“Best B-Day ever”

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I want to first start off by saying this beautiful resort is by far the best my wife and i have ever been to in the Riviera Maya / Cancun area.We just returned from SMB this past sunday the 22nd from a one week 50th b-day that my beautiful wife gave me and it couldnt have been any better thanks to all the wonderful employees that make what SMB is today.Their attention to every detail is amazing.From the time we arrived to the time we boarded our shuttle back to the airport we were treated like royalty.Their just isnt enough space to name every employee we met but just to name a few are Lucia at check in (preferred club) Albert our luggage handler, Alejandro our beach concierge along with Ceasar and rest of crew at the beach, Roger our concierge in building 16 that was an awsome area, Lizeth at Portofino along with William very attentive with us and just so many others i would like to thank for making this getaway a wonderful one-Thank You. Next thing i want to mention is that if you enjoy eating you will not be disappointed.Every restaurant from the French to Italian to Asian to Mexican to Oceana and not to mention the World Cafe and every other place you can catch a bite to eat serve very good food and you will not even know its an all inclusive if it wasnt advertised as an all inclusive.Next are the drinks oh yea the drinks not one single negative thing to say about this category,they serve top shelf liquor and good beers.The rooms are very well appointed as they are very clean and large enough for a couple along with a large jacuzzi very nice.We stayed in a swim out and was well worth the extra money for preffered club enjoyed it very much.Well i can go on and on and just to add i would not write these comments if i didnt feel every single thing i said.Take it from me and all the other reviews you read and you will not be dissapointed.Oh almost forgot the beach very nice though it was a little windy do to a cold front(85 Degrees) it was a little choppy, it wasnt expected but no big thing.We are looking at returning for my wifes b-day in May of 2014 God willing.Enjoy your trip.

Room Tip: Building 16 room 1611 swim out was where we stayed in very nice,quiet and close to beach and restaur...
6  Thank Fernando E
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear guest,

We are so glad you came to our resort for your 50th birthday! We love the fact you took advantage of everything Secrets Maroma Beach has to offer, Thank you for naming those who provided great service. I hope you will return , this time as a surprise for your wife's celebration!

There are newer reviews for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Being my first experience to an all-inclusive resort, I must say, I had some reservations of what to expect. However, as soon as I was greeted with champagne and warm inviting smiles, I quickly knew I was in the right place. My ocean front view bedroom was breathtaking. I enjoyed immensely walking up everyday to the sound of the ocean. The restaurants were superb which exceeded my expectations.
But I must admit the best part of the entire trip was meeting Alejandro, the cabana manager at the resort, who quickly greeted us at the beach everyday and made sure we were constantly attended to. Alejandro was so good that we (our group of four) didn't even hesitate to rent the two cabanas for the entire time we were there.
It was the perfect way to spend a vacation. Alejandro made sure that we were taken care of. When I asked if I could get a massage, Alejandro brought the resorts spa representatives to our cabanas. When I wanted lunch, the menus were already delivered. When I went the bar, Alejandro made sure the bartenders knew my name. Now that’s service. Alejandro is truly amazing and is the reason why I would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jason P

Dear guest,

Thank you for submitting your review and give us a five star rating! We are so happy Alejandro made your stay, we believe the manpower on the resort is what makes it a great place to be , I will forward this lovely post to Alejandro, and I hope we get the chance to host you again.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Secrets Maroma is such an amazing resort. The staff are very outgoing and friendly. I felt like I was in another world with the all-inclusive. The food was always delicious. I was impressed that gluten-free items were marked and there was a huge variety to choose from. The drinks were great; which makes it easy to drink too much on vacation! The beach is fantastic. The sand stays cool on your feet, the water is gorgeous turquoise in color and warm, and the staff on the beach were great. We can't wait to go back. Thanks for such a perfect vacation!

Room Tip: We chose the swim-out room and I'm so glad for it. It seems that not many people were using thei...

Dear guest,

We appreciate this wonderful review and comments! Thank you for giving us a five star rating! I hope you decide to come back again soon to enjoy more of our delicious food.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

