“Just an average breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles

Morning Glory Diner
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Bridgton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bowdoin, Maine
“Just an average breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

My personal opinion is it is important for a breakfast restaurant to serve good coffee. Their coffee was just terrible. I think they forgot to put coffee in the filter. Service was very slow. I had eggs benedict which were fairly good. My companion was told by the waitress that home fries did not come with his breakfast so he had a side order of home fries. When our order came he did have home fries with his breakfast. When he scooped the other homes fries onto his plate, the dish the home fries were in had a pool of grease in the bottom. We had to wait for our check, we had to wait to be given menus. I appreciate a restaurant with prompt service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

New York City, New York
“Good Blueberry Pancakes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

The blueberry pancakes were good, the home fries too. That said, this is an otherwise sort of average diner. Nice staff, little atmosphere. When you make pretty special pancakes (and they do), it'd be great to have real syrup (especially in Maine) with them...I'd go back but I just might pack my own bottle of maple syrup!

Visited August 2013
Naples, Maine
“Morning Glory Home Cooked Food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This place is great. It's like taking a step back in time. Home cooked dishes at their best. the potatoes are just grand as are the eggs and hash. The lunch menu is super. Hand cut turkey with gravy, just like Nana used to make. Love to eat there. Friendly service.

Visited August 2013
Bridgton, Maine
“What a disappointment-How did MG change so drastically?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We used to go to Morning Glory every weekend. (as did many family members) It used to be great! The food was very good, and the waitresses were amazing. They would anticipate your every need- another cup of coffee or tea, more napkins, etc... They cleaned the tables and turned them over so fast! You never waited more than 5-10 minutes for food. We Went there a week ago last weekend. There was a huge crowd waiting outside. Several people left because table after table exited the restaurant, but no one cleaned the tables, so no one was called in until the whole restaurant was emptied. What a shame! We don't know what happened- new owner perhaps? We won't be back - we waited 45 minutes and there were empty tables waiting for us within 5 minutes of our arrival. (we were first in line) Standard Gastro Pub is great!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Belmont, Massachusetts
“Needs a Facelift”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I have been going to the morning glory for years, I love the food and how the restaurant is kid friendly with the train track around the ceiling and the endless coloring pages. The food arrives at a quickly and always tastes good.

My only complaints is the atmosphere-I felt that the restaurant could use some new paint, possibly new tables/chairs? I felt that I was at coffee hour with my grandparents after church service. I was really disappointed with cleanliness of the restaurant, we were sat at a table right after it was cleared. No one came over to wipe the table with a sanitation wipe. Yucky.

• Visited July 2013