El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma
US$605
US$589
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
US$380
Amarte Hotel(Playa Maroma)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$77
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
US$614
US$599
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
US$447
US$390
US$562
US$548
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$291
US$259
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$246
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$240
4,486 results
All reviewslima limoncaribbean grillpedro luisrick's baroutdoor showerinfinity pool suitemi hotelitobeach butlerperuvian restaurantexotic membersman made islandhoneymoon suitebeach bedssmall resortsky massagebreakfast and lunchrueben
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband & I spend our Anniversary in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area every year just to break away from the hustle & bustle of our busy schedules and simply to enjoy each other. If you are planning a vacation to bask in the sun and strictly relax than this is your place.

We prefer adult only all-inclusive resorts and have a deep love for Excellence & Secrets Resorts but decided to branch out this year to experience Maroma Beach. We were pleasantly surprised what this resort had to offer. Though on a smaller scale than we are used to, the resort is beautiful and the beach is by far the most amazing we have ever experienced (coming from a gal who has spent many years in Hawaii)!!! The sand is like baby powder and the water is much like a warm salt water bath that is shallow enough to lay down in for the first 20-30 feet. The beach beds are amazing as well & we never had a problem securing one.

The rooms are perfect. Honestly, of all of the resorts we have visited, this one has by far the most comfortable beds. They even include a pillow menu where you can choose your type of pillow!! Bonus Tip: If you love taking advantage of nature and the outdoors, I highly recommend the honeymoon suites as they are on the top floor and have private outdoor showers. Beware there are no elevators so you will have to climb several flights of stairs to get to these rooms with the most amazing showers ever!

The restaurants and food is very good. My favorite dish was the fried ice cream-silly but true. Pepitos for breakfast is amazing, and if you get the pleasure of having Jonas as your server, you will return to his section everyday!!! I highly suggest getting in there for breakfast on the first day as the kind of service you will receive from Jonas will jump start your stay and ensure the type of service you will receive throughout your stay. On our final day Eduardo Garcia, the "head hancho" of food service, hunted us down in the morning to offer us a private dinner tailored to what ever our hearts desired. It was the most amazing 5 course meal ever, and to top it off they did the same thing for breakfast for us. This was the most special part of our trip as Eduardo made us feel so welcome and treated us like royalty!!!!!

Overall, a very good experience thanks to our extremely awesome booking agent Melissa Harmon@ Beach Bum Vacation. I'm thinking she has a bit of pull in that place and can easily persuade the resort management to treat her customers like royalty, especially if booking for wedding, honeymoon, or anniversary. If you only knew what kind of upgrade she pulled off for us, you might call her today and say "lets book". She is by far the best travel agent I have ever worked with. Their service is first-class. You will know this for sure when you see the special package in the mail with all of your reservations, guides, etc.

Room Tip: The property is under a bit of construction and with that said AVOID buildings 6-8. Those who may have problems with mobility won't fair well on the top floors. Although the view is spectacular, there are no elevators and you must climb several flights of stairs.
17  Thank TheElliotts69
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I just got back from maybe our 15th visit (maybe a few more - can't remember exactly!) trip to the El Dorado Maroma Resort...we try to get there three times a year to get away from everything, and it is the perfect spot! I won't rehash all the reviews - the beach, food, hotel, property are fantastic...but it's the people that keep bringing us back to our "home" on Maroma Beach. From the top down (Ignacio Lazaro - GM) the staff is the best there is...and my wife and I are in the hotel/hospitality industry. When we arrive, the same person is always there to greet us, the bar and restaurant staff know us by name, and to order cocktails all I need to do is look up from my day bed or beach chair and say "dos mas"...and there they are! And it's not just because we've seen them so many times...it's been like that from the very first trip, which is the main reason we started repeating our vacations to the same property. If you are looking for an intimate, beautiful hotel with great F&B and a staff that is the best in the business - look no further...and we'll see you there!

1  Thank JoeandAshley
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful smaller intimate resort. Excellent customer service. I love the people, the food and the service. I loved the beach and the size of the resort. Easy access to everything. This resort is smaller but the food is great they bend over backwards to please. I was greeted at check in with warm cloth to wipe off the travel dust and a glass of champagne and treated like a queen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 905tamaraa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Really, for the entire week we were there. Beautiful property with OUTSTANDING service. We had a room on the fourth floor with an ocean view. The climb up the stairs got a little old by the third time we did it each day, but the view was worth it. The room itself was great and I loved the outdoor shower.
As I said, the service was excellent. Our butlers (Kenneth and José) took care of every request--no matter how big or small--very quickly. Sandra, the hostess at most of the restaurants, was always friendly and smiling. Gustavo, head waiter, arranged a special dinner for us at the asian restaurant. We didn't even have to look at the menu--he just brought us the best of everything they had to offer! Estella, our beach cocktail server, was always happy and served us very well. Daniel, in the spa, was very friendly and always sported a million dollar smile. Finally, René, at the small pool bar, really knew what he was doing with that blender!
My only complaints were:
The only way to get a beach bed was to get up at 5:30 AM and go down to the beach to claim one. They should create a reservation system to save a beach bed by signing up the afternoon for a bed the following day.
The food. It's called gourmet inclusive, but I really wouldn't call this gourmet food. The only really outstanding meal we had was on our last night when Gustavo arranged our special dinner at the Asian restaurant. This restaurant was the most popular and by 7:00 each night there was an hour wait.

Room Tip: 4th floor has the best view, but there's no elevator so don't ask for a 4th floor room if you're lazy!
2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our 3rd trip to EDM, having stayed at EL Dorado Seaside Suites twice and El Dorado Royal once. A constant at all of these resorts is wonderful food. Most of the restaurants are a la carte, where you can order as many dishes as you would like. Room service is excellent, as is the drink service on the beach/pool. Breakfast at Pepitos is always a highlight, I won't remember all of the waiters names, but Jonas, Javier, Oscar are constants. They don't just provide you with table service, they help you practice your spanish, ask about your families and remember your favorite drinks. We found Rosie at the Asian/Mexican restaurant area, what a wonderful smile and excellent service. When I realized that I had forgotten bug spray for our dinner on the beach, she ran off to get some for me! Berenice and Diana (Exotic membership) are always helpful and do their jobs with a smile. The beach is amazing! We walked for over 2 hours one morning up the beach and back. Our room was well maintained and kept very clean. We will be back!

1  Thank kkf