“Honeymoon in secrets maroma.”

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have just returned from our honeymoon in secrets maroma. This is a very special resort where we spent a week resting. We have been to many great hotels and although I have always liked them this is the only one where I felt like we were made to feel very special.

The one thing that made this resort truly special was the service - nothing was impossible here for the staff!

The beach, pool, bedrooms and restaurants were all fabulous and so immaculately kept.

A great resort for a quiet romantic holiday where you just want to feel pampered.

Room Tip: I never seen any other rooms, but we stayed in the junior suit with a garden view. We had our own Ja...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela L
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the review and five star rating! We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Like you heard by many before this place is fabulous. Our stay was comfortable. Our swimout room was very nice. We used it everyday either before or after the beach or main pool. The water in the pools and the ocean was warm. The beach was absolutely beautiful. The sand was so soft and never hot on your feet. The food was good. Our favorite was Italian and Oceana. The Rock show was a lot of fun. This place is a true jem. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvlylisa71

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and the five star rating! We look forward having you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The resort is really nice but for the price we paid we were expecting more. The pools are quite small and basic, the buildings don't really look pretty but more like a residential area and the outside furniture were a bit basic as well in our opinion. There were not a lot of activities organised neither besides bike tours or beach volleys. We had to pay a supplement to go snorkeling for example. Restaurants were small but the service and food are great. Spa is not free as well if you don't have a preferred club room. The spa is pretty small and not so interesting so it doesn't really worth to pay for it. I had a massage there that I paid 160$ but I had a discount, regular price is 199$ (for 80 minutes). I find it pretty expensive especially since it was not the best massage I had.
All in, the resort is really nice, quite, the beach is wonderful, the service is good as well as food, but if you are planning to stay longer than 5 days, you can get easily bored, so either plan a additional extra budget for activities at the resort or get out of the resort itself.
We were a bit disappointed with the mini-bar, nothing exciting. The room is not spacious, but we had one jacuzzi and there was one "minipool/bathtube" on the terrasse/balcony.
We will maybe come back to the resort but not for that price.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ocean view rooms, but more expensive (preferred-club ones)
1  Thank Nini689

Dear guest,

We are so sorry you were not amazed by our resort as we try every guest gets their money worth, plase send me an email and let us know what your opinion will be on ways for us to improve.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We just returned from our 3rd trip to SMB. As most reviews state it is a wonderful resort to visit and your are treated like royalty by every staff member from front desk to pool attendant. We returned because of all Secrets has to offer. There were some changes since last trip, but nothing major (ie: World Cafe not open for dinner every night). We highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting to experience 5-Star accomondations. I would like to respond to billandjane2014's comment regarding "brown water runing thru walkways,etc" Apparently they did not recognize that copper color tiles were the decoration that created the bottom of design scroll in walkways and the ankle pools. We do agreed the lobby was warm, but on prev trips this was not the case, so apparently an AC problem. Be guided by the positive reviews, none are exaggerations! Chesterfield, Virginia.

Room Tip: We have stayed in Swim up rooms and top floor balcony. Each was wonderful in its own way. Just depe...
4  Thank BillCindyJ
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the review and for choosing us again! I will hope next time you come back we can impress you even more to get a five star review!

Please let me know when you are ready to book.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spent 11 night here and was not disappointed, I will try to say the good/not so good things rather than repeat things that have already been said a million times.
Located on the most beautiful beach you will see anywhere, however the sea does tend to be rough at times and you cannot swim out very far.
We were in block 15 on 4th floor. Large open plan with bathroom area.jacuzzi,large bed, lounge and then onto balcony. Some might find bathroom "too open" and only used the Jacuzzi once. Never had a concierge before but Christina was really good and helpful. Room info not extensive but Christina provided a kettle and dvds so do talk to your concierge, they don't just sell you trips. 44 tv channels in case it rains and channel 14 will always give you some ideas what to do. First time that I have had free room service and the menu is extensive and very good.
Did not use the spa but I heard it is very good, I thought it was too expensive but there is a place 200 yards down the beach giving one hour massages for $55usa.
Wide choice of a la carte restaurants with good food and service. They do have a buffet twice a week which I would like more of as I like to try a bit of food rather than order and then leave if I did not like it. I like plenty of veg or salad with my meal but the a la carte portions to support your steak would not make a mouse fat. Breakfast was a buffet with everything you could think of, some bits seemed more like lunch although the bacon was always hard. Most days I had an omelette cooked by the lovely Gullermina, she was great. Some complain about waiting for a table but never had to wait more than 20 mins.
Two main pools close together staffed by helpful people who supply you with constant drinks and towels, setting up your umbrella etc. The only downside was our friends from the USA, some appeared to get louder through the day after drinking cans of beer from 10.00a.m. Others in groups spoke so loud you could here them across the other side of the pool area so if you want peace and quiet you have to go on the beach. The swim up pool bar area was the worst but we had a group in the Italian restaurant who were making speeches to each other (Car Salesman I think), not what I wanted to hear.
Now for the best bit THE ENTERTAINMENT TEAM
Entertainment was provided from about 9.00 a.m. by a group of lovable people who did not push you to join in anything but treated you like friends and you enjoyed doing things with them. Paulina was so adorable I would have brought her home in my suitcase. (Sorry I could not find you to say goodbye). At night there is entertainment in the theatre by musicians,dancers and acrobats in a proper stage show and supported by the day staff. The fire show was amazing and the Rock Show was unbelievable. I saw it twice and I would have paid good money to even buy a ticket as the musicians were that brilliant. If this show does not get you going you need to visit your local coroner as you need to know if you are alive.
Did two trips out Dolphinaris and X plore which were both good and I will try to review separately.
Money permitting I will definitely return

Room Tip: Go on the top floor
7  Thank Ashtonian1954

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the review and five star rating! We are happy the Entertainment Team made your stay and we can´t wait to get you back!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I just recently got back from Secrets on May 9th 2014. I would have stayed if I could! The resort is absolutely beautiful and the service is bar none! Everyone was so nice and courteous and helpful. The food was fabulous! There was nothing I wanted for. I would go back in a heart beat! The rooms are spacious, the beach is stunning and the water was mesmerizing! I had not experienced such change in color in an ocean. The different shades of blue were so distinct! Even the pool was fantastic! There are plenty of activities day and night and something for everyone. I would reccommend Secrets if you are looking for a relaxing and memorable getaway!

Room Tip: Even the junior suites were spacious. I was in a partial ocean view and it was beautiful because it...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Linda S

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Best vacation in 55 years....the staff and accomodations was OUTSTANDING.... Superior to all other resorts we have stayed at!!! We enjoyed everything. If one thing I have to critque is the time it took to get our luggage to the room upon arrival! It took way to long to get the luggage....

Paul

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong by selecting Secrets!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Paul R
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We hope to see you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Maroma
El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#3 of 212 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!