When I go away, the food can make or break my vacation. At Secrets the food made my vacation! The breakfast at the buffet had everything you could ask for and more. I can't imagine that you would want something that they didn't have. Omelette station, waffle station, crepe station, smoothie station, fajita station, all kinds of fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, hot dishes such as chicken, beef, pork, all varieties of potatoes, eggs all varieties, smoked salmon, sashimi style fish, ham and deli meat/ cheese varieties and of course all kinds of toasts and breads and a whole table of sweets such as donuts, muffins, cookies etc. You can start your day as healthy or unhealthy as you wish. Yoga and pilates classes in the gazebo with the sound of the ocean in the background was absolutely wonderful. At the pool they started grilling all kinds of meats and food at noon every day and you could just go and grab a plate whenever you felt like up till 4pm. In addition they would walk around with trays of little appetizers while you were laying by the pool. It was a bit windy when we were there so we never laid out on the beach but I had a massage there that was wonderful as well. The beach has nice white sand and the water is turquoise blue but not the most beautiful beach I've been too if I compare to the caribbean. There are 7 restaurants and they are absolutely amazing! The food is as good as any great restaurant in Boston and the service is fantastic. You really feel that you are at a high end restaurant any one you go to except we never tried the Mexican restaurant. We only had to wait one night but they give you a buzzer so you can just go to the lobby lounge and have a drink and the server always brings a tray with nuts, pretzels and crackers so you never have to go hungry. The appetizers and desserts are on the smaller side but you can order as many as you want and all the entrees I ate were big portions and always more than enough food. In addition to the restaurants they have a cafe with espresso drinks made to order and everywhere you go there is trays of fruit or cookies or other food options. You have to learn early to be disciplined or you can easily gain lots of weight at this place. We also had the preferred club which is a private lounge where there is more unlimited food on the bar accessible to members 24/7; fruit, sushi, sandwiches, dessert, pasties etc. It's unbelievable! Alcohol is all top shelf and if you don't see what you like just ask for it and they will have it although not always displayed. The staff is amazing and the entertainment team does a fantastic job. The Rock show was our favorite but the fire show and cirque de solei was great too. Two staff members made our trip extra special; Fabian the pool concierge who always came over to see what he could do for us to have the best day, and "Big Willy" who just made us laugh every time he walked by. I could go on and on about much more but simply you will not regret going here!

2  Thank Gabrielle L
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear guest,

It makes us very proud to read reviews like this one, we are truly happy you enjoyed your stay At Secrets Maroma Beach so much! I trust this is the first time of many more to come, please keep my contact information and feel free to email me when you are ready to return.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Yes its true, I vote this resort number 1 of all Mexico and Caribbean resorts that we have visited.
Food was first rate at all restaurants and no need for reservations just walk in. Service also top rated, we ordered coffee every morning with pastries and was never more than 10 minutes. Needed to replace TV, 5 minutes, needed to have our safe opened ( forgot our code) again only 10 minutes to have repaired. Awesome service.
Bar staff and restaurant staff all smiles all the time, never an issue getting a cocktail.
Rooms were very clean and comfy.
Too many good things to write about so trust all the good reviews.
However there is one item I will tell you about, the swim up rooms which was very expensive are not worth the money to me, rather get a room on top floors with ocean view would be so much better. Not really a complaint , more of a value item.
Trust me this resort is number 1 in Mayan Cancun.

6  Thank Pawco

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your five star rating! We appreciate your comments and it makes us very happy you were please with the fast and great service we provide.

Look forward meeting you next time you come back "Home".

Regards,

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We take several vacations a year..and by far this was a wonderful relaxing perfect in everyway.
Great beach, very good food and great great service.The rooms were very clean good quality sheets & pillows very nice bed. Pools were great with barefoot grill fresh fish everyday plus the normal hamburger etc. All dinning had gluten free choices which were wonderful since my husband must be gluten free. can't say enough already planned our next trip back...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bell2222

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for these wonderful comments, I'm sure they are very helpful to other travelers. I put myself at your service when you are ready to come back to our resort.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We love Maroma Beach. It is of course one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. We found a package on
Luxury Link. A site we use often since we almost always travel off season. We had a beautiful king bed room on an upper floor with a beautiful view and close to the beach. The room was spectacular. Bed amazingly comfortable. The furnishings top quality. The amenities over the top. Each day we rented a palapa cabana on the beach. A bargain at $40. Stayed the whole day, resting, reading, swimming, enjoying a nice cold beer, delicious lunch. The grounds are immaculate. Well designed, well maintained. It us not always easy to have good quality food and beverage at inclusive resorts. Not the case here. I read one review that criticized breakfast. One must conclude that this person can not be pleased. Nothing was lacking at all. And yes it was a buffet which I personally do not enjoy. This buffet was amazing. The dinners were universally Devine. Great food, all open air options. No wait nice... Really nice experiences...

But the real special thing about this resort are its team members. We are in the hotel business. The attitude of this team's members is wonderful. The leadership has instilled a sincere desire to serve. They go out of their way to provide a level of service that is above and beyond what one expects. We felt like they were here to personally take care of our every need.

In summary there are many beautiful resorts in Mexico and fir that matter the world. Many lack the heart and soul due to an indifferent attitude or limited commitment to excellent guest service. Not here this is the whole picture. Many inclusive resorts provide average food and beverage... Limited quality and average experience. Not hear but were superior.

We will return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank djack7

Dear guest,

I must say, Wow! Loved the review, thank you so much for taking the time to write it. We look forward having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Maroma
#36 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#3 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!