Vacationland Inn
US$206
US$175
TownePlace Suites
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblueberry saucefresh wafflesbreakfast roombar harbormain buildingstay there againelectric fireplacenew ownersmake your own wafflesnew brunswickbangor areafridge and microwavechain hotelsfree breakfastroom keygreat place to staywaffle maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I stayed at Vacationland Inn in early summer. This was our second visit to this motel and it's always a pleasant stay. The rooms are always clean and stocked with coffee in the room. FYI---coffee is always available in the lobby too, for you coffee lovers out there! This visit, we chose to stay in the "family" room which had two double beds and a twin bed, which was perfect for our family of five. Even better than their coffee was their homemade waffles and their own Maine blueberry sauce!! I'd recommend staying at Vacationland if you're visiting in the Acadia/Bangor region of Maine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank taffytrixie
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest(s):

We are so pleased that our family room worked for your family of 5. We will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff. We appreciate you and your family lodging with us here at Vacationland Inn and a repeat stay as well. Our slogan is "Come as a stranger and leave as a friend!" We enjoy making new friends and look forward to seeing you again and again on future stays. Safe travels and enjoy the remainder of your summer. We will keep the coffee hot 24/7/365 and the waffles ready for you every morning.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I recently stayed one night at the Inn while on a motorcycle trip with friends. We found the motel because it was next to the station where we gassed up. It was a happy find. The staff were all friendly, the rooms were spotless, the bed comfortable and breakfast was included. This is an older facility that we learned had changed hands a few years ago and the new owners had done a terrific job of refreshing the rooms. The price we paid with my AARP discount was a bargain. It seemed obvious that the people took pride in providing a good stay.

Room Tip: I understand that the updating is not complete, so ask for a renovated room. Some rooms are inside hall access only, some have hall and outside access.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alan D

Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for choosing to lodge with us at Vacationland Inn. We hope you didn't get caught in the recent rain during your road trip on your motorcycle. We are pleased to know your experience is exactly what we strive for. We will share your kind comments with the entire staff and look forward to seeing you again during your next stay.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We own a lodging facility on the Maine coast. Our expectations are high and we do not book a room anywhere without a complete inspection first. We would love to report that the Vacationland Inn not only meets, but exceeds our expectations with each and every visit. The rooms are all different, but each one is immaculate and has all amenities. They are reasonably priced, the staff, Matt and Cheryl, go above and beyond and are always eager to please. AND, the breakfast is amazing. We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank downeasthiker
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest(s):

We are always excited to see you both when you arrive. We will be down to visit you this summer. I will be sure to tell Matthew and Cheryl that you appreciate their customer service and our housekeeping staff as well. The staff has worked very hard to keep every room ready for our guests. I cannot wait to visit your hotel as well. Thank you again for your kind comments and continued repeat lodging. We appreciate our new customers that become our friends and repeat customers through the years.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

First of all, it has been a while since I stayed here. Things have hopefully improved.

I was at this hotel for two weeks. My employer put me up here.

The room was big, but it was dusty, old, and run down.

I never felt safe at night because there were some questionable activities going on in the parking lot. I was in a back building.

I tried to go to the restaurant one night and I was never served. After 25 minutes I decided to leave.

My company put someone else at this hotel a few months after me and they had to leave because they said the room was so dirty.

Like I said, hopefully things have improved.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Carolyn R
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Business Traveler:

We appreciate you staying at Vacationland Inn while traveling on business. We have done alot of changes since August 2013. We hope you will return to experience the changes. However, in the future, please come to us immediately regarding any concerns. We cannot correct or move you to another room if you don't come to us when you are here. Our policy is to be sure our guests are comfortable with their accommodations and have a pleasant travel experience. Please contact me directly so I know which company you were with. Also, I can let the restaurant know of your experience. We strive to be sure all our guests have a good experience. Know you can come to the front desk (24 hours) and we will address your concerns to have your stay be a good experience. Enjoy the summer and hope to see you again on a future stay.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Vacationland is situated in a very convenient location, close to Bangor but on the main road to Bar Harbour or Camden and Rockland and the beautiful coastal highway. It has an easy access from the I-95. It has a wonderful down home feel, clean, fresh and homey. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds.There is a fire pit for evening get togethers, and we socialized in the large parking lot with other guests on a very humid evening. A very basic continental breakfast is served, but what more could one need than a fresh waffle with homemade blueberry or strawberry sauce with whipped cream and a coffee. There are a couple of very nice restaurants within walking distance and a large grocery store to stock up on cooler items. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. We travel in this area often and have put Vacationland as a go to spot on our list of places to stay.

Room Tip: Outside access rooms have drive up for car and adirondack chairs to relax in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan1954

Dear Valued Guest(s):

We are pleased you have chosen Vacationland Inn as your go to place. The inn is very conveniently located in the heart of Maine on RT 1A. No matter your destination, as you put it so well, Camden, Rockland, Acadia National Park, Moosehead. It is all just minutes away. The mall is only 4.5 miles away and we have 31 local restaurants within a mile. The campfire is a great way to end a long day of traveling and you never know who you will meet as a new friend. Thank you for all your kind comments. We will share them with our entire staff. See you again real soon! Safe traveling