Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
US$974
US$519
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
US$390
US$380
Orbitz.com
Amarte Hotel(Playa Maroma)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$77
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
US$614
US$526
Agoda.com
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
US$447
US$390
US$562
US$548
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$291
US$259
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$240
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$240
13,371 results
All reviewspreferred clubworld cafebarefoot grillel patioour honeymoonamerican idolsecrets boxroom serviceentertainment staffbuilding conciergecoco cafefrench restaurantwelcome homehydrotherapy circuitocean viewpool volleyballmy pleasure
Reviewed 29 April 2012

World-class beach, friendly, energetic staff, great food! Entertainment events available on the hour all day long, but you can also lounge and do nothing all day if you desire. Graciously waited on hand-and-foot all day. Great fitness center! We got a swim-out, preferred club room and loved it.
On our excursions, we talked with several other travellers in this area who said they had little to no beach (one resort has clay instead of sand right now, others have partial beaches with rocks everywhere). This beach has soft white sand that somehow does not burn your feet, no rocks, and had seaweed in the water on only one day out of 7 (water was choppy that day). We rented a cabana on our last day and wished we had booked one for every day!
We will definitely return- this resort is worth its somewhat higher price!!

Transport tip: Take a taxi- do not pay for shuttle service. We paid $140 for 2 people on the Greyline Shuttle round-trip from the airport and then found out that a taxi would cost $40 each way. Save your time and money.

Room Tip: Swim-out room was great- started the day with a quiet cup of coffee on the porch every day. Preferred club was a nice place to hang out; concierge Roberto was wonderful.
5  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at secrets in April for 2 weeks. We had read the reveiws so were a bit worried about the large groups which seem to visit on a regular basis. We found that most of the time this did not effect our visit, however had i been getting married at the resort i would have been very worried. The hotel doesn't seem to move the weddings away from any outside events the groups have planned. On one occassion, there was a very noisy, large group of approx 150 having an outside dinner, right next to a couple who had been married that afternoon. Like i say it didn't have an impact on us on that night, but the following night, many of the waiters from the resaurants had been moved to help with another event, resulting in a very bad experience at the French resaurant where i had to wait 2 hours before i got my meal.
The hotel itself is excellent. We stayed in block 16 on the top floor, with a great sea view. The concierge Roger could not do enought for us. The beach is one of the best i've been to, and the staff try to keep it as clean as they can. The staff in the whole of the resort were good, always saying hello.

2  Thank sharkey200
Reviewed 29 April 2012

So, when we read that Maroma Beach was one of the top 10 beaches in the world, we were skeptical. We have visited most of the Hawaiin island, been to 2 carribean islands, various destinations in Mexico and to Europe and seen some incredible beaches. When we saw the beautiful photos of the property, we said, there has to be some exaggeration, but we were forced to eat crow on this one. I promise you that the resort looks exactly like the pictures. The picture of the couple in the swim out is exactly as the swim out looks. It was amazing to go back to our suite after a long day of doing whatever we felt like doing on the resort all day and having a final swim right outside our patio before showering for dinner. Oh and the beach...the water is as clear, calm and blue as you would expect the carribean to be, but it's the sand that makes it stand apart. THE SAND IS LIKE BABY POWDER! It is soft and white and never gets hot, even on a 95 degree day. It is truly something to behold. We had used sandals resorts for years before taking a chance at trying a different all-inclusive brand and after having experienced this amresort, I'm sorry sandals, but our standards have definately been raised several notches. There is nothing wrong with Sandals, it's just that there are so many things that are right about Secrets...the service, the accommodations, the multiple food options (everyone can find something that they like) and did I say the service? You go away feeling like you were just treated like royalty. We are going to Secrets Capri next spring. I'll write a review on it after that trip. Oh and if you are like us and still work out daily, even while on vacation, the gym is great...modern equipment...everything you need to get a good workout.

