13,923 results
All reviewspreferred clubworld cafebarefoot grillel patioour honeymoonroom serviceamerican idolsecrets boxentertainment staffbuilding conciergecoco cafefrench restaurantwelcome homehydrotherapy circuitocean viewpool volleyballmy pleasure
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My husband and I honeymooned at Secrets Maroma, it was the type of honeymoon we dreamed about. It surpassed our expectations in every way. The food was good and they were very accomodating to my vegetarian husband. The room (Jr. Suite) was beautiful and spacious. The mini bar was always stocked with our favoite drinks, room service and turn down service never was a disappointment, we were even surprised with rose petals in our jacuzzi and bed when we returned from our romantic dinner on the beach. The service was amazing and the staff was very professional, accomodating and courteous, no one ever made us feel like they expected a tip (unlike people outside the resort) we always left one anyways. The shows in the theatre were fun. No matter what you're doing (beach, pool, or just around the resort), if you're sitting around you'll always be asked if you need anything (drinks, food, etc.). I could go on and on about how much I love this place. It was heaven on earth, we're already planning a trip back and I can't wait!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SID61809
Reviewed 10 September 2010

After much research, we choose Secrets for our honeymoon and we could not have been happier with our choice. The resort was outstanding in every way . I have decided the break things down into categories.

Service: This was probably the highlight of the trip. We did not encounter one employee who wasn’t kind, upbeat, attentive, respectful and helpful. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to be working at Secrets and they were all more than ready to go above and beyond to make the hotel’s guests happy. There was no request that wasn’t responded to quickly and with a smile. We loved hearing “ hola” everywhere we went. I think that the service might be the most special thing about this place.

Pool: There were two very large pools. One was attached to the swim up bar and the other one was the infinity pool with a beautiful view of the ocean. Neither pool was ever crowded even in the height of the day. We also had no trouble finding a lounge chair. The pools were very warm and incredibly clean! I never saw so much as a hair or even a leaf floating in the water. It was wonderful! Since the temperature was so warm you could spend hours in the water without getting chilled. My husband and I enjoyed going in late at night when things were completely quiet. We preferred the infinity pool as it offered a great view of the ocean.

Beach: The beach was just excellent. The sand was powdery soft and golden with no shells or rocks to scratch your feet. There were tons of lounge chairs available and a very attentive wait staff walking around to offer drinks and food. (you could also walk to the bar with swings for chairs) The water itself was very, very beautiful, clear and warm with many lovely shades of blue. I loved the small waves which were perfect for body surfing.
We also enjoyed kayaking and wind sailing in the gorgeous waters.

Room:
We stayed in an Ocean View Preferred Club Junior Suite. The room was everything you could wish for: huge, spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and very luxurious. The bed/ pillows were soft and comfortable. The duvet & sheets were satiny with what felt like a high thread count. We loved the bathroom, which was done in gleaming marble and wood. We had a large Jacuzzi tub that was wonderful to soak in, and a large separate shower area. Our patio had a stunning view of the grounds, pool and ocean. There was a comfortable coach area to sit on and an outdoor soaking tub.

Food:
I am a bit of foodie and have gone many wonderful restaurants in NYC, so I am pretty picky. However, the food was just excellent! It was beautifully presented, well-seasoned and made with very fresh ingredients. There were some classic dishes and some more unusual combinations of flavors but all were delicious. Secrets also excels at creating wonderful desserts ( I thought the best desserts were at Bordeux) Our favorite restaurants were Bordeux and Oceana with Portofino coming in second. The only disappointment was the Asian restaurant which we would mediocre. We usually ate our breakfast in the preferred club , but we did venture to the World Café once and had a great experience. There was an enormous selections of hot dishes ( eggs, waffles, crepes, sweet desserts, fruits, sausages, bacons and other meats)

Spa: The spa was one of the highlights of our trip. First, the place is gorgeous and built in beautiful stones and marbles. As in the rest of the resort, everything was immaculately clean. We did the Couple’s massage ( neck, back and shoulders), a body scrub and a reflexology foot massage. All were the treatments were incredibly relaxing and done well. We just loved relaxing on the beds the spa provides while drinking a glass of their lemon flavored water. The best of the spa is the hydrotherapy area. It is heaven to sit in the steam room then run into the cold plunge pool then go into the Jacuzzi or regular pool. We definitely recommend using the spa at least once.

Grounds: Absolutely gorgeous! There were palms everywhere, and a beautiful array of flowers and shrubbery. There are also beautiful mini pools with tables and lounge chairs floating in them. As expected, everything was incredibly maintained. The place is also teaming with natural life. We saw tons of geckos, lizards, iguanas and ravens.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TRAVELINGDEE1217
Reviewed 9 September 2010

My wife and I looking into trips for our honeymoon and our Travel Agent suggested Secrets Maroma and we are both glad that he did. The drive into the resort is a small one-way brick lane through some mangroves. This had me a little worried about what was up ahead, but I guess to make a grand entrance would cost millions.

