“Beautiful and Amazing!”

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

An absolute beautiful Resort and beach! Stayed here for my Mother-in-Law's 65th birthday celebration and I couldn't say more about the quality of the service, food, room, and amenities...as well as the natural feel of the grounds, pool and beach. Loved the SPA...a must visit!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie I
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We look forward seeing you soon.

info.semrc@secretsresorts.com

Write a ReviewReviews (12,919)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

A great resort, The Place was very well maintained. Loved the room and the View. Food was good and the drinks were cols. The staff was on top of our every need . Cant wait until we can go again. Be careful though when booking in June it sure did rain a lot

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Crowbird69
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comments!

We look forward to seeing you very soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My boyfriend and I returned a week ago from our 9 night stay. This was our third time at SMB and it was just as good as the first two times. We both enjoyed seeing the positive changes that happened from year to year. I can say it is nice to have recognized some faces from the previous years. One was Analee (spelling ?) from the beach who made sure we were taken care of all day long bringing us whatever we needed (all three years), Edgar the head waiter at The Sea Side Grill was awesome, caring, and attentive. Pau our concierge was very helpful with all the questions we had. There were other workers who we saw stand out and we wish we could have remembered their names. The food was hit or miss, but we realized whenever we ordered seafood it was always our favorite dish. Our favorite evening restaurant was Oceana (our waiter there was so attentive and never let our drinks go dry). Our air conditioning in the room was always 69* or lower, so when I read people complaining, I came to the conclusion it must be just their room?? The three years I have stayed there in three different buildings we never had an issue.The rooms were always clean. I got extra pillows because I sleep with more than one and that wasn't a problem. We made sure we tried the Fusion night and that was an experience. I can say the presentation of the food and drinks were amazing. As for the food, you need to come with an open mind knowing you will be served food you have never tasted before (a variety of raw meats). We figured that we have nothing to lose because there was always room service with a cheeseburger or shrimp tacos at your room within 30 min. The teppan grill like always was yummy. The best dessert we had was the night we ate at the Japanese restaurant. I am a simple dessert loving person. I would have been thrilled with just ice cream, chocolate sauce over a hot brownie, but the desserts are all pretty fancy. Overall the trip was great and we had a great relaxing time. We did do a couple of excursions. One, was Selvatica, a tour where it included zip lining packages. I would recommend this tour, but just the zipline and sinkhole swim. I wouldn't recommend the off-roading part unless that is something you love. It's just bumps you to a pricier package. At the end they offer a disk of all the pictures for about $60. They give you a code and a password and you download the pics as often as you want. We were a bit skeptical paying for something and walking out with only a password but it was legit. When we got home we instantly downloaded all the pics and it was great. We didn't have to worry about buying and ruining any photos or scratching CD's. Another tour we did and I would tell you to SAVE your money was a snorkeling tour. The expectation for me was high since they show these fabulous colorful pics and tell you it is the 2nd largest reef in the world. I saw a few cool fish but certainly not worth the cost or time. I found myself longing to be back at my hotel and feeding the white angel fish crackers that are at the resort. I again recommend to get a decent water camera, take out the kayak and paddle out to the reef or the sandbar and have fun taking pictures. The beach had more sea weed than we have experienced in the past, but the workers were out there raking it up. There are about three vendors that walk around selling cigars, hats and sunglasses, which we actually needed. I got a cute hat for $20 (cheaper than at the resort). They don't bug you by any means. This was a great relaxing trip and we both look forward going back to a Secrets resorts next year! Any suggestions of a Secrets resorts recommendation please message me. We are fans of the Secrets chain and find it has everything we expect on a true adult vacation. Thank you to all the staff who work their tails off daily! I have only one recommendation for the hotel is the floors are extremely slippery when wet. We had the swim out suite two years in a row and we drape the floor with the brown pool towels, I don't know if there are any other options for the hotel, so those of you who chose the swim outs make sure you bring some towels from the pool area just to be safe! Also, travelers, to avoid the time share people (tan outfits and very friendly) unplug your phones. They will call everyday morning, noon and night to get you to their free breakfast or coupons. We have been able to avoid this three years in a row and don't understand how people keep falling into this trap when it is mentioned in almost all the reviews. We figured if anybody really needed us, your concierge will see you and let you know (example tour changed pick up time, dinner reservations, or housekeeping issues). Be wise and know you really only need to talk to the person checking you in, the bell hop and the day before is when you need to contact someone to schedule your pick up time for the departure.

Room Tip: Avoid building 12 at all cost!
1  Thank JoAnne C

Dear guest,

Thank you so much! We appreciate all your comments and tips for other travelers!

We are so happy knowing that you are our biggest fan in the resort and that you have been here three times, we hope you will come for the fourth.
It is a pleasure to serve you.

