“100% over the top! Best vacation ever!”

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Secrets Maroma was by far the best resort we have been too. We have been exploring all of the secrets but this by far is #1...they may be a bit higher than the other resorts but can't compare to the others...First and foremost the staff is incredible very polite and always ready to please you never a sigh or anything other than it's my pleasure...entertainment staff was amazing they are so energetic and ready to go every morning through evening was just so much fun from the pool, beach activities to the awesome shows at night this has been the only resort that we made it to a show every night...because they were that good! Fernando, Caesar, Thomas forgot some of the others... girls included but were amazing we miss them! They made us laugh and smile everyday! The restaurants oh the restaurants whole new meaning to all inclusive...we ate so much I normally don't eat this much haha the Italian rest was over the top and David our waiter was awesome! All of the restaurants are good there....the barefoot grill during the day amazing...restaurants around the pool u will never go hungry.... so many choices daily from Mexican, French, Himtusu, Italian, steakhouse, Oceana to buffet everyone of them over the top! Our concierge Roberto can't say enough was just so happy & friendly! Made our stay wonderful...we stayed in the honeymoon suite just crazy amazing!!! Overall was the best vacation ever!!! It was so nice when we would go up to a restaurant they remembered our last name we really had a great time with the whole staff there..Thank you for such an enjoyable time & will return next year! Instead of 10 night will make it 2 weeks Our home away from home!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked very nice we were in a honeymoon suite which is on the ends facing the ocean it...
6  Thank LisaV20142014
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear guest,

Two weeks sound great to us! We love the tittle to your review, it was simply a true delight to read. We look forward having you back soon, please keep my email and don't hesitate to write when you are ready to come back!

There are newer reviews for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Had a fantastic time. From the moment we arrived, to the time we departed, we had a most enjoyable stay. The rooms was spacious and well maintained. The building concierge, Paula M., always had a smile, and made us feel welcome. The quality of the food was outstanding, considering the number of restaurants available for dinner. The breakfast buffet had too many choices, but I always went back to Guillermina's omelet station. She made great omelets and looked like she enjoyed making them. The grill by the pool made great street tacos.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the review and five star rating! We will be sure to try those omelletes! I hope you decide to come back soon , and when you do, be sure to let me know.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

If you have any doubts.......don't!! This place was amazing. It's a must see in person because words can't justify this wonderful resort. Staff was incredibly accommodating. Our building concierge, (building 12) greeted us everyday by name and with a smile on her face. The entertainment staff Ceasar, Fernando, Manny....and the rest of team go above and beyond to make you feel like family everyday. There is no shortage of activities so you can do as little or as much as you'd like. Grounds and rooms are very clean. Only complaint.....we should of stayed longer! We will definitely return to Secrets Maroma.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Designer30

Dear guest,

What a wonderful review! And the tittle made it perfect! Please keep my contact information and let me know when you are ready to return.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is the first and probably only review I will ever write about a resort, but like another reviewer wrote, "it's just that good!!!"
My husband, and I stayed at Secrets Maroma February 21-28, 2014 for our honeymoon, and let me tell you this is the best vacation we have ever been on! The service at this resort, is hands down the best service we have ever experienced in the past 6 years of travelling. We booked with the preferred club and thoroughly enjoyed all the extra amenities that came with it (would recommend it to anyone, plus you get better views of the ocean from your room). My husband and I are also very picky eaters, and found the food at this resort to very good. The most surprising of all was how good their buffet was at the World Cafe. Everyone needs to eat here! The resort itself set off a very romantic tone, and we were honestly treated like royalty everyday. The resort did an amazing job of making us feel very special on our honeymoon. I have never felt so welcomed and care for in my entire life. I really want to mention that the entertainment crew here is AMAZING! The shows are fantastic, and the team is honestly the nicest group of people I have ever talked too. In fact, all the staff at this resort were amazing.....so friendly, and happy, and just genuinely nice to talk to. One last thing I have to mention is the beach...one word......UNREAL!!!! The sand is like flour so soft and so white. And we are huge beach people and can be really picky, so that's saying a lot. We honestly felt this beach compared to the beaches in Negril and Punta Cana.
Overall, this was the best honeymoon we could have asked for and we are recommending it to all of our friends. We will definitely be returning to this hotel and will be booking with the Secrets chain from now on. Thanks Secretes Maroma for making our honeymoon the best it could be!

