share your experiences!