Social Medica

Reviewed 20 August 2014

What a total package at Secrets Maroma Riviera Maya!!! I don't do reviews very often but this was definitely worth one, as I would love for others to have such an amazing experience! Property was absolutely beautiful, staff was amazing and friendly, service was top notch, grounds were extremely clean and manicured, food was so delicious and had a lot of variety, entertainment was so fun with a variety of shows, swim out room was UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL and private, always something going on for those who like to stay active, beds and chairs on the property and beach were so comfortable and private, and the atmosphere truly made you feel like you were "at home" like they mentioned every day ('welcome home')! I am ready to go back and will stay there everytime!

Room Tip: Definitely go with a swimout room!! We didn't have a beachfront but loved ours even more because...
3  Thank Chassity F
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear guest,

We are very happy you had a wonderful and look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Check in- At drop off we were immediately greeted and carted off to the preferred club section. EVERYONE was polite, helpful, and genuine. Dolphine checked us in, set up our honeymoon package, and introduced us to the preferred club lounge. Where we had our first exquisite margarita of our stay ( use only fresh pressed limes!)

Room- Amazing. The marble and stone everywhere was gorgeous. The design of the room is excellent and the ocean view from the room is amazing. The cleaning staff comes twice daily to clean your room, then to turn down your bed for the evening. It was actually very nice to come back to your room and always have a freshly made bed. The do not disturb system that disables your doorbell and lets the staff know you don't want to be bothered will come in handy. The room was spotless upon first entry and the staff keeps it this way your entire stay.

The food/restaurants- The restaurant choices you have for dinner are excellent. The portions are small yet delicious. You are not buried in large plated meals that satisfy the eye and not the palate. Being an all inclusive we did not expect to be wowed by the restaurants and they ALL wowed us. Lunch by the pool in a cabana does not get any better. Your breakfast options in the main dining cafe are excellent. There are a world of options available for any ones tastes. There are also continental breakfasts spread through out the resort to give you further options.

Grounds- Perfectly groomed and beautiful. There are a diverse amount of wildlife living on property. We appreciated the staffs appreciation and care for the wild life that lived on their grounds.

Staff- Courteous, helpful, and extremely professional. They will help you with whatever you ask and they will do it with pleasure.

The Bars- Every single bar offers top shelf alcohol and only top shelf alcohol. The bar we enjoyed the most was BARacuda . The staff was very fun. We always walked away with the perfect margarita in hand and a smile on our face from interacting with all of the staff. While there look for a bartender by the name of JUSTO.From day 2 to day 8 whenever in the pool/beach area we exclusively ordered from him. Ask him for a "Katie", and you will have a new and only drink of choice for your entire stay.

Beach- One of the best beaches in Mexico. Gorgeous and huge! Also very well groomed.

Entertainment Staff- LOOK FOR THESE GUYS/GIRLS AND GET INVOLVED WITH WHATEVER THEY ARE OFFERING. When your not relaxing at the pool or on the beach, find where they are because fun will be going down. They all have great senses of humor, and make the effort to remember who you are. The "Ferminator" and Jordan always did a great job at MCing the shows in the theater. The nights that shows are offered in the theater definitely check them out. The entrainment staff and the outsider entertainer they bring in, do a great job to entertain you. We were chosen to come on stage for the "Newly Wed Game" and had a hilarious time. If you not that athletic don't worry, take part in the games and just have fun. Ivan and "Mexican chocolate" always did a great job at each event with guests.

I think we narrowed down the key points when looking for a resort, or at least that's what we were looking for. If there are any other gaps we did not fill with our review, wewould fill them in with an excellent review.

We loved our honeymoon here. We last track our days and were caught up in the moment and experience Secrets Maroma offered.

-Shane & Kate

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view. The higher the room you request, the less obstruction you will have in lin...
2  Thank ShaneOmacNJ
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are happy the entertainment staff made your stay!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

A great resort. The property is beautiful and the service is very good. The restaurants were very accommodating of my vegetarian diet. If you have a dietary restriction make sure to tell your concierge on arrival. They gave me these cards to give the hostesses at the restaurants who gave me a separate menu. Overall the staff was very welcoming and our room was beautiful.

Room Tip: If you choose a beachfront room, it can be a bit noisy with all of the late night beach parties and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sarah W

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review, I invite you to send me an email when you are ready to return.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've been here for two days with 3 days remaining. The facilities are amazing, but the service is maybe 2 or 3 star at best. I base this on the fact that there is virtually no service in the pool areas. After about 6 hours at the pools over the past two days, I've managed to get a total of one drink served to my cabana. So if you want a beverage while relaxing, you're on your own.

5  Thank Chris D

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments, we have sent this review to managemente so they contact you since you still here.

Please contact me so we can take action.

Remember, service will always be our number one priority.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Maroma
#12 of 217 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#5 of 217 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!