Room Tip: Book with the preferred club if you actually want a good ocean view/ocean front room. Well worth th...
6  Thank Ashley L

Dear guest,

I am so happy to see this was your first review and to see it was amaizing! We hope you will come back to us on your first anniversary trip.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Our request to our travel agent was: find us a quality hotel with no children, as we didn't want the screaming and yelling and divebombing into the pool that one finds with rowdy children. So they recommended Secrets Maroma beach. But at least children go to sleep - other guests don't. I'd echo an earlier reviewer ... this hotel has everything for a luxurious couples stay. Beautiful rooms, excellent restaurants, landscaped grounds, fantastic beach, magnificent spa .... really, I couldn't fault anything about the physical structure of the hotel nor the attentive staff.
But our stay was ruined by noisy groups who take over everywhere - yelling from the fourth floor room to someone over the other side of the pool, American cheerleader-style 'whoop-whoop-whoop' in an intimate restaurant, pool competitions that take over the pool so you have to move. I spoke to the manager and he said there were 'incentive groups' staying, which is totally at odds with the tranquil couples image that the hotel tries hard to portray. Several staff said the number one complaint from guests is noise from rowdy groups. So we couldn't find anywhere peaceful near the several pools, were driven out of one restaurant by some obviously drunk 20-somethings whooping whenever they received a plate of food, or a drink. Surely a dress code in a restaurant should also mean a behaviour code?
Like I said, everything about the hotel should be right .... it has all the right ingredients to make it one of the most luxurious hotels in the area. But targeting incentive groups is completely at odds with the peaceful and elegant surroundings. Sadly, we shan't come again. My ears are still ringing.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for the best view, also rooms number 14xx, 15xx, 16xx and 24xx, 25xx, 26xx are c...
9  Thank Sandy H

Dear guest,

We are truly sorry the thing you did not like about your vacation was the presense of other guests. We would love to have you back and next time you are in our resort, speak to the ones who are making you feel unconfortable.

I hope you give us another chance, since it seems you did like the resort.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I'll make this short and sweet. I like to think I have done a decent amount of vacationing and this place hands down topped them all. We stayed the week of October 21-28 and the weather was pretty bad(It rained 5 days straight). With that being said this place was still perfect. We were part of the preferred club and enjoyed all the extra little amenities. The entire facility was spotless. The absolute best food of any vacation we've been on. My family is Italian and we eat pretty good, if you would have told me that I would eat some of these best cooked Italian cuisine that I have ever had in Mexico I would have called you a liar. The Hibachi and French restaurant were also very good. I couldn't really complain about any meal that we had. The spa was amazing also. If you are a couple looking for an amazing honeymoon destination or a getaway in Mexico and an all-inclusive I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I was dead set on having a room on one of the top floors for the view and the soaking tub, although...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jimmy R

Dear guest,

We are so proud to be the first property on wich you've decided to write a review! And we thank you so much for that. We truly hope you come back very soon to spend a wonderful vacation here again.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were there for a week in March, 2014 , for my son,s wedding. It was heavenly. I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff. Their attention regarding the guests comfort was out standing. The location was gorgeous and the grounds plus resort were very clean. Food was excellent. The bridal couple were very pleased with the arrangements the wedding coordinator arranged. I agree wholeheartedly. It was a lovely wedding.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for these wonderful words, we love happy guests! Please let us know when you are ready to return home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Maroma
#35 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#3 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!