I told everyone a great place to stay in Augusta, NOW, we have one in Bangor/ Brewer, Me.! I normally booked my stays at a different hotel in Bangor and I decided to try a different place since, at the other hotel it just seemed like I was a number,(a quite expensive number). My mistake for the fact it was" State Fair" time with a big concert, but I had been staying at this other hotel about once every other week all last winter, but I had to be there (medical Appt.). When I called and asked all of the pertinent questions, they were answered promptly, courteously, and with full explanation and nothing hidden. To my surprise, the room cost was about one third of my previous hotel cost, so I was going to be very sceptical. When I arrived, I was warmly greeted, and everything was exactly as quoted over the phone. The desk clerk explained that our room was in the back building, which was in the begining stages of remodel/upgrade , but not to worry -- we wouldn't be inconvienenced at all. (true). Our room was a "king" of which they only have a few and it was plenty large enough and had everything we needed in a room. I love the K-cup coffee maker which is usually found only in very up-scale Motels and mid to upper range chain type Hotels. There are benefits to each of the buildings so ask for your preference. The staff all seem to care whether you're comfortable or not and the gentleman who watches over the breakfast bar, will go out of his way to make your dining experience pleasant and this is a "freebie".
The location is great, very easy to get to, yet far enough from the Freeway noise. There is a fairly good selection of restaurants within walking distance and after riding or driving a vehicle all day, who wants to HAVE TO drive to go eat. Remember this is not a high class chain hotel, this is a local family hotel/motel that is very clean, great prices for all that you get and some great friends to be made in this area just for staying with them for a night or two, at a very reasonable price. If you think you deserve some type of discount (ie: AAA, AARP, Etc.) ask for it -- they offer many and they don't cut the service because of it.
The room stayed in was going through the remodelling phase, so if you get one like mine, be patient, they can't update and upgrade without without affecting someone somewhere at some point.
I truly feel that they are offering probably the best deal in the area, and I know I just sold my room (for my next stay) to someone out there, which means they'll be full and I won't have a room for the night. That's what happens when you brag----- but they deserve the credit for doing a good job. I'll be back all Winter long. It's my new "home" in the Bangor/Brewer area now!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five (5) Beautiful Themed Suites with hydro-massage bath! Over 40 Drive up rooms. Vacationland Inn offers a variety of rooms to meet travelers needs (Economy to Themed Suites). A home away from home experience. Complimentary Continental Breakfast with Home-made waffles and Wild Maine Blueberry sauce, strawberry sauce and syrup. Vacationland Inn's Organic Coffee freshly roasted by local roasting company and privately labled just for our guests. Juices, toasting breads, cereals and more. Friendly staff that will always go the extra "Smile" to serve our guest needs. The Adventure begins at Vacationland Inn. Your first or return visit - experience the newly remodeled lobby and breakfast room. See you on your future stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Vacationland Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacationland Hotel Brewer
- Vacationland Village Hotel
- Vacationland Inn Brewer, Maine