Room Tip: get the swim out!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
14  Thank XavierNC
Reviewed 28 April 2012

All I can say is that this resort is absolutely amazing. From the time we arrived and smelled the lobby (I know that sounds absurd but it was this amazing, relaxing smell) and got our cool, refreshing towels we knew we made the right decision. We came with friends to celebrate joint anniversaries. I am so glad we chose Maroma. The resort was the cleanest resort I have ever seen anywhere. I did not see a spot of dirt the entire time I was there. The publics areas were all immaculate as were the rooms. The beach and pool areas were gorgeous. The restaurants were all good. The Italian was probably my least favorite but still nice. After reading other reviews I was a little worried but they were all pretty good. Yes, the servings are not huge but they don't care if you order two entrees if you want. You can get food literally anytime you want all day so I was kind of grateful for the small servings at dinner. The room service was great and so convenient. Also, we never had a wait at all at any of the restaurants and room service was very timely. The drinks were not super strong but you could always request a strong one and they would accomodate. People are literally drinking all day so again I was pretty grateful that they did not overdo the drinks. The staff is pretty much amazing. No matter who it was, they went out of their way to help you. The entertainment was way better than I expected. Things completely caught us off guard with some of the things but they were all fun. Our only complaint is how late the dance club opened. We would have loved to go dance in the evenings at an earlier time but most nights it did not open until 10:30 or so and after spending the all day in the sun, we were exhausted at night. We stay in the preferred club and everyone there was great from the concierge to the bartender. Plus it was nice having a very quiet and relaxing check in experience. All of the issues we had (all very small) were quickly resolved and addressed so I have absolutely no complaints. I would recommend this resort to anyone. I went in with a very judgemental eye (I am a travel agent) and I left amazed. I would never hesitate to send a client to this resort.

3  Thank Meghan B
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have never been to Cancun before or a resort like Secrets so I had nothing to compare too. So my comments will be strictly about my first impressions while I was there.
Upon landing at the airport we were met by our driver just outside of customs he helped us with our luggage and had cool towels for us and ice water. We got to the hotel in about 25 mins.
Upon arrival our bags were taken from us to be delivered to our room. We were part of a corporate trip so check in was wonderful. Drinks and snacks were available for us.
It took an hour for our bags to get to our room so that was somewhat disappointing since my wife and I wanted to get to the beach.
The beach was wonderful, simply beautiful. The pool area was just as great. I would higly suggest thaty you get down early to jold any beach/pool chairs you want otherwise you will be sitting on the sand.
There were not as many waiters at the beach so service to get drinks took a while at times. My advice, order two drinks. Wait staff at the pool was larger and you could either swum over or walk to get something. Both areas were clean and tiddy. There were lots of activities going on during the day you could participate in or simply read or sleep or swim.
Our rooms were very nice and the showers were wonderful, big enough for two with room to spare, water pressure good. There was a one person jacuzzi in our room but it took forever to fill so we passed on it. One suggestion I would give would be to add a handheld shower head for the shower. Beds were great! The mini-fridge had pop, water and beer. The balcony was wonderful and my wife sat on it each night enjoying drinks and late night room service. My only comment was room service took from 15 mins to 45 mins so order extra drinks. If you want a whole bottle of wine you pay extra but if you order 4 or 6 glasses of wine then thats ok, no charge.
We did not go to any of the shows. My wife had other "plans" in the evening. We did walk onmthe beaches at night and late night swims. There are also tow large jacuziies in secluded places you can enjoy as well.

The food was good. Our company hosted two buffet meals that were top notch. Weate at the bordeux ( french ) restaurant and the food was good. My only complaint was it took 2-1/2 hours for our dinner ( from the time we sat down to themoment we left ) If it were cut down by an hour that would have been better.
The breakfast buffet was top notch, super! On our first day we ate so much we skipped lunch and justs snacked that afternoon. They had everything you could want for breakfast.
My wife had a lot of the fruit drinks but they were light on alcohol so you could drink them all day and just get a buzz. You can get beer and hard drinks if you want.
Bottom line is this. My wife and I realy needed this vacation to restand relax and reconnect with each other. Everything at the resort helped towards th What was nice is that you could make friends and enjoy activities or simply spend time with your special someone. I would give this resort 4-1/2 outof 5.
My wife and I also enjoyed the spa and had a couples massage. It was super wonderfuland romantic and they pamperd us to the max!
One last point was I really liked being out of downtown Cancun. The night sky was dark, our beach was mainly private and did not have any cross traffic.

2  Thank Charles D