“Romantic and fun vacation!”

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I hadn't been on a vacation without the kids (5ys, 3yrs, 1yr) in four years. This trip was exactly what we needed! Time to relax, regroup, rest, play, etc. The entertainment staff was excellent. Lots of activities going on all the time, if that's what you feel like. We participated in beach volleyball, tennis clinic, batting practice, trampoline/flip thing, tug-of-war, etc. Then other times we just lounged at the beach or by the pool. There is tasty food everywhere, great pool service food/beverages, snacks available. The restaurants were amazing! French, Italian, Asian, of course Mexican...casual or more romantic, whatever you're in the mood for. So many choices at the buffet for breakfast- LOVED the made-to-order crepe station, omelet station and juice station! And of course the 24hr room service was a nice touch too! We saw a fire show, a cirque show, two movies in the theatre. I'm dreaming of our next trip....hopefully we don't have to wait another four years!

Room Tip: Building #12 was adjacent to the main building, most of the restaurants, the night club, the theatre...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TaraGarr
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear guest,

It is so nice you were able to come and enjoy your vacation for the first time in an adults only resort! We appreciate you taking the the time to write a review and want to thank you for giving us a five star rating.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

If you are looking for beautiful beach and ocean, this is your resort. Staff was very friendly and helpful, food was above average for all inclusive resort, rooms well apointed and kept very clean. I would recommend Maroma to all my friends. Just a tip, don't pay extra for the privet club,you do not get any real extras for the extra price. Go there you'll love it.

Room Tip: We stayed in bldg. 17. All rooms in this bldg. are great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank impy14

Dear guest,

We thank you for recommending our resort to other travelers, on regards to your preferred status, I regret you did not take advantage of everything the club has to offer. I hope you will give the opportunity to serve you again in the future and if there is anything I can help you with, please be sure to let me know.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Secrets Maroma was a wonderful hotel. We stayed in building 27 and had a perfect view of the ocean, a huge room, a wonderful jacuzzi on the balcony, and Cristina (our concierge) was perfect. I wish I could have stayed forever.

The food was great, the drinks never stopped coming, and even the entertainment was an unexpected delight.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SSL924

Dear guest,

I will make sure to thank Cristina for her work and I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I look forward seeing you in the future on this, you second home.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I totally enjoyed the experience of Secrets. The wedding I attended was one of the most beautiful I have ever been to. Wish I was still there!! Everyone at the resort were friendly and helpful. I particular liked the concierge in our building. #12

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for submitting your review and give us a five star rating, we appreciate your comments and are thrilled your building concierge provided exceptional service.

I look forward having the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had an amazing time, met tons of amazing people on my vacation. The weather and the water was perfect. The service is unbelievable, you really can call this a vacation. Even while you're on the beach relaxing, you have waiters: servers bringing you food, drinks and towels. I would highly recommend this trip to everyone.. Thanks Secrets Maroma for making my stay an unforgettable trip. :):):):)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Becca_farrow

Dear guest,

I absolutely loved the tittle to your review! Thank you very much for the wonderful comments, I hope you will consider our resort as your second home and we hope we will be seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had the most amazing honeymoon here!!!! We were totally not ready to come home. We have already rebooked for next year to come back.
We stayed at week from November 3rd to November 10th. Upon arrival we where pretty worn out from our wedding and reception and all the traveling. Check in was very nice, we did the club upgrade so we didn't have to wait in the main lobby. Everyone was friendly and transition was smooth. We got our room which was 2515 and I think it was the perfect location. We where in the middle of beach and resort and right in front of the pool. We had a swim out room.
Food was amazing everywhere at the resort. My favorite was the private dinner on the beach and the private wine cellar dinner. Room service food was hit or miss. The majority of the time it was good, but every now and then I wish we had picked a restaurant over staying in.
The spa was amazing! We did a couples massage and I did a sugar scrub wrap. I loved the spa and the people who worked there were so nice. We also sent some time doing all the water therapies they offered. I was so relaxed!!
Although we did not go to a lot of the entertainment things they had we did go to a couple and we did go to the club one night. It was fun and the drinks were good. The drinks were great everywhere in the resort.
The beach was absolutely amazing. We rented a beach bed several days and it was well worth it. We had a private waiter those days that came with the bed rental it was so nice.
We loved this resort and can't wait to return. This is definitely one of the best places I have traveled too and I have traveled a lot all over the world. If your looking for a place for a honeymoon this is it. Don't book anywhere else!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are so happy you've decided to spend your Honeymoon at our resort! We want to thank you for this wonderful review and we truly hope to see you on your first anniversary!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Travelled end of November for 2 weeks for our honeymoon with Thomas Cook & like all the other reviews, i cannot rate this hotel highly enough. I received an email shortly before i left the UK saying Secrets Maroma had been voted the 8th best all inclusive in the world & i thought surely it couldnt be that good, but i was not disappointed!

