“Fine breakfast food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Fine breakfast food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a quick breakfast here early one morning.
The staff was very professional and prompt. The breakfast food was great: homemade bread, and a wonderful small raspberry muffin accompanied our orders.
The coffee was very good, and the atmosphere was homey.
I wish we had a place like this at home, but then I would gain too much weight!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank SGJ1013

“Absolutely terrible experience. Abysmal service.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped at Beth's on a recommendation on our last day of vacation. What a terrible experience, it ruined our last day. We walked in with a party of twelve prepared to wait but we're told by a waitress to grab whatever tables we could find. Three tables were open with eight seats so we had most of our group sit while the remainder prepared to wait. About that time we realized that it's a self serve restaurant. You wait in line and order and pay for your food then a waitress brings it to you. We were figuring out how to navigate this with our large party when a customer got out of line, put his face inches from my husband's face and blasted us for taking too many seats. We left. I will never go back. It sounds like the food is good but the crowd is overwhelming for such a small place--it was packed even before we walked in--and the serving/seating system is inefficient/lends itself to confrontation. We saw the line when we were finding seats but we thought they we're take-out customers getting coffee. The presence of waitresses serving food and bussing tables added to our confusion. We went down the street to Ricky's. I was too upset to eat so I only had coffee but the rest of the group enjoyed their meals and the service/clientele were friendly. The waitress even brought an extra plate, unsolicited, in case I wanted to pick off one of the kids' plates. If you go to Beth's, just be aware, it's tiny and crowded and anxious customers have to compete for tables.

9 Thank david n
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just OK”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This place was packed on a Saturday at 1:30. So we had high hopes. It was a cute little place with nice ambiance for a deli/coffee shop. First I was completely turned off by the food out on the counter behind a glass partition with no cover. The foccacia pizza, quiches, breakfast pie etc. were all out in the open. I did not see any flies land on anything, but the doors were open to the outside, so.....I would never get any of that. My daughter did order a foccacia pizza with feta and tomatoes. So they take it in the back and heat it up. Yuck. It tasted OK, though. I got a turkey sandwich. They did not have lite mayo, so she gave me a packet to put on myself so I could just put on a little. Thanks. The wheat berry bread was fresh and fluffy and tasty and a generous thickness. They did not put that much turkey on it. The lettuce was fresh as was the tomato. However with thick bread and minimal turkey you get a mostly wad of dough with each bite. It was not at all a typical deli sandwich with generous meat. I got iced coffee. First they forgot it altogether, then they brought it without milk. The only no cal sweetener they had was stevia which I don't like- but the actual coffee in there was very good. All in all, not terrible, not great and expensive for what you get. Sandwich, pizza, coffee and fruit cup $20.

3 Thank TMS51
Portland, Maine
“A Once Decent Place Gone Bad”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Share review

Compliment

Send message

I have to caution anyone considering a stop at this establishment to try it out or a return visit.
I had only heard good things about Beth's so my boyfriend and I decided to check it out for breakfast this morning (07/13/14). We ordered two cinnamon rolls at the counter. When they produced two on a plate for us I saw that one was very burned and black on one side. It was obvious that it had been too close to the oven wall and they had not noticed. I pointed out the blackened roll and ask if it could be replaced because it was burned. The young girls at the counter said it looked okay to them. Showed them where it was burned, carbonized and hard as a rock. They then said they couldn't replace it because I'd touched it. I said that they should not be trying to sell the burned one in the first place. My boyfriend offered to buy another one assuming they would refuse the offer and just replace the roll but instead they took his money for another roll, picked up the burned one, through it in the trash and put another roll on the plate.
Unbelievable. So we paid for the burned roll so that we could watch them throw it in the garbage? What would they have done if one of the rolls had fallen on the floor when we left the counter? Would we have had to pay for that one too as they quickly picked it up and through it in the can.
This is no way to run a business. Ridiculous.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Michael W
Heath, Texas
“Healthy Lunch”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

There were many healthy choices, though fairly expensive. The food was great and the people were friendly.

Visited September 2013