“Not the Best”

Vacationland Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The place was ok for the price but the bathroom door would not close and needed oil on the hinge. The plug in the bathroom did not have enough voltage and ruined my hairdryer.

I was not overly impressed. Probably would not stay there again.

Room Tip: The doors were open to some of the rooms when we checked out and it looks like they gave us one of t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 2maritimers
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for lodging with Vacationland Inn & Conference Center. We apologize that your blow dryer didn't work here. We do provide blow dryers in most of our rooms and should one of the Inn's blow dryers fail on our guest, we have more available at the front desk. On a future stay, please contact the front desk immediately so that we can address the issue without any delay. We have 24 hour staff at the front desk and a person on call to assist our guest. Another option would have been to move you to another room (when available) so you and your guest would not have to deal with a squeaky door. Again, we look forward to you returning again so you can experience Vacationland Inn and its Guest Services to the full maximum. Just give us a call... our staff and management are always prepared to go the extra smile to meet our guest needs.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was my first stay at Vacationland Inn. The room was very clean and comfortable, although a bit Spartan on decorations (pictures on the wall, etc.) . My biggest concern was that at 9:00 PM the wi-fi stopped working just as I was checking my itinerary for the next day. I didn't know if they had shut the server down for the night or what. It still wasn't working the next morning so I reported it to the front desk. The lady at the desk said the circuit breaker must have blown and she would report it maintenance. When I tried it later it was working. Breakfast was good but I wish they had more waffle irons. I hit the breakfast room at a busy time and couldn't get a chance to use one. I finally gave up and had cereal and toast. I did have a very interesting conversation with another guest, though. Except for these minor drawbacks, my stay was enjoyable and if I'm in the area again I will stay at this Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for your kind comments and choosing to lodge with Vacationland Inn. The internet, during your stay, was having some major issue due to our provider’s equipment and older wires coming into our business from the road. After much debate, they finally came late August and changed out all the wires outside leading to Vacationland Inn. Once this was finalized, we have had very few issues with the internet not serving our guests. We are sorry that you did not get to try a famous Waffle with Wild Maine Blueberry Sauce. We do have a breakfast attendant in the room that can assist you should it be busy and you cannot get to the waffle maker. The Waffle Irons are double sided so 2 can cook at once. Again, thank you for your kind comments and we will look forward to your repeat lodging at Vacationland Inn.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We were meeting friends in New Hampshire so we thought that we'd spend a night in Brewer both going and coming back to New Brunswick. It may not be the fanciest motel in the twin cities but the rooms are always clean and the staff are friendly. They have a good complimentary breakfast and the rooms are reasonably priced. We like the location because its readily accessible to the interstate and a decent distance to the shopping centers. We like the fact that you can park your car right outside your door, for unloading purposes, and also have the option to use the hall to the front desk or ice machine should it be raining. I believe we've stayed there six times now and have never had a negative experience. We'll be staying there again..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for your repeat lodging at Vacationland Inn. Because of guests like you, the Vacationland Inn continues to improve its rooms and common areas of the motel.
THANK YOU! Your kind comments will be shared with not only the owners but all of our staff as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay. Please take advantage of the convenient booking calendar on Vacationland Inn’s website.
Safe Traveling!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I spend a night here each summer when we visit atlantic Canada on holidays. It's close enough to Bangor shopping, but far enough away that there is less traffic. The hotel is clean, comfy and quiet. Breakfast is always great and it's included in the price. What more can you ask for, it's great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest(s):

We value and appreciate our Canadian Guests! Thank you for staying with Vacationland Inn while you did some shopping. Vacationland Inn is only 5 miles from the Bangor Mall and other major stores are closer such as Mardens. Mardens is just 1/3 mile down the road from us. Again, thank you for your return stays and we will see you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have stayed here periodically over 10 years. In the last several years, each time I go the stay has been more pleasant, more comfortable room, newer appointments and more amenities. Though on Route 1A, it was very, very quiet.

Room Tip: I like rooms in main building near the front desk - small, quiet, comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest(s);

THANK YOU! Your review is very encouraging to us. Thank you for the ongoing lodging for the past 10 years. As you know the new owners have been here since March 2007 and work continually to upgrade the Inn to better meet our guest lodging needs. I look forward to personally meeting you upon a return stay. Thank you again! We will share your review with all our staff and the owners.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Loved Vacationland Inn. The people were extremely friendly and helpful. The decor was rusic and homey feeling. My favorite part though was the breakfast. It was delicious and full of some many options. I would highly recommend. We even thought staying again on our way back home, but the timing didn't work out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for your kind comments. We hope you plan to travel again to Maine so Vacationland Inn can become your home away from home. The newly redone breakfast room and lobby is to give every guests that true touch of Maine hospitality. Homey and rustic with friendly staff to serve your lodging needs. Thank you again for your kind comments. We will share them with the entire staff. See you on your future stays.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 3 summers on my yearly shopping trip to Bangor with my mother in law. I really enjoy this place because they have better rates then any hotel in Bangor, the staff is very friendly, the location is very good, the rooms are very cozy and clean( they do have some newer renovated room, so make sure to ask for those) however the older rooms are still very nice and don't forget the breakfast. Make sure to try the waffles with blueberry or strawberry syrup and whip cream....Delicisious

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for your return stay at Vacationland Inn. We appreciate all your kind comments and plan to share them with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again this summer. For your convenience, you can make reservations for your next stay right on our website calendar. Enjoy the holidays!

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Bangor
Quality Inn Bangor Airport
Best Western White House Inn
Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor
Comfort Inn Bangor
Comfort Inn Bangor
#3 of 26 in Bangor
Howard Johnson Inn Bangor

Been to Vacationland Inn? Share your experiences!