In brief - if you are thinking about booking - just do it!

More detailed review:
Arrival / Checkin - transfer is about 30 mins from Cancun airport. On arrival you are sat down, given a cool towel & a glass of champers. The only downside if you are then taken to another desk where they try to convince you to go to a sales pitch the next day... this was a little annoying, but it is pretty much the only negative i have to report.

Rooms - we had a standard suite & it was gorgeous. HUGE kingsize four poster bed, large flatscreen tv with mix of spanish/american channels, theres even an adult Playboy channel / dvd player / lots of drawer & wardrobe space / mini fridge restocked daily with coca cola/sprite/fanta/corona/water, theres a huge jacuzzi bath, a walk in shower & lots of full size toiletries provided too. There is also something called a secrets box which is a hatch that you can access from inside your room / the staff can access from outside so if you order room service they can leave it in there for you. Theres also a "do not disturb" button & if you press this, no one will knock on your door. Every night the maid comes back & does a turndown service whilst you are out, leaves chocs on your pillow etc. She also leaves you a little newsletter which details everything going on at the hotel the next day, from all the daytime / nighttime entertainment to what special events the restaurants have on, was really nice little touch.

Food - theres 7 restaurants, Japanese/French/Italian/Seafood/Steak/World Cafe & Mexican.
None require booking, unless you want to eat at the Japanese teppanyaki table. If you go to one of the restaurants & its full you get given a buzzer so you can go back to the bar etc. We only ever had to wait about 30 mins for a table tho at peak times. Some of the restaurants even have ipad menus.
Lunch & breakfast are also great with a choice of restaurants, or you can ask the pool side waiters for a menu & they will even deliver your food to your sunlounger! About 1pm everyday the chefs walk round the pool with samples/appetisers which were great.

Drinks - great range of both soft & alcoholic drinks, even champagne is included! All proper branded spirits. There is also a drink of the day every day, both alcoholic & non alcoholic (info on your daily newsletter as mentioned above). The cocktails are gorgeous too.

Entertainment - great daytime & nighttime activities - im not normally one for evening shows abroad as theyre usually a little rubbish - but these are actually quite good & professional & worth going to now & again. During the day there were activities such as tequila tasting / sushi making etc.

Staff - every single staff member was very friendly & could not do enough for you

Beach/Pool - Both the beach & the pool were beautiful & we never had a problem getting beds in the locations we wanted.

Iphone app - theres an app you can download before you go which allows you to order room service / toiletries / report any problems with your room. Wifi is free and is everywhere, in your room / at the beach etc, round this to be very fast & reliable.

Weather - i know this isnt strictly to do with the hotel but i just thought id mention that before we flew out the forecast wasnt looking great, it said cloud and rain most days & i was a little worried... in reality the weather was lovely. It rained the first day we got there, but after that it was gorgeous weather, bit of cloud and a very occassional quick burst of rain.

Ive probably missed loads of things out, but there are so many little touches that make this place really special. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank tonilouise

Dear guest,

We are so happy you spent your honeymoon at our resort! I'm sorry about the check in being a little slow for you, next time you come, you can send me an email and ask me not to be invited to the sales presentation if you wish.

Thank you for detailing your favorite things about our resort for other travelers, I hope you will give the opportunity to have you home again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Maroma
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#37 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!