“Secrets Maroma - A Relaxation Haven”

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greensboro
“Secrets Maroma - A Relaxation Haven”
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I enjoyed everything about my stay at Secrets Maroma and only wish it had been longer. The staff is extremely accommodating and do everything possible to make your stay as
enjoyable and carefree as possible. The beach, restaurants, and facilites are all first class and I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for an incredible resort in the Mayan Riviera.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank MMTravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,480)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I normally do not write reviews but felt compelled to write a little about Secrets. I had been planning my wedding/honeymoon for over a year when I came across this resort. I am so glad we chose this place, it was more then we could have ever imagined. The food, beach, pool, room, staff were all amazing! We were in heaven! Pretty much I can say is that all of the positive reviews on here are 100% accurate and all the negative reviews are from people who will never be satisfied in life. However, the thing that stood out the most was the staff here; they truly go out of your way to make you happy…something you do not experience often in the states. We will definitely be going back!!

1 Thank LeilaCalifornia
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Before we went to this hotel, I read the reviews on trip advisor and now am wondering how can anyone have a bad thing to say about this place, they must be used to the absolute best money can buy!! This hotel however:- amazing room, amazing staff, amazing food, amazing beach, everything was great. The entertainment staff were really good, you can be as active or relaxed as you want with no pressure, just a good time feeling all day every day. There is 8 resteraunts, all great all different, and the food at the pool or on the beach during the day was excellent too. I used the gym and that was perfectly adequate, and the spa although we never used it looked great. We would definitely return here. The staff could not do enough for us. One thing though it is really hot in June and gets hotter apparently, (we had to buy factor 75!! I didnt even know that existed!!) but a great great holiday.

1 Thank wild_thing1973
Corona Del mar
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My new husband and I went June 21-28th for our honeymoon. After extensive research I picked this hotel from all the reviews. The hotel is really nice. The service was above and beyond amazing considering gratuity is included, the staff literally waits on you hand and foot to make sure you are happy and get you anything you ask for and want. If you go to the pool ask for Alejandro.. he was our man the whole trip. He is the best pool waiter you could ask for and we tipped him everyday because honestly he deserved it. Tipping a few dollars here and there really goes along way with the staff although they would still treat you amazing, this just makes them so happy and they really go above and beyond to treat you like royalty. DEFINITELY take mosquito repellant and bug spray. We got bitten all over that was the only downfall ! The mosquitos are tiny so you cant see them and they bite you all over.. whether your in your room or in the lobby bar you will get bit ! The spa was AMAZING !! Its a must !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure to take sunscreen and anything you need because its super expensive to buy in the gift shop. 90 Percent of the hotel guests were honeymooners like we were so that was cool. The secret box for room service was the best invention ever ! I would absolutely recommend this hotel !

1 Thank talabala13
SC
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My husband & I wanted to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary and indulging in some much needed R & R. Our travel agent actually recommended Secrets Maroma and I was skeptical at first. We were sooo BEYOND, pleasantly surprised! It was a short, direct flight from Charlotte, NC. The transfers went smoothly and were included in our package. The main lobby is really breathtaking and they welcomed us with cool towels and a flute of champagne! The beaches were gorgeous and the rooms were identical to the website photos. The staff were all so wonderful; I don't think the word "no" is in their vocabulary. We traveled during easter/spring break week but never had to listen to crying children (why we left ours with grandma) OR loud, wild spring-breakers. This was NOT a 'cookie cutter' resort. There is a full schedule of events made available but we skipped most of them in favor of laying on the beach or by the pool. Really, its the best of both worlds...you can be as active or relaxed as you'd like. The food was VERY good. I've eaten in NYC and all over Europe and Secrets was on par with my experiences there. None of the restaurants are 'formal.' Most are considered casual. The breakfast buffet at the world cafe is like nothing I've ever seen. We'd eat brunch around 9 or 10, have a cocktail and shrimp cocktail by the pool around 2 or 3 and dinner at 8ish. I think we made reservations twice the whole time we were there. Our package included a $200 spa credit so we had a couples' massage and it was sublime. We toasted our travel agent more than once and agreed the trip was better than our honeymoon. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cal0899
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I would've been in heaven...and I nearly was. I was there for a small wedding...everything was gorgeous....the rehearsal, wedding and reception...the room...the beach...the turquoise ocean...the service...the SPA (amazing). It was blissful. I guess my only complaint is one that the resort couldn't possibly help...it was extremely romantic...couples everywhere. They were getting married...or on their honeymoon. For a single woman...it would be kind of disheartening to stay there alone! Still though...I might just have a romance with the ocean itself....this is the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. Sigh...love at first sight.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank lumibug
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This is a fantastic resort. All the reviews you read about the outstanding service are true. Food is good, not outstanding, but good. And yes, the ice cream is some of the best you'll have (vanilla particularly!) Rooms are more than big enough with loveseat on the balcony. A highlight of the resort is the food selection and service at lunch time by the pool. You never have to leave your lounge if you don't want to: food carts being pushed around by the staff include sushi, beef and shrimp skewers, onion rings, pork tacos and ice cream. Fantastic. But the best thing, though, by far, is this resort's beach. My husband and I have been to many places, i.e., Paradise Island, Punta Cana, several other resorts in Mexico, and this beach blew them away. Not even so much as a broken seashell when you walk, and with water so clear you won't believe it until you actually see it. Take a walk down the beach about 2 miles and you can check out the Iberostar Grand, another highly-ranked resort on Maroma Beach. Maroma Hotel is directly next door, and it is stunning to see.
Lots to do during the day if you wanted to - activities scheduled every hour. Yoga every morning poolside. Beach bungee trampoline is not to be missed (if you're a chick!) The spa is beautiful. Go an hour before your scheduled appointment to use all the water facilities. Our complaints with this resort: (1) the gym was extremely small and not very well-equipped; (2) when requesting a certain type of liquor, a couple times the bartenders tried to pass off a lower-shelf version instead of what we asked for.

1 Thank travelgirlsun13
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
#39 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#24 of 209 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!