I think everyone else pretty much summed up our experience when we waled into the resort...wow, breath-taking, staff that are unbelievably kind. And then we walked into our swim up room...AMAZING! I loved being able to switch between the party atmosphere of the larger pool and the serenity of the swim up. It was so peaceful. Exactly what we were looking for. Since the other reviews pretty much cover all the other great stuff stuff, I'm going to review just the things I had a hard time finding in reviews when I was trying to decide where to stay (side bar- don't hesitate; stay here!). These things are important to me as a newly visually impaired traveler; I'm not about to give up the things I love!
1. SPA: gorgeous yes, but the hydrotherapy section is tiny compared to other resorts such as Excellence Riviera. the lounge with cool and hot drinks was lovely. There were some areas of the stone floor that were uneven and dark halls that made it a bit difficult to walk, but staff members were always available to help guide the way.
2. ROOM: well lit and spacious enough that we wre not bumping into eachother. The only problem here were all the light switches; it took a while to figure out which switch did what
3. BEACH: best ever! plenty of chairs and beds, we never had to search long and it was easy to get around on the plank walkways. I saw several people with wheelchairs under a palapa as well. plan walkways were close enough to the palapas to make accessibility easy.
4. ACCESSIBILITY:Everything was well marked and signs were easy to spot, but writing was sometimes small. There was always someone around to help provide information or guidance if needed. At one restaurant, lighting was very poor (Portofino maybe?). When the waiter saw me use the flashlight app on my phone, he quickly provided a small flashlight for me to help read the menu. Much appreciated!As I mentioned previously, there were several individuals with mobility impairments so I can only assume that other accessibility needs at this hotel are also good.
Overall, I was extremely happy with my stay. I felt comfortable, beyond indulged, and completely safe despite my visual limitations because of the genuine care from staff as well as the set-up of the resort. I'm looking forward to coming back and trying out the honeymoon suite!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the World's Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row. This unlimited-luxury heaven provides opulence to the most discerning traveler with a pure white sand beach, stunning ocean views stretching as far as the eye can see, elegant suites providing 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bars and several of them with swim-out access to twelve smaller pools plus a shimmering infinity pool, gourmet dining options and chic lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel Playa Del Carmen