Pleasant Mountain Inn
Highland Lake Resort(Bridgton)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$117
Travelocity
Grady's West Shore Motel(Bridgton)(Great Value!)
US$110
Hampton Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$116
Saco River Lodge & Suites(Conway)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$64
Poland Spring Resort(Poland Springs)
US$76
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Paris Inn Motel(South Paris)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I have stayed in many places and found this to be a better one. It is quiet and great senery all around and a staff that is pleasant and helpful. i highly recomend that if in the area it is the better of all places in this small town. I will be returning more than often when in the area and am planning a trip for next year and looking forward to my stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank huhh7687
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I don't know what the other posts are talking about. This is a great little inn. The views are beautiful, the price is right and the staff is excellent! It is very close to Shawnee Peak, so I would reccomend a winter stay to ski!

My room was neat and clean, the bed was quite comfortable. The staff left a small snack by the coffee maker, which I thought was a great personal touch.

The restaurant was great as well. The food was very good and resonably priced, and service was just fine.

Don't pay any attention to the negative posts, try it and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Peaches9
Reviewed 12 August 2007

THIS IS THE LETTER THAT I SENT TO PLEASANT MOUTAIN

Dear Proprietor,
On June 5, 2007, I reserved a room for July 27, 2007...a Friday night. There is no question that I specified my need for handicapped accessibility. I am in a wheelchair and at the beginning of June was not even able to stand with crutches. The woman I spoke to said that the accessible room, #24, was available. I could drive to the back of the property and park in front of the room. I made a note in my date book...room 24, in back.

When I arrived my train to Portland was late. Although I had not been given any time requirement for check-in, I called to let the manager know that I was on my way. She told me that she’d be there until 9pm and not to worry. I arrived around 5:30pm and found that room 24 had been given to someone else. I was sent to room 21 which was not at all accessible.

My one night at Pleasant Mountain Resort was incredibly difficult. I was at considerable risk because without an accessible shower, I could not keep my amputation site / wound dry. That was really the worst part for me. Germs seep in through dampness and cause infection. This was not a frivolous concern

Once, I talked her down from her defensiveness, Courtney did all she could to help but she could not redesign the room. She did not feel that she had authority to ask the guest in room 24 to switch with me. He was not handicapped (at least he had no placard on his car...yes, I checked), but he was staying a week. Courtney said that she would call the boss but her boss never responded. And so, I was stuck hours from home with no place else to go.

American Express would have allowed me to contest the charges, however, I used my Master Card. The U. S Department of Justice ADA Guidelines document that unless I miss the check in deadline, the room must be held. I did not get a deadline and I did call to let you know when I would arrive. Courtney informed me that whoever did the reservation did not make note of my handicap. She said that I received an email confirmation letter. I specifically recall telling the reservation person that I could not get to my computer. Again, I was not walking and my home computer is in an upstaoirs office. And if a reservation letter was emailed, Pleasant Mountain Resort received an automated out of office reply with a request to call me.

On a positive note, the view was quite lovely and the room was fresh and clean. In light of the rest of the situation, however, I feel entitled to a refund. I am sure that you will make serious consideration of this request.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank harrietcw
Reviewed 31 May 2007

BEWARE! This Hotel has lots of hidden charges and small print policies such as extra charges & fees, and billing your credit card from the day you book the room even if you are planning months in advance. If you like to pay what you expect when you reserve the room(s), then DO NOT STAY HERE! They even add charges for extra towels and shampoo.

The rooms were very clean and neat in appearance. However, the service was questionable and the staff was generally indifferent to guests.

The "Manager" has an attitude that the Pleasant Mountain Inn is always right and the customer just needs to keep quiet about any issues that may arrise during their stay.

I strongly recommend that you stay somewhere else in or around Bridgeton, Maine.

4  Thank FreelanceTraveler
pleasantmountaininn, Manager at Pleasant Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2007

Pleasant Mountain Inn prides its self on friendly and professional customer service. All of our guest rooms are stocked with complimentary in-room gourmet coffee, a light snack, shampoos and lotion. There are never any hidden charges. Our fees and policies are clearly stated on our web site, confirmation letters, front desk and in all of our guest rooms.

Reviewed 1 January 2007

The room was your basic one story single row motel room, it was tidy and neat, everything in the room was your basic no frills. The only exception was that there was in room coffee available and the Housekeeping staff leaves a little snack on the dresser. The Television was cable equipped, however some stations were not working, not sure if this had anything to do with the fact that the Motel was in the heart of a mountain valley. Check in /check out was really fast. The staff is really laid back. Not very personable, but not overly hospitable, again not sure if this was because the hectic summer and fall tourist season had just ended and they were just gearing up for the winter ski season.

All in all it was a decent stay, the price I felt was a little more than I expected. I have rented Hotel rooms in the city for a little less than what I paid for my basic one bed one night room.

I would stay again, but next time I might try one of the suites, that offer a little more room and a fireplace.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled on business