“Passing through.”

Vacationland Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I were both very satisfied with the quality and cleanliness of the room. The grounds were also kept to a good standard. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and it was apparent they took pride in the service of their customers.

Room Tip: The rear group of rooms are farthest from the roadway and thus quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest(s):

We appreciate your kind comments and are very pleased you enjoyed lodging at Vacationland Inn in Brewer, Maine. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you on many future stays. Have a safe and happy fourth of July! Safe Traveling

Reviewed 26 June 2014

First of all, let me say that my mother, wife and I have been staying at the inn for about 10 years (the Christian coffee shop was downstairs on our first visit). We travel to the USA every spring and fall.However this year, my mother who is 90 years of age and myself traveled alone and because Willy Nelson was in town, we chose a room with 2 beds instead of 2 separate rooms. We have always paid cash, however this time they insisted on a credit card, even though we were on file)....we were told this was the policy in case the room was damaged. Prior to check out, after a 5am breakfast, my mother took the clerk down to the room to inspect it before we checked out. The clerk then told my mother that we cracked the table. After she told him, we didn't even use the table, he then said that it must had been cracked before. We then paid cash and checked out. The next day, Vacation Land called my mother to say that we cracked the table. She then explained her side of the story. They then her that it was too late to collect for the table. To make a long story short, please do a pre-inspection report with the staff and get note any damages and get a clearance letter from the staff that all is in order. Like I said, we have stayed at the inn for around 10 years, twice a year in 2 rooms but never again will I put my mother through what she went through.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravellingBug290

Dear Valued Guest(s):

On June 25, 2014, I contacted you on your personal email with an apology and an opportunity to contact me directly on my personal cell phone to discuss why you were contacted. I have not yet heard from you and hope to soon. Whenever there is substantial damage in the room, it is our policy to contact the guests to see if they noticed it in the room during their stay and apologize for the damage being there during their stay. It also helps us to determine how it happened. I am still waiting to hear back from you. In the meantime, we apologize for any confusion and hope you will choose Vacationland Inn for your future stays when traveling. Thank you for your ongoing lodging with Vacationland Inn. As you have noticed through your years of staying with us, we have worked very hard in updating and renovating all our rooms. Have a safe and happy fourth of July and safe travels. Enjoy the summer!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped here on our way from Ontario to Nova Scotia. It was very convenient to get to off of the highway. I chose this hotel because of the reviews on here, and it exceeded my expectations. Everything in the room was very clean and everything smelled nice. The furniture in the room was simple and homey, but everything was very comfortable. The lady at the front desk recommended the restaurant next door, so we went there for supper, and it was great. You even get 10% off if you stay at the hotel! Although the tv was old, it worked fine. I love the seagulls and bear decorations in the lobby too. Overall a great value! (Also, a close drive to the Paul Bunyan statue!) If I'm even in Bangor again I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sneezekoofer

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing Vacationland Inn as your destination place when traveling to the Greater Bangor area. We do have comfy rooms that are decorated with Maine themes. Being close to the malls, Bangor Waterfront and Cross Center and many other attractions makes it convenient for guests. The Coach House next door serves up a good homemade Chocolate Cream Pie "Best I have ever tasted" and they do give our guests 10% off during their stay. We look forward to seeing you again and again on future stays. Enjoy the Fourth of July and your summer traveling.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

After about 18 years since the last time we had stayed there I was impressed with the property. I thought the staff I dealt with were A-1 and although the room we had wasn't frilly, it was clean and well maintained. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Loren F
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for sharing your travel experience with others. We appreciate this very much. I will share your comments with the entire staff. Looking forward to having you back again and again on future stays. Safe traveling

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Everything from the staff to the beauty of the Inn to the cleanliness made staying here an ultimate experience. With out a doubt I'd stay here anytime. Oh and their free breakfast is soooo good, it's a must!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank JimsterAndSarah

Dear Valued Guest(s):

What more can we say except, "Thank you!" We appreciate your compliments and lodging with us. Hope to see you again and again on future stays. Our slogan says: "Come as a stranger and leave as a friend, your adventure begins at Vacationland Inn!" Thank you again. We will share you comments with our entire staff.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here last night for the Dave Matthews Concert, the room was nice, beds were comfortable, but the bathroom was a completely different decor then the rest of the place; didn't seem as though it fit. Also water pressure in the shower was not up to par. Breakfast in the morning is nice! Great spread and a staff member actually offered to make me a waffle as opposed to a Do-it-yourself type of place. One big plus, they offered a shuttle back and forth from the venue for $5.00!i would stay here again, especially for a concert! Thank you for a good experience.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for staying with us at Vacationland Inn. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another great event in the Greater Bangor area. Your feedback has been passed on to the appropriate staff and being addressed. This was the first time we used a shuttle for our guests to the Waterfront Concerts. I am pleased to know that this worked well for you. When most of our guests are concert guests, we can plan to have a shuttle. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Needed a place to stay overnight on the way to Acadia from MA. The price was right and the
hotel met our needs. Immaculate rooms with a unique feel. The service at front desk was great and the breakfast was perfect for a quick departure and on to Mount Desert Island. Great Deal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Vacationland_Manager, Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest(s):

We appreciate you taking your time to tell other travelers about your experience at Vacationland Inn. There is no better trip then Acadia National Park. Breathtaking views! We will be sharing your kind comments with the entire staff. We appreciate your choosing us and hope to see you again for another trip to Acadia this summer, fall and winter. Safe Traveling.

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Best Western White House Inn
Super 8 Bangor
Super 8 Bangor
#15 of 26 in Bangor
The Country Inn at the Mall

Been to Vacationland Inn? Share your experiences!