We were shuttled to the Front Desk and greeted with champagne and a hot towel. We were quickly whisked away to the Preferred Club and they had appetizers, drinks and our own personal check-in clerk. We walked across the resort to our Jr. Suite Swim up Ocean View room directly behind the Ocean Front building. We walked in and our room had a bucket of champagne waiting for us and some apples (Honeymoon Package). It was rainy that day and very humid, but we didn't mind as we were both very tired and we ordered room service that night and crashed at 9PM. The Secrets Box is amazing by the way. They knock a couple of times and if you do not answer, then they put the food and drinks into the box and then you can get it so you don't have to answer the door in your robe. We put all our plates and garbage and empty drinks in there and it was quickly taken away.

We woke the next morning to a Champagne Breakfast in bed with fresh tropical fruit. We ordered 24 hour room service a few times and the meals were always hot and delicious. We dined at the World Cafe for breakfast and it was amazing. Every breakfast item you could think of and fresh tropical fruit. They even had a bottle of vodka and Clamato juice for your morning drinks! We ate dinner at Portofino and my wife and I had to leave. The food was amazing, but it was so dark in there that the waiter had to give us a little flashlight to see the menu. The Seaside Grill was great. Sushi was great and the steaks were amazing. You have to try the Ceviche. Oceana had some great seafood as well. We didn't try the French restaurant as we heard that it wasn't that great. The best dinner was possibly Himitsu. We had a private table (you must book this as soon as you get to Secrets) with 2 other couples. The show was amazing and the service was impeccable. Enough with the food now and onto the main show!

The beach is absolutely incredible! Pure White sand. The beach is raked every once in awhile as well to clear it of seaweed and debris. The Ocean was a real treat. Blue and green mixed together to make it so beautiful. It was nice and warm and you could see little fish swimming around your legs as you entered. Beware of the waves as my wife lost one of her earrings when she got bowled over by a huge wave. I guess we caught the tail end of the hurricane that was nearby. We were greeted on the beach by some panhandlers who were selling sunglasses and hats, but they didn't come around too often and it was fun to haggle with them. Our servers on the beach were basically there everytime you finished your drinks and were ready to get you another one. One of our servers even went all the way back to the main bar to get us drinks as the beach bar was closing around 6PM. It was so hot and humid, I do not know how they do that all day and still have a smile on their face. You can order anything you want to eat and they bring it to you on the beach, or you can have some burgers or a seafood stirfry, cooked right at the beach. Towels were always plenty and the loungers were comfy.

We took two tours, the first was a 68 foot Catamaran and snorkle adventure. It was very hot that day and there had to have been 60 people on the boat. Not very private and I don't think that we would do it again, but it was nice. Our second adventure was Tulum and Xel-Ha. Tulum is an Ancient Mayan ruin perched atop a cliff. We were there for two hours which was just enough time to see everything and the beach down below was amazing. Then we were off to Xel-Ha. It is a freshwater/saltwater snorkle-haven. We did some snorkling and went down the Lazy River in our own tube. It takes about an hour and you go through a "cave" of snarled mangrove branches. It was nice and relaxing. You can jump off cliffs, cross a rope bridge and have authentic Mexican cusine! You can also take a deep sea walk on the ocean floor or swim with the dolphins (for some extra $)

The highlight of our trip was our swim-out. Everyone on the ground level had access to a pool that spanned across the building. When you heard some people using it, you just had to wait 10 minutes then you could have total privacy. We were in the pool and having some drinks and out of the blue a server comes walking towards us and asks if we want a drink. Unreal! The service was the best part of our whole trip. Our concierge, Jannick was amazing as well. We tipped him right off the bat and he had us in champagne and beers all day and night. He also set up a surprise for my wife on our last night with flowers and the bed was made with a special message.

It was a truly unforgettable trip and we are planning our first anniversary there. I would recommend this place to anyone and if you are looking for an amazing beach, even better service and 5 star food, this is the resort for you. This resort is not out of control drinking and partying, so it would be perfect for couples who are 25+ on their honeymoons or for couples who want to get away and spend some alone time together. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott316
Reviewed 9 September 2010

This was our second time to go to the resort, the first time was great but the second time was incredible. The food was so much better and the hospitality was excellent. They took good care of us the first time but this time was great. The grounds were so much more lush and the room, we could not ask for a better location. Even though we did not upgrade to an oceanfront they put us on the fourth floor with an incredible view. The only thing I could say is I wish they had more resorts like this one in either the Cayman's or Turk's and Caicos.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy1028
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We have stayed at several resorts in Cancun and the Riviera Maya area, and Secrets Maroma Beach is by far our favorite. We plan to return whenever we can. From the General Manager on down, the staff is the best there is, and will go out of their way to make you feel like royalty. The service level here is outstanding, as well as the accommodations, food, pool, beach, and spa. If you want to be pampered, never having to leave your pool or beach chair for food or drink, this is the place for you. A special shout out to Paulo, the pool concierge. He goes out of his way to make sure everyone is comfortable and have everything they need. Though it's not expected, we always bring money to tip the wait staff, housekeeping, and anyone else who provides a service. They work very hard and deserve to be rewarded. I am a travel agent, and I would recommend this resort if you are looking for the perfect honeymoon location, a place to celebrate a special occasion, or somewhere to just relax and soak up the sun. You won't need to look anywhere else. It's paradise!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple