“first rate place”

Vacationland Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was a lovely place to stay. We were only there for one night but we would recommend it for longer stays too. The staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient. I dealt with Matthew to book our reservation and he booked us in when we got there. The restaurant next door was very good as well. they are also dog friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for lodging with Vacationland Inn. We appreciate your kind comments and will share them with the entire staff. We look forward to you returning for an even longer stay. Safe traveling and see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I spend a lot of time on the road and this was one of the worst stays yet. A blood stain on the sheets. The shower was god awful , the water went from hot to cold when some one else called for water then back to scalding hot with no warning. There were people living there I think and they were so loud I had to yell through the floor. They were fighting and screaming at each other. Just awful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J R

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Can you please contact me directly so we can have the opportunity to address your concerns. If this was brought to our attention when you found such issues, we would of addressed this by moving you to another room and made sure that you were satisfied with the room we moved you to. This is not Vacationland Inn's standard room level and we would of wanted to know about this immediately. Please feel free to contact me. We apologize about any issues, however without guests coming to us immediately, we cannot assist them. We hope you will contact us again and give Vacationland Inn the chance to prove the difference.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Friday night, April 25, 2014, we stayed at that Vacationland Inn. Because we were attending a conference, reservations were secured by a third party in advance. Upon arrival, the front desk staff greeted us in a very friendly manner, determined that all was in order for our stay and made us feel welcome with information about the area. The room was clean and comfortable. The only comment needed is that bathroom fixtures were dated and a bit difficult to operate. In our king-size room I would suggest that Inn owners/operators replace the toilet with a taller, larger fixture. The Inn offers a continental breakfast each morning and with a large assortment to choose from, including self-made waffles (very easy to do), the morning meal was enjoyable. I will recommend this Inn to anyone who asks where they should stay in the Bangor, Maine area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for staying with us at Vacationland Inn during your conference. We also thank you for your suggestions as well as your kind comments. We will be sharing them with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon on a future business or vacation stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Al & Leeann are the quintessential innkeepers in the Bangor/ Brewer area.
The rooms are comfortable & clean. And I enjoy the room's State of Maine decorative themes. Cheryl & Matt are very friendly & knowledgeable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for lodging with Vacationland Inn and for your kind comments regarding our the staff's customer service. We strive daily to improve each aspect of our guests lodging experience and are pleased to learn that you enjoy the direction we are taking. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's a nice place, with good people - but there are a couple of things that I saw could improve to make it GREAT. My shower curtain was folded over on one end and in the fold was mold (rhyme unintended!). My first night, I could only secure the door with the chain, it wouldn't latch or lock. Both problems were promptly fixed and I was offered another room if I wanted, but it wasn't a huge deal and I was comfortable. I love the baseboard heat because it doesn't come on and off and make noise as in most motels.

Other minor, but very beneficial things I'd suggest for rooms like this is put a small reading lamp on the desk - there's not enough light to really use the desk for writing or reading. Add tea to the coffee with the coffee maker. Not only is it cheaper, but lots of folks like tea.

Have housekeeping staff pay more attention to cleaning the bathroom - don't leave hair or debris on the floor behind - big no no. I stopped using Countryside Inn for the same reason, and wish to continue to use Vacationland Inn - so I am going to try again on my next Bangor trip in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Would not recommend a king room based on the bathroom I had, choose one with a deep tub
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for lodging with Vacationland Inn and taking some time to let us know the areas that we can improve to better meet your lodging needs. Know that these issues have been addressed. We appreciate your patience with us as we strive daily to improve each and every aspect of the hotel. Your comments have been shared with the entire staff. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your future stays. Each time you return, you will see the upgrades and constant improvements.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was attending a conference in Bangor and wanted a nice little inexpensive getaway night for myself. This was the perfect spot for me. Matt and Cheryl were both very helpful and pleasant. When I checked in Matt upgraded my room from a double bed room to a queen bed room for the same low price. It was quiet, the bed was very comfortable. In room Keurig coffee was great. I happened to leave home without my cell phone and was able to be in contact with my family with free phone calls too.
I will be going back :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest(s):
Thank you for choosing Vacationland Inn during your business travel. We have shared with the staff your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please know that Vacationland Inn does have conference rooms available for businesses to use or a return stay.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed 3 days while our brother was getting medical attention nearby. Matt and the entire front desk staff were wonderful. Thanks for all the directions and assistance. The daily free breakfast was awesome, as was the dining room. Loved the double Belgin waffle maker and great hostess. Such a nice calm way to start our days.

The rooms were decent, fairly price with double beds which were quite comfortable. Enjoyed the individual room controls. Marge and the housekeeping staff was great. Was glad to have the internet and free wifi available Loved the outdoor decor located through out the establishment. Will definately stay here next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Be nice to front desk staff, they will give you good recommendations.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary W

Dear Valued Guest(s):

We hope your brother is doing better? Thank you for choosing to lodge at Vacationland Inn during this time with your family. We are pleased that your 3 day stay was comfortable and pleasant. We will share your comments with the entire staff. Again, we pray your brother is doing well and know we are here to serve our guests for any type of travel reasons ( Medical, Vacation, Business or Leisure) We hope to see you on a leisure vacation on your return stay.

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Best Western White House Inn
The Country Inn at the Mall
Ramada Bangor
Ramada Bangor
#15 of 26 in Bangor

Been to Vacationland Inn? Share your experiences!